NRL VS AFL competition - finals 2017

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

NRL VS AFL competition - finals 2017

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well, ladies and gents... and afl fans, week one of finals footy has just finished and although I can't say I had the time to watch any of the afl matches I think we can safely say that in terms of that thing we all come and really expect to see at finals time... In terms of actual competition between two teams the results tell us that the NRL absolutely shits all over the afl when it comes to competition.

Of course I've shown this to be true on these very forums for years and years with my threads on the tlpg inspired basket case league in the afl. But this is just another clear cut case, another real chalk and cheese moment to rub it into the hollow noggins of our afl fans just how very poor the afl competition really is.

NRL WEEK 1 FINALS results
Parra v Melb - 16-18
Cronulla v north qld - 14-15
Roosters v Broncos 24-22
Panthers v manly 22-10 (game was tied with 7minutes remaining)

AFL WEEK1 finals results
Swans v Essendon druggos - 121-56
Power v west coast 76-78
Gws v Adelaide 48-84
Richmond v Geelong 91-40

Dear o dear o me. What a boring looking week of uncompetitive lopsided finals footy in the afl. I know I didn't watch the afl games so please lemme know if any of the games other than the port power match was even close at three quarter time and I'll research your statements. But even then i very much doubt any afl game other than the port match was even close with 15mins to go. What an absolute snore fest for the fans, teams and coaches in the afl.

NRL on the other hand was fantastic! Exhilarating every single match down to the wire as professional athletes went head to head after earning a spot in a highly competitive top 8.

A massive win for the NRL competition, just massive! :D:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: NRL VS AFL competition - Week 1 finals 2017

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So did today's NRL game
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 pm
its just a pity that fuck all people are going to your matches, and less people are watching these finals of yours on tv.

Lets also glosss over the fact that the Power-Eagles game went into overtime
:shock: ... :shock: :shock:

Wow!

Ladies and gentleman... And afl fans ... please gather round and observe exhibit (a) -- The Wookie -- or in better terms, ahem, the sheer anger, the disgust, the filthy bitchin attitude that arises in a man who would've def watched all four afl games this week and, in doing so, effectively waste about 7 hours of his weekend watching one sided boring uncompetitive afl matches.

I understand and fully acknowledge your anger tonight wookie. Bless you, my poor child. There's NRL week 1 finals re runs matches on fox sports all this week. I suggest you sit down and enjoy all four NRL matches to alleviate you of the horrific uncompetitive excuse of a competition you've been watching this weekend.

Please, don't waste any time now wookie. Switch fox sports on and watch the NRL at once!!!

xman wrote:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:37 pm
Well, ladies and gents... and afl fans, week one of finals footy has just finished and although I can't say I had the time to watch any of the afl matches I think we can safely say that in terms of that thing we all come and really expect to see at finals time... In terms of actual competition between two teams the results tell us that the NRL absolutely shits all over the afl when it comes to competition.

Of course I've shown this to be true on these very forums for years and years with my threads on the tlpg inspired basket case league in the afl. But this is just another clear cut case, another real chalk and cheese moment to rub it into the hollow noggins of our afl fans just how very poor the afl competition really is.

NRL WEEK 1 FINALS results
Parra v Melb - 16-18
Cronulla v north qld - 14-15
Roosters v Broncos 24-22
Panthers v manly 22-10 (game was tied with 7minutes remaining)

AFL WEEK1 finals results
Swans v Essendon druggos - 121-56
Power v west coast 76-78
Gws v Adelaide 48-84
Richmond v Geelong 91-40

Dear o dear o me. What a boring looking week of uncompetitive lopsided finals footy in the afl. I know I didn't watch the afl games so please lemme know if any of the games other than the port power match was even close at three quarter time and I'll research your statements. But even then i very much doubt any afl game other than the port match was even close with 15mins to go. What an absolute snore fest for the fans, teams and coaches in the afl.

NRL on the other hand was fantastic! Exhilarating every single match down to the wire as professional athletes went head to head after earning a spot in a highly competitive top 8.

A massive win for the NRL competition, just massive! :D:
Nice summation. I laughed when I saw the only close fumbling game was won by some poor dill stumbling over as usual and being given a dubious penalty right in front of the post's. The commentators were going on like it was mans first walk on the moon when the fumbler actually kicked it lolololololololololololol. Easily impressed these fumblers.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yet nrl finals struggling for crowds in its heartland of Sydney and falling well behind in ratings.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 pm
its just a pity that fuck all people are going to your matches, and less people are watching these finals of yours on tv.

Lets also glosss over the fact that the Power-Eagles game went into overtime
So Wookster - what's happened to your ratings figures? Have you given up?? The finals figures are similar to last year and past years for both codes. And as you've calculated RL has won the aggregate numbers year on year recently who do you think will win this years aggregate ? I have RL well in front by end of year.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:22 pm
Yet nrl finals struggling for crowds in its heartland of Sydney and falling well behind in ratings.
:lol: I could habe bet a million the afl lads would be squealing but what about ze cwowds!!

