AFL over ..RL still going..Sokkah starting .

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: AFL over ..RL still going..Sokkah starting .

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
What a load of shit
Who are these people
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Vlad Tepes
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Sydney FC
Been liked: 0

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Beaussie wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:02 am
Soccer’s so called Big Blue last night between Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC attracted 24k last night in Melbourne. Long gone are the days this match up was considered a blockbuster with big crowds that’s for sure. Wonder what the tv ratings were?
Good days when 24k isn't considered a big crowd for club football in Australia. Melbourne Victory also went in with an understrength team + there's a bit of staleness in the HAL at the moment with still only 10 teams. Need expansion to reinvigorate these kind of fixtures again.
Newcastle vs Mariners very impressive, got over 12k for the best F3 derby in years. If Newcastle have a decent season they'll get great crowds after averaging over 10k for most of their last 7 seasons with incredibly poor on-field product.

Thinks we'll see more improvement in TV audiences and a slight improvement in crowds this season, but FFA is holding football back in this country. Game needs to expand to 12 teams, if that happens in 2 years time the game will be due for a massive bump and will also benefit with the new Parramatta stadium.

Now if you'll excuse, I best be going because I've got football on today, followed by a great Australian dish post-game known as Cevapi washed down with Czech beers.

Yours Truly,
Vlad Tepes
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:57 am
Fred wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:32 pm
We don't wish anything ... you guys wish we cared but it is you type who always bring it up. It's like you have a complex.... biggest sport in Australia will do us fine thanks.

There ya go....
Biggest sport in half a country ...

Player numbers in nsw and qld would suggest otherwise. Crowds in these states would also suggest otherwise. Gold Coast and Brisbane had a massive afl presence and growing ... geez even rl people know the games in trouble .
Gee you're an easy target Freddy Lolololololololololol - you're the gift that keeps giving. Do you ever actually think before you post Lolololololololololol.

Ok: If RL is in 'trouble' how did it smash the fumbling game in TV ratings this year, last year, every year????? Lolololololololol. Infact if the game was in trouble how could it even remotely get ratings anywhere near your God fumble let alone flog it?

Fred and fellow fumblers: This is the time of year you should really pull your collective heads in. The ratings have again spoken and RL wins.

Suck it up, take deep breaths and prepare for next years battle - god knows its going to be a massive mountain to climb Lololololololololololol.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:22 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 pm
Lol didn't take long for the jealous fumbler to appear .
It's just an extension of our multi dimensional season .
Can't blame you for getting jealous because you don't have what other sports have .
lol these threads reek of nrl jealousy.

"multi dimensional season".

because apparently our having AFL Womens, International Rules, and a draft that gets more media coverage than most sports isnt multi dimensional. The draft has been part of the AFL for 30 years, Id have thought youd be over it by now.
G'day Wook. Good luck to you if you think the womens hopeless mess, the annual flogging by the Irish bog farmers and god forbid - the draft Lolololololololol, make fumbling multi dimensional Lololololololol.

I mean the draft Lololololololololol. Normal people would rather cut their lawn with a pair of scissors or re arrange their sock drawer rather than watch that idiocy. It really shows how pathetically infected by the fumble disease you people are. Get a life please!!!!!!!!

The draft Lolololololololololololololololololololol. Plleeeeaaassssseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:57 am
Fred wrote: ↑Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:32 pm
We don't wish anything ... you guys wish we cared but it is you type who always bring it up. It's like you have a complex.... biggest sport in Australia will do us fine thanks.

There ya go....
Biggest sport in half a country ...

Player numbers in nsw and qld would suggest otherwise. Crowds in these states would also suggest otherwise. Gold Coast and Brisbane had a massive afl presence and growing ... geez even rl people know the games in trouble .
Mate AFL gets outrated by childrens programs in Sydney and shown on 7mate due to such low tv audiences. :mrgreen:

Is that really what a number one code is? AFL is also well behind soccer in player numbers in NSW too.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yep but nation wide.... afl is much larger than any other sport . You'd be hard pressed to play rl in victoria and would have to be prepared to travel ... if you're in the country areas like Gippsland or warnabal you couldn't play. Compare that to Aussie rules in nsw or qld. You can't argue that. Aussie rules had a footprint right across the nation in grassroots as does soccer, but afl also has ratings and crowd numbers soccer dreams of. Crowd numbers rl dream of actually ... even in Sydney. The nrl would love to have the footprint afl has across the nation.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Footprint
We have one internationally so we're doing fine
As for Aflol here in OZ
I've lost track of the footprints ..they seem to stop after Bunnings flag day .
Lol

🀣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

There is an extremely small presence internationally ... wouldn't call it a footprint ... although I think rl is doing better internationally than it is outside NSw and qld to be honest ... well in northern England anyway
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
the typical reply of the jealous fumbler .

Small presence ..yes compared to other sports
Compared to fumbles & bumbles it's a HUGE presence

Lol
You wouldn't call it a footprint .
With teams from 2 countries playing in our top two levels
With international teams playing tests .
With a new team started up in Canada ...with talk of more ...

