Will the 2017 Rugby League World Cup finals be as lopsided as the 2017 afl finals

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Will the 2017 Rugby League World Cup finals be as lopsided as the 2017 afl finals

Post by NlolRL »

KE give up. You're looking like a bigger goose than normal
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Will the 2017 Rugby League World Cup finals be as lopsided as the 2017 afl finals

Post by Fred »

Yes. Looks like the uncoordinated flurry rather than the stragic counterattack unfortunetely. I did note the good old spread across threads though and the bumping of an old thread which usually is a goos tactic. There may be fight n the old boy yet but yes... you got to know when to fold em.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

You two remind me of the two babbling muppets in the grand stand. :lol:

How's about you tell us ur thoughts on the topic for a change? Did the rlwc have more close games than the 2017 afl finals?

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:11 pm
You two remind me of the two babbling muppets in the grand stand. :lol:

How's about you tell us ur thoughts on the topic for a change? Did the rlwc have more close games than the 2017 afl finals?

I'll leave the debate up to you and sportscap. He's dealing out some epic whooparse. Id hate to interfere
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:11 am
SportCapital wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:07 pm
:(/

Oh dear lord. Gentlemen, gentlemen, and me afl strugglers please lemme take the time to explain the thread once more mainly for those who find The abysmal 2017 afl finals series difficult to get over.

This thread is about whether the rlwc would have more close, rather than lopsided, matches than the afl finals series.

The answer to this question is quite simple. Yes, the rlwc had many many more close matches than the afl finals. :D the answer is the notoriously lopsided rlwc had many many many more close matches than the afl 2017 finals. So many more ! :lol: :\:

I know this is difficult to take me afl fans, but it's fact. I know this will be difficult to read for the afl fans but as was warned in the small print in the op, it would be foolish to suggest otherwise so I'm afraid.... you chumps are fools :lol:

:D
What the fuck is this dribble?
Let's start with some quotes from KE.
My personal favourite.
"Early warning for afl fans. Please, be very careful if you decide to take me on on the premise of this thread. I just don't want you guys to look like a pack of doey eyed doofi again :lol:"

Another gem!
"And that then means my second prophecy has come true. The rlwc finals is already much much much much... much much much l less lopsided than than the 2017 afl finals

That's fuckin hilarious

:(/"

And this is pretty blatant.
":(/ ... Bow down bitches... which finals series was more lopsided? "

So, in not only the title, but a prophesy and a direct question.
You referenced lopsidedness.
You stated the RLWC were "much much much etc" less lopsided than the AFL finals.
I wonder how your prophesy stacks up against the data?
Let's see.

RLWC. 7 games.
AFL. 9 games.

RL- In 6/7 games the loser never lead at any time.(drawing even isn't the lead)
AFL- 2/9 games.
85% vs 22%

RL- In 3/7 games there was a single lead change, that's 3 total. (drawing even is a lead change)
AFL- 8/9 had 18 between them.
0.44/match vs 2.0/match
That takes care of the lopsidedness.
A clear leader there.

Now to your flip flop, back flip, squirm fest, what ever you want to call it. Which by the way screams of a looming defeat.
Pretty proud moment for you I'd have thought. :(/
You'll carry a permanent scare from this now.

So how close were they.
RLWC- The winners scored a whopping 252% more points than the losers. (And that's in a "lower scoring" game)
That's a scoring ratio of 3.52 : 1 (for crap)
AFL- 82% more.
At 1.82 : 1
A clear leader there too.

I acknowledge that there was one extra close match in the RLWC than the AFL. (I bet a Bitcoin you'll run with this)
But really, this just backs your flip flop. So I understand the reason for you trying to change the terminology. It was your last gasp. But this thread is based on lopsidedness.

And remember everyone, this is just the finals. The picture gets much worse when you factor in the rest of the RLWC matches. Much worse!

Now this might be the first Forum I've ever posted in, but you just got a lesson from a total novice. :(/
And remember-
To quote my favourite statistician.
"Without stats you're just a flog with an opinion"

"Much much much much much much" just doesn't cut it chump.

I'll part with your own words.
"I just don't want you guys to look like a pack of doey eyed doofi again"

Chalk it up to the SportCapital again. :rock:

Oh dear, here's a famous quote for ya champ "there's lies then there's damn lies... then there's statistics" :(/ you poor bastard, look at the trouble you've gone to desperately try and say the afl finals had more exciting matches than the rlwc. :wave: :rofl:

You poor docile bastard you! :lol:

Errrm lemme dumb it down for ya dumbo..have you tried looking at the scoreboard?