Yes. The afl has more numbers in the cwowd. Now move on or kindly discuss the topic at hand. Why oh why was only one afl final this week competitive? What tha fukk is wrong with the afl top 8?

Fred, it's ok, you can and should be mad like wookie :lol: just let it all out bro :lol:

xman wrote:
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

Troll alert! Yet another shocking thread from KE.

Hell even league fans appreciated the port eagles match.

I was in blacktown workers last night, big screen had Penrith manly match. After game I was eager to see the rest of port match, got the staff to change channel, league fans around me didn't care much but in the last quarter and extra time they were glued.
EST. 1870
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 pm
:lol: I could habe bet a million the afl lads would be squealing but what about ze cwowds!!

Yes. The afl has more numbers in the cwowd. Now move on or kindly discuss the topic at hand. Why oh why was only one afl final this week competitive? What tha fukk is wrong with the afl top 8?

Fred, it's ok, you can and should be mad like wookie :lol: just let it all out bro :lol:
Yes yes yes... three games (well two as Friday was close up until half time) were walk overs ... we know that let's move one ..... see ... we can all do that.

I think the question is... why can Sydney folk turn out in droves to the afl and struggle along to the nrl. Why can afl finals rate okay in Sydney yet nrl struggles in generally in Melbourne and fails miserably in Perth and Adelaide.

What next for the nrl ... is it going forward or backward. Got knocked back on a loan ... had dubious crowd figures whilst small others suggested were still fudged.. and ratings.. when yo against the afl as seen in the finals ...are well behind. Maybe they could play a best of 7 soo lol. Even on the Gold Coast the suns are getting bigger crowds than the titans in a two team town.

How does the nrl go from being the AFL' spoor cousin?

There you go guys ...plenty for you all. Whose first. I will say aflcrap with the loan and fudging. KE, I do love KE, will try to sound superior (then make a comment how he doesn't have to try) and Terry will come in somewhere doing a poor mans KE without the finesse and smarts of KE. There should be plenty there... little thought went into it as modern family is on pay and add breaks nearly over. Go for it guys.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

docker24 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 pm

I was in blacktown workers last night, big screen had Penrith manly match. After game I was eager to see the rest of port match, got the staff to change channel, league fans around me didn't care much but in the last quarter and extra time they were glued.

Any close game will do that I reckon. One of the best grand finals was a rl one I saw years back ...very close and thrilling. A
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Freddy, I suggest that if you wish to raise new topics you should try starting a thread ? Ever thought of that one? :lol:

Facts are all but one of the afl finals stunk, they were sporting versions of grog bogs viewed by many many thousand open mouthed afl fans. There's simply no other way to look at the woeful spectacle that was round one of the afl.

On the contrary, every NRL game was a bloody ripper! Outstanding competitions of closely matched teams giving it their all in attack and defence. It was awesome to watch whether live or on the box.

A massive win for the NRL, just massive!!

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

docker24 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 pm

I already acknowledged the port match you silly lil village idiot you :lol:

Now discuss the other three afl matches you pissweak port fan! :lol:

Do you think one out of four is a good result? 25% ? :lol:

xman wrote:
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

No mate you're just a sneaky shit stain by deflecting the concerning TV and crowd figures for NRL finals so far by posting this irrelevant bullshit.
EST. 1870
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:53 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Yes yes yes... three games (well two as Friday was close up until half time) were walk overs ... we know that let's move one ..... see ... we can all do that.

I think the question is... why can Sydney folk turn out in droves to the afl and struggle along to the nrl. Why can afl finals rate okay in Sydney yet nrl struggles in generally in Melbourne and fails miserably in Perth and Adelaide.

What next for the nrl ... is it going forward or backward. Got knocked back on a loan ... had dubious crowd figures whilst small others suggested were still fudged.. and ratings.. when yo against the afl as seen in the finals ...are well behind. Maybe they could play a best of 7 soo lol. Even on the Gold Coast the suns are getting bigger crowds than the titans in a two team town.

How does the nrl go from being the AFL' spoor cousin?

There you go guys ...plenty for you all. Whose first. I will say aflcrap with the loan and fudging. KE, I do love KE, will try to sound superior (then make a comment how he doesn't have to try) and Terry will come in somewhere doing a poor mans KE without the finesse and smarts of KE. There should be plenty there... little thought went into it as modern family is on pay and add breaks nearly over. Go for it guys.

Good on ya Freda........another brainless post. How many of the brains trust did ya get over for this one Freda??? Lololololololololololoololol. By the way: The storm rated higher on FTA in Melbourne than the Swanettes did in Sydney. Stop telling lies Freda ya dullard!!
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 pm
So did today's NRL game
yes had the usual shit turn out :-({|=
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.