AFL 2018 finals series - KE's prophecy on cwowd number and tv wating declines

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

AFL 2018 finals series - KE's prophecy on cwowd number and tv wating declines

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hellllooooo mah members :wave:

Talking footys resident prophet here with another important heads up forfootyfans :thumbleft: :D:

So, many of you will have read my fantastically popular thread on the lopsided piece of dogshit 2017 afl finals :lol: if you haven't, it's a fantastic read so please feel free to sit down with a warm milo and ur favourite blanket and have a good Ol read and chuckle over the hilarity that is the afl fans trying to defend the worst finals series in the history of afl footy (and likely all football codes).

If you don't have the time to read basically in sum this year the afl finals series produced 7 out of a possible 8 matches where one team absolutely and clearly dominated their opponent. These types of matches are boring to watch and should be rarer in finals footy, there's simply no two ways about that. I truly feel sorry for the many thousands of poor bastards who spent their hard earned money and free time watching lopsided contests that were often over by halftime. I watched a few matches on tv, it felt like I imagine what Chinese water torture would feel like. A slow and agonisingly boring torture. :/;

So Having generously explained the background to my prophecy I would now like to state that

De cwowds and de tv watings of the 2018 afl series will be lower than the 2017 afl finals series.

Mark my words mah members! :o
I know this prophecy may be impacted by the mammoth prevalence of brain washed merinos that attend and watch afl no matter how shit the actual product is but I have belief that a lot of em have a few functional brain cells and a memory and will be disheartened by what happened this year.

:cheers:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL 2018 finals series - KE's prophecy on cwowd number and tv wating declines

Post by Pete_2211 »

A lopsided game of AFL is still way better than a close game of Rugby League.

So the AFL still wins
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles

Re: AFL 2018 finals series - KE's prophecy on cwowd number and tv wating declines

Post by Buzz »

Why is king of the forum calling us all 'Ma members?'
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

AFL had 50% more lead changes in the finals which equals a more exciting emotional roller coaster for both sides supporters.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

for me personally, regards to quality.. the NRL FINALS in 2017 SUCKED>

So many errors intensity was not there>> was very average viewing>>
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

SportCapital wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:02 pm
AFL had 50% more lead changes in the finals which equals a more exciting emotional roller coaster for both sides supporters.
Much faster and higher scoring game than the nrlol hence the larger score lines and margins
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 am

Talking footys resident prophet here with another important heads up forfootyfans :thumbleft: :D:

So, many of you will have read my fantastically popular thread on the lopsided piece of dogshit 2017 afl finals :lol: if you haven't, it's a fantastic read so please feel free to sit down with a warm milo and ur favourite blanket and have a good Ol read and chuckle over the hilarity that is the afl fans trying to defend the worst finals series in the history of afl footy (and likely all football codes).

If you don't have the time to read basically in sum this year the afl finals series produced 7 out of a possible 8 matches where one team absolutely and clearly dominated their opponent. These types of matches are boring to watch and should be rarer in finals footy, there's simply no two ways about that. I truly feel sorry for the many thousands of poor bastards who spent their hard earned money and free time watching lopsided contests that were often over by halftime. I watched a few matches on tv, it felt like I imagine what Chinese water torture would feel like. A slow and agonisingly boring torture. :/;

So Having generously explained the background to my prophecy I would now like to state that

De cwowds and de tv watings of the 2018 afl series will be lower than the 2017 afl finals series.

I know this prophecy may be impacted by the mammoth prevalence of brain washed merinos that attend and watch afl no matter how shit the actual product is but I have belief that a lot of em have a few functional brain cells and a memory and will be disheartened by what happened this year.

Well given your the minority eliagh and more people pay a premium to watch the afl than the bargain bi. Prices the nrlol charges it’s clear to see what the people like to watch
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

50% more lead changes? Who's arse was that stat plucked from?

Fact is 7out of the 8 afl games were one sided piece of dogshit affairs. That's just the fact and no waffling on about high scoring or lead changes or cwowds or tv watings can change the fact. So cry me a river me afl laddettes, cry me a river :lol:

Now let's get this thread back on topic. Will the ratings and crowds drop in the 2018 series as a result of the lopsided 2017 series?

A
Is my prophecy on the money ?

:D:

xman wrote:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Fact is 7out of the 8 afl games were one sided piece of dogshit affairs. That's just the fact and no waffling on about high scoring or lead changes or cwowds or tv watings can change the fact. So cry me a river me afl laddettes, cry me a river :lol:

Now let's get this thread back on topic. Will the ratings and crowds drop in the 2018 series as a result of the lopsided 2017 series?

A

The worm doesn't lie. 24 vs 16. The math is sound.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

The ratings will be down if they put more Storm games on FTA. I watched every game on the app over many AFL matches. Poetry in motion! Absolutely no equal. Another year like that could shake things up for sure.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

SportCapital wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm

A

Sorry sport but your numbers aren't telling jack diddly at the moment. You've just plucked em out and dribbled them onto our boards with Not a skerrick of clarification. Seems very dodgy to me. Exactly what does 24 v 16 represent? Lead changes over the entire 2017 afl finals vs the 2016 afl finals? And exactly what are you trying to prove with ur stat?

Don't be shy now sport, put ur argument out there Ol chap ;)

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wookie... Again you disappoint... You can and must do better!

I mean seriously, do you honestly believe the crowds turned up and the viewers tuned in knowing they'd be about to watch a lopsided piece of dogshit match? No, of course not, I'm the only one who could've predicted such a woeful finals series before it eventuates.

But dear wookie, I'm banking on thousands of those afl fans who showed up and tuned in to remember just how shithouse the finals competitions were and sensibly tune out and do something better with their time come September 2018.

Please wookie, post with some sensibility from now on. I can't handle another dim witted leagueiscrap type character on here. So... Pickup yer game!

xman wrote:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 pm
SportCapital wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm

A

Sorry sport but your numbers aren't telling jack diddly at the moment. You've just plucked em out and dribbled them onto our boards with Not a skerrick of clarification. Seems very dodgy to me. Exactly what does 24 v 16 represent? Lead changes over the entire 2017 afl finals vs the 2016 afl finals? And exactly what are you trying to prove with ur stat?

Don't be shy now sport, put ur argument out there Ol chap ;)
To clarify. Even tho most of the AFL finals we're blow outs the was half again as many lead changes than NRL. Which makes a more exciting viewing. The best moment of any game is when the team you're backing hits the lead.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:54 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 am

Given AFL Crowds and ratings disagreed with your assessment of this years final series, why the fuck would we give a shit about your prophetic nonsense?
Usual life and times of a nrlol fan!
They are convinced that Opinion over rides fact and reality
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles

Post by Buzz »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 pm
Wookie... Again you disappoint... You can and must do better!

I mean seriously, do you honestly believe the crowds turned up and the viewers tuned in knowing they'd be about to watch a lopsided piece of dogshit match? No, of course not, I'm the only one who could've predicted such a woeful finals series before it eventuates.

But dear wookie, I'm banking on thousands of those afl fans who showed up and tuned in to remember just how shithouse the finals competitions were and sensibly tune out and do something better with their time come September 2018.

Please wookie, post with some sensibility from now on. I can't handle another dim witted leagueiscrap type character on here. So... Pickup yer game!
Are you saying you're the only dood in Australia that knew who was going to win the nrl premiership months out from the game?

Get off the pills bro.... it's kids stuff :wave: