Rugby League World Cup - yet another display of the nrls embrace of multicultural Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Rugby League World Cup - yet another display of the nrls embrace of multicultural Australia

Post by King-Eliagh »

Been watching the World Cup this week, really looking forward to the New Zealand Tonga rivalry matchup tmw :D:

It's been quite pleasing to see NRL stars peppered throughout teams across the world. Just another clear indication of the nrls success in embracing multicultural Australia.

The afl haven't been able to do the same unfortunately. I'd say it's the countless racist arseholes involved at every level of the afl and enmasse throughout afl crowds that has made thousands upon thousands of people of backgrounds other than Anglo turn away from the sport.

So let's all commend the NRL for embracing the entire community, rather than primarily just the white community as the afl has.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Rugby League World Cup - yet another display of the nrls embrace of multicultural Australia

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

it is actually Samoa v Tonga>>

and yes I am too.. its always a great match up!

I love internationals wish there was more of it.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Rugby League World Cup - yet another display of the nrls embrace of multicultural Australia

Post by AFLcrap1 »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 pm
Been watching the World Cup this week, really looking forward to the New Zealand Tonga rivalry matchup tmw :D:

It's been quite pleasing to see NRL stars peppered throughout teams across the world. Just another clear indication of the nrls success in embracing multicultural Australia.

The afl haven't been able to do the same unfortunately. I'd say it's the countless racist arseholes involved at every level of the afl and enmasse throughout afl crowds that has made thousands upon thousands of people of backgrounds other than Anglo turn away from the sport.

So let's all commend the NRL for embracing the entire community, rather than primarily just the white community as the afl has.
Nailed it.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Yep. If you look at team photo's of RL teams and team photo's of AFL teams there is a pretty stark difference. One is multicultural whilst the other is choc full of Anglo-Saxon pretty boys.

The multi million dollar poaching of Hunt and Folau has done zilch to tap into the islander market for the fumbling code as well.

I reckon they should get some Kenyan long distance runners. They train like the fumblers and are skinny like our precious little boys. I'm sure they'd master the game quicker than you could say, "Mike Pyke was a 2nd class Rugby player from a 3rd rate Rugby power AND a star in the AFL" lolollolololololololol.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:03 pm
Yep. If you look at team photo's of RL teams and team photo's of AFL teams there is a pretty stark difference. One is multicultural whilst the other is choc full of Anglo-Saxon pretty boys.

The multi million dollar poaching of Hunt and Folau has done zilch to tap into the islander market for the fumbling code as well.

I reckon they should get some Kenyan long distance runners. They train like the fumblers and are skinny like our precious little boys. I'm sure they'd master the game quicker than you could say, "Mike Pyke was a 2nd class Rugby player from a 3rd rate Rugby power AND a star in the AFL" lolollolololololololol.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
It's funny coz it's true
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:39 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Nailed it.
I’ve never understood this? Afl have many cultures playing in it. If you mean not too many islanders I would agree however I don’t think the body type of the islander is suited to Australian rules football to be honest. And there are many cultures including a large number of aboriginal players, are large number of Italians, there are Irish players, even a couple from America have played. I am pretty sure there are cultures from across Europe reflecting the immigration after wwII etc. there are also Asian players although not in the sane numbers and I believe 4 Sudanese players made there debut last season or over past two years. These are many cultures who play. I am waiting to hear people say that European is one culture... confusing skin colour with culture but hey ... nothing new there.

Not saying Rl doesn’t have a lot of cultures playing which reflects largely the working classes of Sydney which is great (there ya all go :)) but I would hardly say afl is culturally diverse ...especially if you look at Australian rules football across the board. I think the make up reflects largely the community that follows it as does Rl. Not sure about union ?
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fred wrote:
but I would hardly say afl is culturally diverse
:(/

Me neither freddy me boy, me neither.

:\:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Rugby league on the other hand is culturally diverse. Whilst afl is dominated by those of Anglo Celtic background and culture.

Perhaps to dumb it down for you folks a little. Language is often argued to be the most fundamental aspect of any culture. Aside from the 10 odd percent mod Aboriginal players the afl lads almost entirely have come from ur typical white English speaking family background/culture. Because the afl has some as Freddo says "Irish" and "American" :lol: players is pointing out cultural uniformity rather than diversity :lol: the arl/NRL has been massively embraced by Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Aboriginal, Fijian, Tongan, Maori, Papua New Guinean and of course your Anglo Celtic Aussie communities and this is not the only communities who've taken up the code.

Note the language backgrounds Freddo ;) and then thAnk me and the NRL you ignorant clown, you now understand what actual cultural diversity entails, rather than the narrow shallow line the afl declares

:cheers:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ah! tut tut tut now wookie, you've made a bit of a boo boo in ur post above. Lemme point it out and help enlighten you.

You talk of Italian Greek and Slavic "contributions". Contributions is one thing, embracing the code en mass is another. And we all know those folks have definitely not embraced the afl.

Thank me wookie, thank me and the NRL you ignorant clown!

:lol: :\: :lol:

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 pm
Fred wrote:
but I would hardly say afl is culturally diverse
:(/

Me neither freddy me boy, me neither.

:\:
:). Isn’t I meant lol
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm

So you cant be multicultural unless you LOOK different?

This ignores the italian/greek/slavic and other european cultures that have contributed to Australian football over the years (along with people of British or Irish background).

Hell if the AFL wanted to, they could have contributed token AFL players to International cup grade squads on the basis of ancestry and heritage and formed their own half assed world cup too.
I very much doubt AFL would be able to field any teams that would be even remotely competitive against Australia. Even if they used heritage rules.

This is why AFL does not let Australia compete in their international cup. Would be such a whitewash, with Australia beating every team by 100 plus points.

Even International rules games against Ireland are a joke. The game is not even a AFL ball. Is more like a hybrid game.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:21 pm

This ignores the italian/greek/slavic and other european cultures that have contributed to Australian football over the years (along with people of British or Irish background).

Hell if the AFL wanted to, they could have contributed token AFL players to International cup grade squads on the basis of ancestry and heritage and formed their own half assed world cup too.
I very much doubt AFL would be able to field any teams that would be even remotely competitive against Australia. Even if they used heritage rules.

This is why AFL does not let Australia compete in their international cup. Would be such a whitewash, with Australia beating every team by 100 plus points.

Even International rules games against Ireland are a joke. The game is not even a AFL ball. Is more like a hybrid game.
Isn’t that pretty much the same when the Australian nrlol team plays another team other than no! Totally flogs then even though the opposition team still has several nrlol players representing that country
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 pm
Rugby league on the other hand is culturally diverse. Whilst afl is dominated by those of Anglo Celtic background and culture.

Perhaps to dumb it down for you folks a little. Language is often argued to be the most fundamental aspect of any culture. Aside from the 10 odd percent mod Aboriginal players the afl lads almost entirely have come from ur typical white English speaking family background/culture. Because the afl has some as Freddo says "Irish" and "American" :lol: players is pointing out cultural uniformity rather than diversity :lol: the arl/NRL has been massively embraced by Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Aboriginal, Fijian, Tongan, Maori, Papua New Guinean and of course your Anglo Celtic Aussie communities and this is not the only communities who've taken up the code.

Note the language backgrounds Freddo ;) and then thAnk me and the NRL you ignorant clown, you now understand what actual cultural diversity entails, rather than the narrow shallow line the afl declares

:cheers:
As you know ke..(good to see you back by the way ) but if you are using language as the cultural benchmark where English is the base I think you will find much of Europe has different language. But anyway , the language arguement is a poor one but I’ll let you off as I like you. :).

Both codes are ethically diverse (there you go ... that’s the word your looking for). I mentioned African/Sudanese yet you ignore that. I mentioned Asian yet again you ignore that?

Anyway I’ll play a little longer as, I am sure you are aware, the France v Aus game is ordinary and this is slightly more fun. So go ahead... let’s play...... fill my time as Bangkok is pretty lame lol. As an aside ... walked down some street today ... red light
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 pm
Australia beat france 52-6 tonight. Hardly competitive.
Half the games in the cup so far have been decided by similar margins.

If Ireland and New Zealand were allowed to feature Australian football players from the AFL or the second tier of the Australian footy you'd see similar results.
France is one of the weakest teams in the competition, so hardly a fair comparison. Some of the Pacific Island sides like Fiji are the strongest they have ever been. This just shows the growth of rugby league in these areas.

If AFL decided to put on and international cup with Australia competing, they would win every game in evey tier by a mile against every country.

If New Zealand are as good as you say they are at AFL, why does'nt AFL just put on test matches against them?

And if Ireland are so good at AFL, why have international rules? Why not just have Australia vs Ireland in Aussie rules?

These questions more than prove AFL have zero depth at an international level.

Don't forget Rubgy League has a whole 3 tier professional competition consisting of close to 40 teams in Northern England to choose players from. While AFL pretty much has only Australia.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Thanks Wookie. I wouldn't expect anything different from you lololololololol.