AFL trumps NRLOL in everything

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: AFL trumps NRLOL in everything

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:13 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:41 am

The fact we have only 24m is a big disadvantage. We are isolated by sea and distance. Even the USA with their huge influence internationally struggle to expand gridiron. How the hell would AFL ever expand if the US struggle?
Ignoring the fact Canada also has a professional competition. Mexico, Germany , Japan, as well as a couple of other countries also have semi professional competitions. The United States population of well over 300m and being probably the richest country on earth make expansion totally unnecessary. They have got little opposition from rival codes for Tv contacts or sponsorship. On top of that they have a player pool of millions to chose from.

You fumblers are completely different. Your not even the most popular code in this country. Limited sponsorship and expansion opportunities and a very limited player pool. All of which are only going to get smaller. :wink:
the only professional expansion is Canada, and theyre on the same land mass and even have the same accent. They are heavily influenced by American culture.

As for being rich enough to not need expansion, that is irrelevant to the success of expansion. The sport is either attractive enough to other countries for them to adopt it in preference to their own preferred sports, or it isnt. In the case of gridiron it has done stuff all expansion despite its huge popularity in the USA, and the USA's influence internationally.

Most people from other countries couldnt tell you anything about Australian culture let alone what sports we play and what they are like. What have we ever exported internationally?
No its not irrelevant. There nothing more important than money , like or not. If your only a small blip on the map in the Southern states of Australia than your opportunities are limited. And there only going to get smaller and smaller as the other codes grow. But its not all bad news you'll be able to get a park on the hill - take a rug, you'll be able to have a picnic as well. :wink:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:08 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:40 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 am

He has a point. Everyone here has experienced your semantical obsessions, even when the point raised is perfectly reasonable. Youre at least as big a factor as he is
:(/ :(/ :(/ you call it semantical obsessions
You would
You are one of the fumblers who seems to have an awful lot of trouble posting truthful or factual claims .
It's not that hard .
Yet you mob clearly state things that are bullshit
I call you out on them & suddenly you say semantics or you meant something else
Lol
How hard is it to post what you mean ..

Very VERY ..if you came through the vicderpian education system
I couldnt count the number of times people have posted on here and either made an inconsequential error, which theyve then corrected, or simply termed it wrong, and all you do is ignore the valid point and focus on the meaningless mistake. This is even after they've corrected the errors in their point. You're truly are pathetic.

You also bang on about victorian education like a moron. Do you really want me to point out the mistakes I see throwball fans make? Man, pussycat can't tell the difference between there, they're and their FFS. I could post a million laughable posts from LU, all from NSW and QLD residents.

Their latest claims are that the AFL have infiltrated OZTAM who are producing corrupt ratings to favour the AFL games. Is this the crap they teach in the NSW education system?
Well why do you post bullshit .if that's not what you meant
Let's looks at your post from the other day to make a point about ratings you clearly stated
The NRL HAS FEW IF ANY AFTERNOON GAMES .
I showed how wrong that was
You then ummm but but
I meant some thing else .
No you didn't
You posted an out & out lie .

So what do you do when caught ..
Semantics
Semantics

Once again
How fucking hard is it to post what you mean ..

Or are you just plain fucking stupid .

If you're trying to make a point that the AFl has more afternoon games than the. NRl has ..then what is so hard about posting that .
That's all you had to say
Instead of lying about the NRL .
:)))
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:40 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:40 pm

:(/ :(/ :(/ you call it semantical obsessions
You would
You are one of the fumblers who seems to have an awful lot of trouble posting truthful or factual claims .
It's not that hard .
Yet you mob clearly state things that are bullshit
I call you out on them & suddenly you say semantics or you meant something else
Lol
How hard is it to post what you mean ..

Very VERY ..if you came through the vicderpian education system
I couldnt count the number of times people have posted on here and either made an inconsequential error, which theyve then corrected, or simply termed it wrong, and all you do is ignore the valid point and focus on the meaningless mistake. This is even after they've corrected the errors in their point. You're truly are pathetic.

You also bang on about victorian education like a moron. Do you really want me to point out the mistakes I see throwball fans make? Man, pussycat can't tell the difference between there, they're and their FFS. I could post a million laughable posts from LU, all from NSW and QLD residents.

Their latest claims are that the AFL have infiltrated OZTAM who are producing corrupt ratings to favour the AFL games. Is this the crap they teach in the NSW education system?
Let's looks at your post from the other day to make a point about ratings you clearly stated
You then ummm but but
No you didn't

Semantics
Semantics

Once again

If you're trying to make a point that the AFl has more afternoon games than the. NRl has ..then what is so hard about posting that .
Even wookie agreed after 5pm was evening, so your 4pm games are late arvo to early evening. Usually we have 3 games starting prior to 2.30pm per round. How hard is that to understand??
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:36 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:13 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Ignoring the fact Canada also has a professional competition. Mexico, Germany , Japan, as well as a couple of other countries also have semi professional competitions. The United States population of well over 300m and being probably the richest country on earth make expansion totally unnecessary. They have got little opposition from rival codes for Tv contacts or sponsorship. On top of that they have a player pool of millions to chose from.

You fumblers are completely different. Your not even the most popular code in this country. Limited sponsorship and expansion opportunities and a very limited player pool. All of which are only going to get smaller. :wink:
the only professional expansion is Canada, and theyre on the same land mass and even have the same accent. They are heavily influenced by American culture.

As for being rich enough to not need expansion, that is irrelevant to the success of expansion. The sport is either attractive enough to other countries for them to adopt it in preference to their own preferred sports, or it isnt. In the case of gridiron it has done stuff all expansion despite its huge popularity in the USA, and the USA's influence internationally.

Most people from other countries couldnt tell you anything about Australian culture let alone what sports we play and what they are like. What have we ever exported internationally?
No its not irrelevant. There nothing more important than money , like or not. If your only a small blip on the map in the Southern states of Australia than your opportunities are limited. And there only going to get smaller and smaller as the other codes grow. But its not all bad news you'll be able to get a park on the hill - take a rug, you'll be able to have a picnic as well. :wink:
I think we are arguing different points. I'm explaining why the AFL hasnt expanded beyond Australia, and money has little to do with it
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

So your still living in a fantasy world. Once the other codes start grabbing a greater share of the TV money and sponsorship how will you pay your expenses then? I suppose you'll just put your head back in the sand and pretend every things rosey.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:55 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:40 pm

You then ummm but but
No you didn't

Semantics
Semantics

Once again

Even wookie agreed after 5pm was evening, so your 4pm games are late arvo to early evening. Usually we have 3 games starting prior to 2.30pm per round. How hard is that to understand??
To clarify the silly little games around the 'evening':

"The evening, meaning the end of the day, doesn't have a fixed time. It is defined as that period between late afternoon and night; for some that means the period of dusk, or twilight, from sundown to darkness or near-darkness.
What time does evening start - Answers.com
www.answers.com/Q/What_time_does_evening_start"

So as far as a footy season goes the evening means different times depending on what part of the season it is. In March it means it is as late as 7.30pm. In the middle of winter it is about 5pm. By September it goes back out to 6pm.

Hope that helps.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:14 pm
So your still living in a fantasy world. Once the other codes start grabbing a greater share of the TV money and sponsorship how will you pay your expenses then? I suppose you'll just put your head back in the sand and pretend every things rosey.
Again, this is a completely different argument to international expansion.

Who exactly is going to start grabbing more of the AFL's sponsorship and TV money? :hmm: