The AFLs fantastic crowds - a state by state analysis

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

The AFLs fantastic crowds - a state by state analysis

Post by King-Eliagh »

Howdy folks! :) Well there's a real buzz around crowds of late. The afl is continuing to have great attendance at matches while the NRLs crowds are slightly below par and should be better. It's sending our afl members into a real tizzy and I feel, for the sake of a clearer perspective, these forums really require a sociocultural evidence based analysis explaining reasons behind the afls fantastic attendances. ;)

I think providing such clarity on the matter will help everyone understand and lessen the amount of trolling/off topic posters, so please, don't hesitate to give me a big thanks for my research below! :thumbleft:

west and south Australia - Perth and Adelaide

I had to put Perth and Adelaide together because, well, to be brutally honest they're shitholes. I mean this in the kindest possible way but comparatively speaking when you do ur research they're not equal to the eastern cities in terms of population, education standards, economy, infrastructure and importantly entertainment options. There is just shit all to do in these so called cities. Actually they prob don't even deserve city status as they're more like big regional towns. And what do people in big regional towns all get into on the weekend? You guessed it, FOOTY! And why? Yep you guessed it again, because because footy's great and there's jack shit all else to do! Now NRL fans we all should acknowledge the afl should be commended for putting teams in these cities, just imagine the weekend crime rates if there was no footy on on the weekends in these fairly bland big regional towns?

victoria - Melbourne

Ahhh Melbs, where it all began, afl heartland! The so called 'cultural city'. This is a city where research tells us the populace essentially has two core interests 'the arts' or 'sport'. And there's a significant polarisation there I.e you're either into one or the other. Also The evidence tells us weather in this city is for want of a better word 'European' :lol: actually let's just call it how it is, dead set shithouse. It's cold and grey which psychological research tells us leads to depressed moods. There's a real human need to get out and do something to lift these moods and what better way over the past 100 years to do it than to get out and watch marngrook! Jolly good but we must commend rugby league here for putting the much hated cheating Melbourne storm in to give the poor melbournites a code of footy where the athletes are stronger, faster, more powerful and tougher.

nsw - Sydney

Sydney is Australia's undisputed leading city. There's heaps to do and see, the climate is exquisite and the local surrounds are beautiful. There's sports arts nature entertainment you name it it's in this city! The afl saw how amaze balls Sydney is some decades back now and, with the swans they've had one lonely old team in a city of four million plus for decades! It's been a godsend for sydneys minority of melb Perth and Adelaide expats who have taken to attending the games along with some of Sydney's poncy Chardonnay sipping 'rugby league is too rough for me' wankers. The type that don't even watch the game when they're there and believe you me folks, I've been to some swabs games and you can really see it! Image

A good move by the afl to tap into a city of four millions minority and soft cock market :thumbleft:

qld - Brisbane

Basically Brisbane is a smaller, more humid and sweaty version of Sydney so please refer to the above Sydney analysis
:)

So in sum, sociocultural research tells us the reasons afl has good crowds can be very well explained for the following reasons

1. It's been established in cities where there's jack shit all else to do
2. It's been established in a city which is cold and miserable and the 'fans' are getting into it for good reason, to lift their mood and because they are not into the arts
3. It's been established in a massive city where a minority of expats and poncy Chardonnay sippers can revel in their uniqueness in not following the more superior athletes in rugby league.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The AFLs fantastic crowds - a state by state analysis

Post by NlolRL »

1. what can you do in Sydney that you cant in Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth?
2. earlier this season the NRL crowds were down significantly, and NRL fans were quick to blame poor weather. So which is it? Does poor weather promote crowds or negatively impact them?
3. Melbourne is also a massive city with many NSW and QLD expats. Why dont the storm get similar crowds to the swans?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

1. As I said Sydney has way more on offer entertainment wise than melb Perth and Adelaide. More international acts, more beautiful surf beaches, more accessible national parks, just more everything I'm afraid and this can't be disputed.

2. Sydney siders are used to better weather than Melba so when it's not great we are happy to stay indoors. Plus the NRL compared to afl is a much more tv friendly code, linear more compact, you can see and follow much more of the NRL action on tv than afl. In comparison NRL is made for tv

3. As is detailed in latter sentences of above and there's likely many less expats moving from the exquisite popular Sydney in Melbs than vice Versa

;)

It's all quite reasibably explained my dear nlol. But thanks for your questions bro :)

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 pm

1. As I said Sydney has way more on offer entertainment wise than melb Perth and Adelaide. More international acts, more beautiful surf beaches, more accessible national parks, just more everything I'm afraid and this can't be disputed.

2. Sydney siders are used to better weather than Melba so when it's not great we are happy to stay indoors. Plus the NRL compared to afl is a much more tv friendly code, linear more compact, you can see and follow much more of the NRL action on tv than afl. In comparison NRL is made for tv

3. As is detailed in latter sentences of above and there's likely many less expats moving from the exquisite popular Sydney in Melbs than vice Versa

;)

It's all quite reasibably explained my dear nlol. But thanks for your questions bro :)
1. Perth kills Sydney for surf beaches. Melbourne is equal or better for national parks, and entertainment.
2. I agree NRL is a better TV sport than live when compared to the AFL. Funny thing is the AFL is leading both. Excuses about whether dont wash in Perth though
3. I highly doubt it Predictions show Melbourne's population will eventually overtake Sydney
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