:(/ :(/ :(/
Suprise suprise! A bunch of insults. Powerfull retort! :(/

I'm familiar with this quote and the mechanism it employs. Not applicable at all. There needs to be lies and damn lies to then try to cover them up with stats. I'm actually surprised you don't use stats more really. :-k

No, there are hard (for you) truth's, proven by stats. =D

Tell me how exciting is it when your team doesn't score a single point? I wouldn't know as i don't recall having never whiteness this. :-k
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: struth, the fool is great in this one. Sporty? I asked you to look at the scoreboard and it appears you haven't as you're still making quite the fool of yerself in here. ... here's the scoreboard for ya sport

Afl 2017 finals - 1 closely fought contest out of 8 matches ---- or as you like a poultry 12.5% of closely fought matches :lol:

Rlwc 2017 finals - 4 closely fought contests out of 7 matches --- or as you like a respectable 57.14% of contests were close

There was a whopping 400% more closely fought matches in the rlwc finals series which in fact had less total matches :lol:

Nlol? Freddy? How's the bleeding obvious feel? :lol:
Sporty me boy? Look at the scoreboard chump. Just have a lil look see before you come back with ur "but the lead changes" shmack :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

How are you defining a closely fought contest? Seems to me that lead changes is far more objective than your subjective and biased opinion.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 pm
How are you defining a closely fought contest? Seems to me that lead changes is far more objective than your subjective and biased opinion.
:(/ oh sweet Jesus! Did you just type that? :rofl:

Errrrmmmm wow :hmm: the mind boggles how would one describe a close match? Errrrmm I dunno errrrmmmm maybe across all sports the universal definition of a close match would be one where the scores are close in the dying stages/at the end of the game?

You reckon that might be a fair definition there nlol? Or would that be me being subjective!? :(/

Far out, I'm working with the bluntest of tools here, it's really quite unfair. It's not even close, it's like one of the 7 out of 8 afl 2017 finals in here! I'm giving these three dunderheads an absolute drubbing and I'm not even trying. I mean, for fukks sake guys, do you all seriously not know what a close match means???

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Do I need to post the actual 7 rlwc scores next to the afl finals scores here? I thought you guys surely would've checked the background before engaging in a fight with me. Surely you did, right? :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Shhhhhh errrrybody... :-$ I wanna hear three coins drop :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 pm
:(/ oh sweet Jesus! Did you just type that? :rofl:

Errrrmmmm wow :hmm: the mind boggles how would one describe a close match? Errrrmm I dunno errrrmmmm maybe across all sports the universal definition of a close match would be one where the scores are close in the dying stages/at the end of the game?

You reckon that might be a fair definition there nlol? Or would that be me being subjective!? :(/

Far out, I'm working with the bluntest of tools here, it's really quite unfair. It's not even close, it's like one of the 7 out of 8 afl 2017 finals in here! I'm giving these three dunderheads an absolute drubbing and I'm not even trying. I mean, for fukks sake guys, do you all seriously not know what a close match means???

A game can be close up until the last quarter, then become a blowout. It can be closely fought on the field but not close on the scoreboard. Given how scoring can come quickly in the AFL a comfortable margin in the end can be closely fought for most of the game

Richmond only lead tje giants by 4 goals towards the end of the 3rd quarter after kicking late goals. This was a close contest up until that point. Withe the tigers history of finals chokes it still remained interesting until the final 10 minutes.

The tigers were also less than 4 goals up against the cats well into the last quarter, before kicking away in exciting fashion. Another close contest until near the end
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

The other factor to consider here is predictability. Australia were the overwhelming favourites to make the WC final and win it. Where as the crows swans and giants were either equally or more strongly favoured to be premiers than Richmond.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

They weren't close contests at al nlol. Please, don't make shit up to try save face, just admit I'm right and politely carry on. You'll feel better for it I promise. :)

Richmond stormed home and tore new arseholes for gws and Geelong. Seriously nlol, it's pitiful watching you try to make close matches out of drubbings just to try and win the argument. It's futile you silly clown, the rlwc finals had many many more close matches than the afl 2017 finals.

Now look, it's not all that bad, I think I'd go as far to say the lopsided afl finals series might have just been a once in fifty years event. It was that ukking bad bro :lol: and what's more amazeballs? I predicted it! :lol: :\: and then I made another probably much easier prediction, that the rlwc finals would have more close games than the afl finals. Might seem dangerous of me given the notoriously lopsided rlwc events of the past... But.... It wasn't and I was right on the money again! :lol: :\:

Just deal with reality bro, you can't change it, there's nuttin you can do bro...but deal with it :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 pm
The other factor to consider here is predictability. Australia were the overwhelming favourites to make the WC final and win it. Where as the crows swans and giants were either equally or more strongly favoured to be premiers than Richmond.
Clutching at straws much? :rofl:

Oi! Numnuts? I'm talking about close matches here not friggin 'predicatabikity'

He's so desperate, look at him mah members, he's just so desperate.

What about the weather nlol? I think the humidity in Melb is usually less at this time of year so that would've impacted on the closeness of matches too right? :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Predictability has a lot to do with one-sidedness. Richmond winning the GF was a far more interesting finala campaign because they werent expected to win. Its prwtty hard to call a final series one sided when rhe underdog succeeds