NRL VS AFL competition - finals 2017

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: NRL VS AFL competition - finals 2017

Post by NlolRL »

the favourites lost. Hardly a recipe for a lopsided comp
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

Look at the scoreboard nlol

I really wish I watched the port final. The rest of the games were over by three quarter time. Or much earlier :shock: Lopsided pieces of shit is what they were. Avg winning margin would have ended up around 8-9 goal shalackiNgs!!!

Dems just the facts nlol. I know it's prob a bit hard for you to consume this truth, but you must nlol, you must!

:\: :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Look at the scoreboard nlol

I really wish I watched the port final. The rest of the games were over by three quarter time. Or much earlier :shock: Lopsided pieces of shit is what they were. Avg winning margin would have ended up around 8-9 goal shalackiNgs!!!

Dems just the facts nlol. I know it's prob a bit hard for you to consume this truth, but you must nlol, you must!

:\: :lol:
if you think the games were shit why did you watch them? Given the ratings have been excellent I think your opinion means little
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Was massively disappointed with the afl grand final ... the umpiring I found to be very ordinary and favouring the crows. Not great at all and ruined what could have and should have been a good game. That's two years running. Time to play the grand final in the home town of who ever finishes on top. Had to be a crowd factor in their influencing the umpires.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I watched em for the same reason everyone else did nlol. I watched because I was keen on seeing a footy 'match'. But alls I ended up seeing were lopsided pieces of dog shits. :rofl:

It was awful stuff. More than likely the most lopsided finals series in the history of world sports. :wink:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh nlol! :shock: :shock: :shock: I now totally get why you can't accept the truth of the matter. I just noticed ur favourite team is the Melbourne demons!!! :(/

It all makes sense now! :D: you've been supporting a team that's been getting the shit kicked out of em for years now! :rofl: so ur used to and have prob become quite accepting of consuming lopsided pieces of dogshit every weekend! :rofl:

And on top of that ur team has been proven to tank the shit out of matches towards the second half of the season! :(/ :(/ :(/

Look nlol, just please take it from me, finals footy should be tight even hard fought out contests not the lopsided pieces of dogshit you've been consuming on footy weekends for years

:(/

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:16 pm
Oh nlol! :shock: :shock: :shock: I now totally get why you can't accept the truth of the matter. I just noticed ur favourite team is the Melbourne demons!!! :(/

It all makes sense now! :D: you've been supporting a team that's been getting the shit kicked out of em for years now! :rofl: so ur used to and have prob become quite accepting of consuming lopsided pieces of dogshit every weekend! :rofl:

And on top of that ur team has been proven to tank the shit out of matches towards the second half of the season! :(/ :(/ :(/

Look nlol, just please take it from me, finals footy should be tight even hard fought out contests not the lopsided pieces of dogshit you've been consuming on footy weekends for years

here's you problem, you think a close game is the only measure of a good game. Way over simplistic, but that's what we've come to expect from you.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:03 am

here's you problem, you think a close game is the only measure of a good game. Way over simplistic, but that's what we've come to expect from you.
Come on, people(particularly at this time of year) want see a hard fought match were both sides are a chance of winning. Not a lopsided bore-athon with only one side a chance of winning.

Where has all that money the AFL spent on equalization gone???????????????
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Have to agree with many points in this article

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmo ... 3c1fc46394

I have always thought by having too even a Comp probably points to poor quality of the comp... rather than all teams riding it is more about low common denominator. This can result in poor finals as most teams have a chance and if they get there the difference between two sides can be determined by minor elements so a good run at the end of the year can see a team win the premiership.

Don't get me wrong ... I don't think a blow out means a poor game ... it can but found some of the blow outs good games to watch ... but I do think there are issues where the best side doesn't win the premiership. A best of three? A celebration of the actual team that finishes top... which is the mark of the best team etc. I have my own bias as I have never seen the finals as a good way to determine the best side for the year but that is just my view.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:03 am

Come on, people(particularly at this time of year) want see a hard fought match were both sides are a chance of winning. Not a lopsided bore-athon with only one side a chance of winning.

Where has all that money the AFL spent on equalization gone???????????????
Adelaide were the best team all year and went into the game as favourites. The fact they played poorly in the GF has nothing to do with equalisation. If you want to talk equalisation our comp finished the home and away season far more even than the NRL's did this year
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

You can still buy an NRL GF ticket for a game only hours away for as little as $130.

Laughable!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 pm
You can still buy an NRL GF ticket for a game only hours away for as little as $130.

Laughable!
:(/ desperate! Absolutely desperate to avoid the thread topic! :lol:

Laughable...it was. Now I'm just sad for you nlol

I'll put the official stats up tmw after NRL grand tonight. We all know the afl average points difference was close to 50points over all eight games. I haven't done the NRL but will provide the official competition comparisons tmw some time :(/ stay tuned folks!!

:\:

Oh yeah and nlol? Of course I can enjoy a game that isn't super close. When my eels are thrashing teams I'm quite happy to enjoy the skills they show. I can appreciate this when two teams I don't barrack for re playing too but I do prefer a close game. Tho when it comes to finals footy and the theme of this thread, I expect nothing less than a tough competition to occur the majority of the time. To see the afl 2017 finals have only 1 close game out of eight is a disgrace. To know that the avg winning margin of the other 7 games was about 50 points is nothing short of abysmal.

I'm serious when I say the 2017 afl finals may well be the most lopsided finals in the history of professional sport. It's laughable! :(/ :rofl: :(/

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

The thread topic is the finals
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:34 pm
:lol: umm :hmm: can you read? There's a word called competition in there too ;)

Also please go back and re read my opening post and don't you ever question me like that again! :****:

Oh nlol :lol: you've only been semi right once in this thread, and that was back when you said the afl 2017 finals were "ho-hum". Other than that you've had an absolute shocker in here, al Ost as bad as the 2017 afl finals for crying out loud :lol:

Nlol, pickup yer game bro :wink:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:45 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:34 pm
:lol: umm :hmm: can you read? There's a word called competition in there too ;)

Also please go back and re read my opening post and don't you ever question me like that again! :****:

Oh nlol :lol: you've only been semi right once in this thread, and that was back when you said the afl 2017 finals were "ho-hum". Other than that you've had an absolute shocker in here, al Ost as bad as the 2017 afl finals for crying out loud :lol:

Nlol, pickup yer game bro :wink:
the thread is about the AFL and NRL competitions. If not, you've worded it poorly