1. All lies, you wanna provide evidence to back up them claims? Or shall I? :lol:

2. I can pay the afl if they are winning tv ratings but that's a big if.

3. You haven't addressed the made for tv nature of NRL at all here.

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I was wondering who was going to bite to this ....
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: nlols had a nibble and struggling to chomp it all down! But state by state its a pretty fair analysis don't ya think freddo?

xman wrote:
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:02 pm
Howdy folks! :) Well there's a real buzz around crowds of late. The afl is continuing to have great attendance at matches while the NRLs crowds are slightly below par and should be better. It's sending our afl members into a real tizzy and I feel, for the sake of a clearer perspective, these forums really require a sociocultural evidence based analysis explaining reasons behind the afls fantastic attendances. ;)

I think providing such clarity on the matter will help everyone understand and lessen the amount of trolling/off topic posters, so please, don't hesitate to give me a big thanks for my research below! :thumbleft:

west and south Australia - Perth and Adelaide

I had to put Perth and Adelaide together because, well, to be brutally honest they're shitholes. I mean this in the kindest possible way but comparatively speaking when you do ur research they're not equal to the eastern cities in terms of population, education standards, economy, infrastructure and importantly entertainment options. There is just shit all to do in these so called cities. Actually they prob don't even deserve city status as they're more like big regional towns. And what do people in big regional towns all get into on the weekend? You guessed it, FOOTY! And why? Yep you guessed it again, because because footy's great and there's jack shit all else to do! Now NRL fans we all should acknowledge the afl should be commended for putting teams in these cities, just imagine the weekend crime rates if there was no footy on on the weekends in these fairly bland big regional towns?

victoria - Melbourne

Ahhh Melbs, where it all began, afl heartland! The so called 'cultural city'. This is a city where research tells us the populace essentially has two core interests 'the arts' or 'sport'. And there's a significant polarisation there I.e you're either into one or the other. Also The evidence tells us weather in this city is for want of a better word 'European' :lol: actually let's just call it how it is, dead set shithouse. It's cold and grey which psychological research tells us leads to depressed moods. There's a real human need to get out and do something to lift these moods and what better way over the past 100 years to do it than to get out and watch marngrook! Jolly good but we must commend rugby league here for putting the much hated cheating Melbourne storm in to give the poor melbournites a code of footy where the athletes are stronger, faster, more powerful and tougher.

nsw - Sydney

Sydney is Australia's undisputed leading city. There's heaps to do and see, the climate is exquisite and the local surrounds are beautiful. There's sports arts nature entertainment you name it it's in this city! The afl saw how amaze balls Sydney is some decades back now and, with the swans they've had one lonely old team in a city of four million plus for decades! It's been a godsend for sydneys minority of melb Perth and Adelaide expats who have taken to attending the games along with some of Sydney's poncy Chardonnay sipping 'rugby league is too rough for me' wankers. The type that don't even watch the game when they're there and believe you me folks, I've been to some swabs games and you can really see it! Image

A good move by the afl to tap into a city of four millions minority and soft cock market :thumbleft:

qld - Brisbane

Basically Brisbane is a smaller, more humid and sweaty version of Sydney so please refer to the above Sydney analysis
:)

So in sum, sociocultural research tells us the reasons afl has good crowds can be very well explained for the following reasons

1. It's been established in cities where there's jack shit all else to do
2. It's been established in a city which is cold and miserable and the 'fans' are getting into it for good reason, to lift their mood and because they are not into the arts
3. It's been established in a massive city where a minority of expats and poncy Chardonnay sippers can revel in their uniqueness in not following the more superior athletes in rugby league.
Lol NFI as usual
How does it feel when your shit hole of a city gets over taken by Adelaide as a more Liveable city

Second of all WA props up something like 1/3 of the Australian budget! Helping to keep the utter failures from NSW to look better & also to keep the welfare program running to keep dweebs like you alive
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

'The most liveable city' :lol: a tag made up to make australias shit hole cities appear ....liveable! :(/

Less international acts, less jobs, lower pay for equivalent jobs, less entertainment, less people, less public transport and other vital infrastructure. More isolated :lol:

Adelaide lic? :lol:
Perth lic? :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:00 pm
:lol: nlols had a nibble and struggling to chomp it all down! But state by state its a pretty fair analysis don't ya think freddo?

you made some very bold claims. I then made some counter claims to which you then asked for proof. That was it for me. You're the one who made claims to begin with so it's up to you to prove them
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:48 pm

you made some very bold claims. I then made some counter claims to which you then asked for proof. That was it for me. You're the one who made claims to begin with so it's up to you to prove them
:lol: you made the counter claims :lol: and you now saying it's up to me to prove em??? :lol:

Sounds like ur confused nlol me boy :lol: or are you throwing the towel into the ring?

I'm happy to prove you wrong but ur kinda tripping on ur laces and I don't like putting the boot in when you seem down and out :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:48 pm

:lol: you made the counter claims :lol: and you now saying it's up to me to prove em??? :lol:

Sounds like ur confused nlol me boy :lol: or are you throwing the towel into the ring?

I'm happy to prove you wrong but ur kinda tripping on ur laces and I don't like putting the boot in when you seem down and out :lol:
are you seriously THAT stupid? You made the original claims without proof, then asked me for proof of my claims. :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

So exactly which claims are you struggling to swallow me boy? Common now, spit it out :lol:

xman wrote:
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Typical nrlol fan logic make a claim, some one else disputes it then the nrlol fan demands evidence
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:23 am
Typical nrlol fan logic make a claim, some one else disputes it then the nrlol fan demands evidence
Words can not do justice to the derp in this post .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o