NRL VS AFL competition - finals 2017

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: NRL VS AFL competition - finals 2017

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

I kinda like gws these days but do any other afl fans get the feeling the Tigers might give em an absolute thumping down in Melbourne town tmw night??

:(/ :rofl: :(/

:wave:

I know you do! :\:

:(/ :rofl: :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:21 pm
:wave: .... :lol: .... :wave:

Howdy folks! Well I started this threadio nigh on three weeks ago now... And I thought it must be time I deliver another educational update to Ye all members and guests.

Three weeks ago (during round 1 finals) I pointed out a disturbing fact... The afl 2017 finals matches were awfully, dreadfully , and I quote "pieces of ..." ... "dogshit"

And I was correct.

Well, now we are into week three. And KE's assertion, awareness and prediction has come awfully true for our afl fans. Yet another absoluuuuute shooooiiiilllaaaaaaacking! :rofl:

I mean 10 goals +!!!

:(/

Meanwhile the NRL experienced its first blowout with the Melb storm dominating a woeful Brisbane in the second half. Both teams I don't like and Melbourne (bar ado Carr) are the most boring team to don a jersey. So meh.

So in total now we have both codes having played 7 matches.

NRL 6 thrillers 1 blowout
Afl 6 blowouts 1 thriller

And on a side note the average winning margin in the 2017 finals now stands at .... :o Wait for it ...... Drum roll please....... :o :o A whoppppping .....49points!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:(/

Don't ever doubt me

:\: :rofl: :\: :compress: :bounce: :compress: :\: :rofl: :\:
Afl a much faster and higher scoring game! Of course there will be bigger win/loss ratios! Self proclaimed king of the basement dwellers

Now on to interest
Crowds and ratings
AFL dominates this area
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

The AFL's GF battle is still wide open. Meanwhile the storm have been clear favourites for months, and showed their domination again last night with a 30-0 win
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Ooh My, How embarrassing - quarter time [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Just watched the replay of both games. Found both the storm game a good watch and the crows game was good also. Feeling keep pushing and just when it looked Iike they may make a dent Adelaide would kick a goal. As the nrl coach said the other day... just because a game is close doesn't mean it's good footy.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ladies, ladies ladies I can't say the truth enough! :lol:

2017 footy finals

Afl 6 no contests - 1 contest
NRL 1 no contest - 6 contests

You puny brained worms can squirm and wriggle on that hook all you like but it's not gunna change the facts of the situation. You're competition is dead in the water when it comes to the 2017 finals series :lol:

Now pray that gws can make a match of it down there in Melbs this arvo! :(/

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 am

2017 footy finals

You puny brained worms can squirm and wriggle on that hook all you like but it's not gunna change the facts of the situation. You're competition is dead in the water when it comes to the 2017 finals series :lol:

every AFL final has outrated the corresponding NRL final. This surely proves that one sided AFL finals are still more popular than close NRL finals :rofl:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 am
The AFL's GF battle is still wide open. Meanwhile the storm have been clear favourites for months, and showed their domination again last night with a 30-0 win
:lol: ^^^ deflection alert.

[BBvideo=][/BBvideo]

Week one of the NRL finals saw the storm barely beat the eels in a thriller at their home ground in Melbourne.

But yeah, :lol: move along there's nothing to see here, the afl finals have been fantastic! :lol:

xman wrote:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am

2017 footy finals

every AFL final has outrated the corresponding NRL final. This surely proves that one sided AFL finals are still more popular than close NRL finals :rofl:
You'll find that what it proves is AFL folk in Melbourne are like brainless drones who will watch the sport like zombies no matter the standard or quality of the game.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

2017 footy finals

You'll find that what it proves is AFL folk in Melbourne are like brainless drones who will watch the sport like zombies no matter the standard or quality of the game.
come on Terry, use that peanut sized brain of yours. Adelaide rated 299k for crows night, only 15k less than Brisbane for the broncos. Yet there are 2 teams in Adelaide and only one was involved, and Brisbane's population is almost double Adelaide's.

This isnt a Melbourne thing, the NRL just isnt that popular on TV. NRL fans prefer going to games..... :lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:02 pm

[BBvideo=][/BBvideo]

Week one of the NRL finals saw the storm barely beat the eels in a thriller at their home ground in Melbourne.

But yeah, :lol: move along there's nothing to see here, the afl finals have been fantastic! :lol:
they've been very ho hum so far actually, yet have easily been more popular. What does that say about the NRL? :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:13 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

come on Terry, use that peanut sized brain of yours. Adelaide rated 299k for crows night, only 15k less than Brisbane for the broncos. Yet there are 2 teams in Adelaide and only one was involved, and Brisbane's population is almost double Adelaide's.

This isnt a Melbourne thing, the NRL just isnt that popular on TV. NRL fans prefer going to games..... :lol:
Yeah sorry pal. Shoulda said Melbourne and the desert states. They desperately need something to take their minds off their miserable existence.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:14 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:02 pm

[BBvideo=][/BBvideo]

they've been very ho hum so far actually
Finally!!! Finally we have acknowledgement. Nlol, I applaud you. I knew you could do it. :thumbleft:

Now ho hum is a great start but you're now ready to take a step closer to reality me boy. Ok repeat after me.

The 2017 afl finals have been a lopsided piece of dog shit!

Cmon nlol, shout it out loud now!! :\:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

The far more popular AFL finals have been mostly one sided games. Although no team in our comp has remained scoreless, and our comp isnt being monstered by a runaway favourite
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Monstered by a runaway favourite... melb are a cut above most but parra took em all the way to the siren during week one of the finals. I'd hardly call that monstered.

Now say it after me nlol! :)

The afl finals of 2017 have been lopsided pieces of dogshit!!!

xman wrote: