The AFLs fantastic crowds - a state by state analysis

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The AFLs fantastic crowds - a state by state analysis

Post by pussycat »

What were last nights crowds?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

All AFL games are crap! Some just more than others.

Is the MCG half full for a semi often?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:46 am
All AFL games are crap! Some just more than others.

Is the MCG half full for a semi often?
what's this 'half full' BS?

Geelong v an interstate team drew a far bigger crowd than any NRL final so far this year
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Nlol, I asked you to tell me exactly what claims you would like evidence for. Now get off that stool, hop to it and put ur boxing dukes up again me boy! I wanna give you more of a thrashing!!

:lol:

And on another note, that was a relatively small crowd for afl semi finals ...were there any large arts or other sporting events on in melbourne town?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:07 pm
Nlol, I asked you to tell me exactly what claims you would like evidence for. Now get off that stool, hop to it and put ur boxing dukes up again me boy! I wanna give you more of a thrashing!!

And on another note, that was a relatively small crowd for afl semi finals ...were there any large arts or other sporting events on in melbourne town?
how about all the claims you make in the original post for starters. Theyre all opinions with nothing supporting your claims. Off you go
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: really? You're not aware that economically, population wise, infrastructure is not greater in Sydney than Perth and Adelaide?

You didn't know that melbs has many many more grey days and that there is strong psychological research proving that weather affects mood?

You didn't know that there's a mass of Melb Adelaide and Perth expats who live in Sydney and go to the afl?

My god, you're dumber than I thought!! :lol:

This is common knowledge and my analysis is fair and worthy. You need to provide a better counter argument rather than ur whingey lie that Perth has more surf beaches and suggestion that Sydney has no more fun things to do than Perth or Adelaide. I mean seriously, read the rubbish you post and improve ur arguments.

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:37 pm
You're not aware that economically, population wise, infrastructure is not greater in Sydney than Perth and Adelaide?
and Melbourne is greater than Brisbane :roll:
You didn't know that melbs has many many more grey days and that there is strong psychological research proving that weather affects mood?
and perth and Adelaide would rival Sydney :roll:
You didn't know that there's a mass of Melb Adelaide and Perth expats who live in Sydney and go to the afl?
and there's heaps of NSW and QLD expats living in Melbourne and perth who go to.....oh wait :lol:
This is common knowledge and my analysis is fair and worthy. You need to provide a better counter argument rather than ur whingey lie that Perth has more surf beaches and suggestion that Sydney has no more fun things to do than Perth or Adelaide. I mean seriously, read the rubbish you post and improve ur arguments.
Prove to me there's more to do in Sydney than Melbourne
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Did I ever say Melbourne is smaller than Brisbane?
Did I ever say Perth and Adelaide have more grey days than Sydney?

You're a clown just making shit up. A waste of time, too self involved to read and comprehend.

And FYI Sydney has more national parks surrounding it than Melb (look at google maps) Sydney has better weather than Melbourne (look at bureau of meteorology data) Sydney has better and more beaches than Melbourne (look at Google maps and Hurley surf website)
And lastly :lol: enjoy this Syd vs Melb comparison link. It's a very objective analysis with Ol melbs winning many but on the all important, as you exactly asked for "things to do" question?
Sydney scores 9/10
Melbourne scores 6/10
https://www.experienceoz.com.au/en/sydney-vs-melbourne

:(/ :rofl: :(/

Man I am giving you a schooling for the ages. You're welcome to leave my thread now nlol, you've disgraced urself enough!

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:15 pm
Did I ever say Melbourne is smaller than Brisbane? Did I ever say Perth and Adelaide have more grey days than Sydney?
no, but you deliberately made comparisons that suit your argument. I just showed you that 2 can play at that game. :\:
And FYI Sydney has more national parks surrounding it than Melb (look at google maps)
Doesnt make them better
Sydney has better weather than Melbourne (look at bureau of meteorology data)
but not Perth and Adelaide, which are part of your argument youre ignoring
Sydney has better and more beaches than Melbourne (look at Google maps and Hurley surf website)
more yes, better? I doubt it
And lastly :lol: enjoy this Syd vs Melb comparison link. It's a very objective analysis with Ol melbs winning many but on the all important, as you exactly asked for "things to do" question?
Sydney scores 9/10
Melbourne scores 6/10
https://www.experienceoz.com.au/en/sydney-vs-melbourne
Hmmm, I raise you: http://www.news.com.au/travel/australia ... 234bed646b
So which city claimed the number one title? Victoria can start feeling smug with Melbourne retaining its top position as the most popular city for a holiday at home. Just over 4.2 million people said they’d like to visit in the next two years — an increase of 33 per cent over the last decade.
“Melbourne’s continued ascendance is testament to the city’s cross-generational appeal. With its blockbuster sporting events and art exhibitions; sensational shopping, dining and night-life; and countless daytrip possibilities, Melbourne does indeed have something for everyone,” says Norman Morris, Industry Communications Director, Roy Morgan Research
:)))
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: you're claiming Perth and Adelaide weather are "part of my argument"

:lol: again this just shows ur incapable of reading and comprehension.

