AFL bid for ANZ Stadium to become an oval stadium could cost NSW the NRL grand final

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: AFL bid for ANZ Stadium to become an oval stadium could cost NSW the NRL grand final

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:06 am
Lol ..Beas hypocrisy is breathtaking
Having a crack at the biggest sport in Syd wanting a proper rectangle stadium .
Then you have a go at the NRL about a new parra stadium ..plus maybe another
This comes after the Swans get the SCG upgraded
& the midgets get a brand new stadium .

2 Aflol teams ..both have new or recently upgraded stadiums ..yet now you think they need a third .
The SCG was upgraded for cricket, was just a bonus for Swans.

The Showgrounds now known as Spotless Stadium was upgraded based on a request from its owners the Royal Agricultural Society and the AFL. The stadium now provides a venue for the Easter Show, concerts, functions, AFL, Cricket and Soccer. $65 million is pretty good value when you think of it that way eh, especially when compared to the billions the NRL are demanding from NSW taxpayers to lock out oval based sports - through a complete rebuild of a ANZ stadium. Even more galling is the NRL/FFA demands when you think they very rarely even quarter fill the place throughout the year and unlike the AFL never contribute any funds themselves. The constant handout mentality from the NRL and now FFA is what annoys me most, particularly when they are trying to lock sports like footy and cricket out.

Oh and why is it no problem for the NRL and FFA to play their games outside of Sydney on ovals such as the MCG, Etihad Stadium, Adelaide Oval or Perth Stadium? The fucking NRL is even threatening to take their Grand Final to the oval shaped MCG if they don’t get their way in locking out oval based sports from ANZ Stadium. FFS can’t you see how stupid and arrogant that sounds?

ANZ Stadium could be rebuilt to bring fans closer to the field of play for all codes. Why can’t we have a multi purpose stadium that does just that? Sydney’s premier venue, capable of hosting all major sporting codes/events should be the dream and in fact was the original plan (see video)

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AFL bid for ANZ Stadium to become an oval stadium could cost NSW the NRL grand final

Post by Beaussie »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:12 pm
They got $100's of millions from Government already, they got Spotless, they got blacktown they got SCG revamped, they got an academy for GWS.
Oh dear, all AFL yeah? No cricket, soccer benefits to be seen eh? BTW, where do the Wanderers currently play their home games? :hmm:

Unrelated but I’m curious, will you ever comment and join in the discussion in the soccer tv ratings thread, regarding the train wreak that is soccer tv ratings on commercial FTA TV this season? Awful start to a season it appears eh? I remember you being hopeful of much brighter times ahead for soccer. Sad eh? :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6295
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bea in full stamp the feet mode
Simple fact you idiot
Is there is two afl teams in Syd .
Both play out of 2 upgraded or new stadia .
They are the most recent with big $$$ spent on them .

3 other codes need updated or new rectangle stadia for the varied sports & levels of sports to be played there .
Not just domestic comps & in these codes there's far far more teams playing out of SYD
There's interstate.
There internationals
Not a problem for you lot .
You got your new stadia ..yet now are trying to sabotage The go ahaead for the rebuild .

Afl ..the grubiest greediest code in AUST.

They get looked after
But when other codes look like getting looked after they show their true colours
& you can't seem to work out why fans of other codes despise this mob .
Lol

It's hysterical
There's not one reason ANZ should stay oval
You lot abandoned it
Now you want a say in it
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& ask anyone who has been there watching Rl Ru or sokka
The viewing is terrible .
Too far away

Hence sports played on a rectangle field should be in stadia that is set up for it

& yes it is sabotage to ask to keep it oval
The biggest sport in Syd is RL
Yet you lot think nothing is wrong by already having updated grounds for your sport but denying the other 3 codes a better viewing experience for their biggest games

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:08 pm
& ask anyone who has been there watching Rl Ru or sokka
The viewing is terrible .
Too far away

Hence sports played on a rectangle field should be in stadia that is set up for it
Yet your code says if it doesn’t get its way with a full rebuild and rectangular mode only, you lot will take your Grand Final to the oval shaped MCG? Please explain
& yes it is sabotage to ask to keep it oval
The biggest sport in Syd is RL
Yet you lot think nothing is wrong by already having updated grounds for your sport but denying the other 3 codes a better viewing experience for their biggest games
How is having rectangular and oval modes available as shown in the original plans (again watch the video below) for redevelopment sabotage?

Limiting sporting/event options for good at what should be Sydney’s premier stadium is what I call sabotage. Why can’t you lot share?
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Well if we can believe the article ..... having just read it my reading of it is that it is an ambient claim re: anz being an oval. The afl are looking to get a slice of the funds that is all... and so they should as they would be negligent if they didn’t.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol,Fred they just got the last two slices to fund stadia for their teams .

But that's ok with you lot .

They apparently deserve more .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

In business it’s not about what a business thinks they deserve. There is no emotion here. The afl is seeing that there is money available and are seeing if they can get a slice. Whether they are deserving or not is irrelevant and in fact it would be negligent if they did not. Whilst not a listed company they need to act as one. The nrl could do well to act the same way. In fact, if they were listed the board would have been sacked ... f not in some way prosecuted. The afl go into partnership ... they offer up money to projects ... and they play the game with governments ... talk to the right people, befriend and become familiar with the people they need to .... and do business well . Demetriou was the master ... I am yet to be convinced his successor is as good. Look at the gc ... state of the art facilities provided to suns as part of the commonwealth games ... titans ... bugger all provided ... working from a new centre at Parkwood as part of a golf course ... it’s a nice place but pails in comparison to what the suns have.

The nrl need to make it attractive to the government ... have it as a community asset ....reduce cost to government by putting money in... and partnership with local government who also see a benefit ...and get them to put money in. Decisions when spending millions of dollars are rarely based on what is fair or not fair. The sooner the nrl appoint someone like a demetriou the better for them.

Again, the afl could not care two hoots if anz was oval or not ... they are just jockeying for position... the government know it, the nrl and fta know it . It’s just a business move which gallop is correct .... done a little too late for my liking. AD would have been well and truely onto this way earlier. I also reckon it was the afl behind the leak too.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:36 am
Lol,Fred they just got the last two slices to fund stadia for their teams .

But that's ok with you lot .

They apparently deserve more .
And the nrlol got all the funding before that
Who built and funded their club grounds
Explain Allianz, parramatta and anz stadiums

Given the fact the afl has already chipped in more money than the nrlol has and probably the clubs has even their pathetic leagues clubs as well!

It’s hilarious the irony in your jealousy
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol what's hilarious is your lack of logic .
The most used grounds in Syd for the
Most popular sports played there are in need of a revamp or rebuild .
As I've stated ..the last two big $$$$$ spending was on the two afl grounds .

& you say before that the NRL grounds got funding ..
Lol
So when we are due for an update According to your fucked up logic We shouldn't .
When afl grounds get money spent it's fine .
Oh my
Medic
Medic

Rectangle grounds are used all year round by 3 different sports who play many many more games than you lot .
But we don't need any upgrading ..
& go back read the crowds for ANZ ..a ground you lot have abandoned .
How many afl in the top crowds .
2 ...back in early 2000s .
Youre a cretin

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:45 am
No you are behaving like a fucking dickhead in this thread. And you havent understood the AFL/Cricket side at all.

The AFL AND Cricket are well within their rights to ask if their is any funding available in the pot. It doesnt mean it will be granted.Its not sabotage, its how its businesses are supposed to be run when you are also a sporting organisation looking for money.

Just because the NRL, FFA and ARU have been universally shit at this side of things for so long, doesnt mean everyone else has to follow the same level of incompetence.
I agree Wookie, no harm in asking. In this case they won't get it.

The danger for the AFL is they will be seen as spoilers. Most people that follow the Swans would follow other teams and codes as well. If the AFL pisses these people off by ambit claims on ANZ there could be a backlash - especially when the Swans have the inevitable slide down the ladder at some point.

And some in the Sydney media are finally giving the AFL grief over this move after decades of only positive press. I suspect they will now quietly pull back and hope for a little bit of loose change at the end of the process.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And if they get loose change or an upgrade ... job well done.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:45 am
No you are behaving like a fucking dickhead in this thread. And you havent understood the AFL/Cricket side at all.

The AFL AND Cricket are well within their rights to ask if their is any funding available in the pot. It doesnt mean it will be granted.Its not sabotage, its how its businesses are supposed to be run when you are also a sporting organisation looking for money.

Just because the NRL, FFA and ARU have been universally shit at this side of things for so long, doesnt mean everyone else has to follow the same level of incompetence.
& you are failing to grasp one of the major issues
Go reread the media article
Your cult leader wants ANZ to remain as an oval
What don't you fucking understand that that is no good for the 3 rectangular sports that use it .
When you mob don't want to play there

Yet I'm acting like a dickhead apparently because I'm arguing against that & funding for already updated afl stadia .

Over to you .
I'm sure you mob would be screaming if the reverse was happening .

Hypocrites
Lol yep

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Here is the The part you clowns just bury your head in the sand about

Oh & I know it's the DT .
So if. IF its true then afl can get fucked

The Daily Telegraph has exclusively obtained a letter from Victorian-based AFL supremo Gillon McLachlan to NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, where he pushes a claim for ANZ to be maintained as an oval-shaped venue in the looming $1.6 billion stadiums allocation.

The brazen bid comes despite the AFL and the Sydney Swans virtually abandoning the Olympic Stadium over the past 12 months as the game struggles to fill neighbouring Spotless Stadium, even for elimination finals matches.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So this leaked letter .... you believe that??? Don’t get me wrong ... I think it is likely legit .... yet you questioned leaked sources used from the same publication didn’t you? How you know it wasn’t just made up to stir shit?
Veni, vidi, vici