Then apparently that's not a footprint.oh my
Lol your jealousy is showing .
So I'll expect the usual reply of ..well I don't really know much blah blah

🀣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:22 pm
Yep but nation wide.... afl is much larger than any other sport . You'd be hard pressed to play rl in victoria and would have to be prepared to travel ... if you're in the country areas like Gippsland or warnabal you couldn't play. Compare that to Aussie rules in nsw or qld. You can't argue that. Aussie rules had a footprint right across the nation in grassroots as does soccer, but afl also has ratings and crowd numbers soccer dreams of. Crowd numbers rl dream of actually ... even in Sydney. The nrl would love to have the footprint afl has across the nation.
Soccer blows AFL out of the ball park with participation and it is not even heavily promoted.
And AFLs tv rating are dismal in NSW.
Not only that, your two Queensland clubs are a laughing stock at the moment with the Gold Coast Suns cannibalising supporters from a struggling Brisbane lions side that is heavily is debt.

Rugby League matches get better crowds in Perth than the Giants usually get in Sydney. Without the mass promotion and free kids tickets.

AFL is not even close to being number one in more than half Australia. Are plenty of places and categories other codes are still ahead.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:48 pm
Lol
I love how you assume other emotions.............. :(/

You honestly think we care about RL few internationals? There's basically only 1 other nation that is capable of taking on Australia, and as a whole they much prefer union. If you think that's worthy of jealousy your sadly mistaken :lol:
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:27 pm
There is an extremely small presence internationally ... wouldn't call it a footprint ... although I think rl is doing better internationally than it is outside NSw and qld to be honest ... well in northern England anyway
Oh Fred so what would you call it when New Zealand has been the number one Rugby League team in the world?

What would you call it when PNG have their own professional team and is the countries national sport?

I know it is hard to accept, but Rugby League is absolutely killing AFL at an international level. :mrgreen:

There is a new team in Canada now too, Toronto Wolfpack. Created by an actual born and bred Canadian.

And now plans for North America to hold the next RLWC and talks of a professional club being created in New York.

Meanwhile AFL can't even get New Zealand to like their game. :(/
Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:52 pm
Soccer blows AFL out of the ball park with participation and it is not even heavily promoted.
soccer blows every other sport out of the water right now, but just like basketball, this does not translate to popularity at local professional level
And AFLs tv rating are dismal in NSW.
The swans, with fox and FTA, are rating near 100k for home and away games in Sydney. The NRL has struggled to get above 300k in Sydney often this year. Comparatively, this doesnt look to bad for AFL, and certainly would flog soccer ratings in Sydney
Not only that, your two Queensland clubs are a laughing stock at the moment with the Gold Coast Suns cannibalising supporters from a struggling Brisbane lions side that is heavily is debt.
with both teams struggling on field for lengthy periods of time thats no surprise. Once they see success we'll be better equipped to judge. However, the AFL ratings in Brisbane are pretty decent when compared to Perth given they have similar populations
Rugby League matches get better crowds in Perth than the Giants usually get in Sydney. Without the mass promotion and free kids tickets.
The giants are Sydney's second team. Add the giants and swans crowds together and they get around 45k per home game compared to 15-20k for NRL in perth. To even think about comparing them is idiotic

AFL is not even close to being number one in more than half Australia. Are plenty of places and categories other codes are still ahead.
[/quote]the AFL is stronger in it's homeland, and stronger on non-homeland compared to all other codes. Even if it is not number 1 in every state, on balance, It IS NO.1, no doubt about it
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:01 pm
Fred wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:27 pm
Oh Fred so what would you call it when New Zealand has been the number one Rugby League team in the world?

What would you call it when PNG have their own professional team and is the countries national sport?

I know it is hard to accept, but Rugby League is absolutely killing AFL at an international level. :mrgreen:

New team in Canadanow too, Toronto Wolfpack. Created by an actual born and bred Canadian.

And now plans for North America to hold the next RLWC and talks of a professional club being created in New York.

Meanwhile AFL can't even get New Zealand to like their game. :(/
RL is certainly stronger internationally, but it's far weaker nationally. I know which I'd prefer given I live here, not over there
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:48 pm
Lol

Small presence ..yes compared to other sports
Compared to fumbles & bumbles it's a HUGE presence

Lol
You wouldn't call it a footprint .
With teams from 2 countries playing in our top two levels
With international teams playing tests .
With a new team started up in Canada ...with talk of more ...

Then apparently that's not a footprint.oh my
Lol your jealousy is showing .
So I'll expect the usual reply of ..well I don't really know much blah blah
Listen, I don't really care to be honest yet here I am commenting. Anyway, that aside, just do you know... rl shits all over Australian rules re: international presence. Australian rules basically has no real international presence at any decent level. I know that... you know that... shit we all really know that. But let's not pretend rl is massive internationally either... it's not. But compared to Australian rules ... any international presence at any decent level is huge.... but it's not really huge in real terms. If it were it would not need the questionable eligibility rules for the rlwc. In saying that I like the rules... it is a step in the right direction... it acknowledges the lack of a major international presence and has rules that reflect this so as to broaden the competition and actually lead to increased interest which, if suvcessful, will see such rules become obsolete.

Australian rules domestically however is by far the biggest sporting code in Australia by a long shot. Grassroots there are clubs and participation across thr nation. It rates highly. It gets crowds consistently that are large ... even in Sydney and Brisbane and Gold Coast where the suns got more people to their games than the local nrl team (as you know). Afl is expanding into non heartland areas ... nrl could only dream of this growth in non heartland areas.

Anyway ... argue away :). Pull a comment or two from the post and focus on that... but the reality is Australian rules and afl is the biggest sport in Australia ... you know it, I know it ... and you all know it.
Veni, vidi, vici