Melb has better surf beaches than Sydney!!! It sits in a fuckin massive protected bay you thick nutter!

And you provided a link about which city is better "when it comes to taking a holiday". Again ur a bit off the mark bro. You asked for which city has more "things to do" :lol: and you even claimed ur one pathetic link was you 'raising me' :lol: #-o have you ever played cards?

I'm afraid nlol you are not worthy.

Neeexxxxxtt ! :(/

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Living in qld I am always surprised the amount of people who say they love Melbourne and visit regularly. In saying that I think each city in Australia has something to offer. Each has their drawbacks to. Melbourne has the European culture ... is known as the sports capital of Australia, food capital re dinning out, and it's where most of the big shows start out. It can get damn cold at times and rains in winter (surprise) but has less yearly rainfall than Sydney I believe. For a show, dinner, bars, class and culture Melbourne is the city. Not to forget the wine regions just out of town in any direction by car and you have yourself a great experience.

Sydney has a great harbour, the opera house and bridge are Amazing and have the best yum Cha in Australia in China town. Beaches are good but crowded and house prices are restrictive. City itself is a whole with little structure or vibe and getting around the place is a nightmare.

Brisbane .... hmmmmmm they're catching up. Trying to be Melbourne but charge Sydney prices lol. Food and coffee and dinning precincts getting better. Coffee on Gold Coast had improved considerably ... An hour away but.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

:lol: you're claiming Perth and Adelaide weather are "part of my argument"

:lol: again this just shows ur incapable of reading and comprehension.
your argument has partly been about weather, but ignores the fact Adelaide and Perth are quite nice in the winter
Melb has better surf beaches than Sydney!!! It sits in a fuckin massive protected bay you thick nutter!
which is another great attraction for Melbourne. Excellent fishing, water sports and some of the best diving in Australia. However, as far as beaches go our excellent road system means famous beaches like Bells and Woolamai are not much over an hour's drive away. In fact theyre rated in the top 10 surf beaches in Australia. Perth have 3 of the others http://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/291 ... -australia
And you provided a link about which city is better "when it comes to taking a holiday". Again ur a bit off the mark bro. You asked for which city has more "things to do" :lol: and you even claimed ur one pathetic link was you 'raising me' :lol: #-o have you ever played cards?
INCORRECT! The article said "Melbourne retaining its top position as the most popular city for a holiday at home." This means Melbournites believe they have so much to do in Melbourne they are happy to holiday here. Isn't that totally contrary to your claims?

Next........ :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

^^^ wow! I think he's broken :lol:

First he says melb has better beaches - finds out he's completely wrong and says melb has good roads to get to beaches over an hour away. #-o

Says it all really. All his other arguments are utter bullshit too.

A massive fail nlol.

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Living in qld I am always surprised the amount of people who say they love Melbourne and visit regularly. In saying that I think each city in Australia has something to offer. Each has their drawbacks to. Melbourne has the European culture ... is known as the sports capital of Australia, food capital re dinning out, and it's where most of the big shows start out. It can get damn cold at times and rains in winter (surprise) but has less yearly rainfall than Sydney I believe. For a show, dinner, bars, class and culture Melbourne is the city. Not to forget the wine regions just out of town in any direction by car and you have yourself a great experience.

Sydney has a great harbour, the opera house and bridge are Amazing and have the best yum Cha in Australia in China town. Beaches are good but crowded and house prices are restrictive. City itself is a whole with little structure or vibe and getting around the place is a nightmare.

Brisbane .... hmmmmmm they're catching up. Trying to be Melbourne but charge Sydney prices lol. Food and coffee and dinning precincts getting better. Coffee on Gold Coast had improved considerably ... An hour away but.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thanks Fred, that was just lovely. :lol:

Alright, I'll get in there first and admit this thread is pretty much done now. Moines been able to provide any credible argument against my analysis. Nlols come in and provided irrelevant dribble not addressing the specific state by state analysis and making shit up ashegoes. Fred has provided a lovely personal story that is prob better suited to in a woman's day or travel magazine than in the thread to be honest.

So with the thread dwindling as it is and no one able to credibly address my arguments I'd like to announce a clear and easy victory to moi. I'm not that proud because there was no competition but all the same I'd suggest that Wookie, it's time to ....looock this one up! :lol: it's going nowhere :lol: so please lock it up Wookie.

Thanks in adVance, KE :)

xman wrote: