why the NRL need to start increasing crowds

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: why the NRL need to start increasing crowds

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:12 pm
Pussy cat. They give a loan in an income generating asset in this case a low risk loan that the bank will earn interest on... paid by the income generated by Etihad.

That's all well and good Fred. But regardless of what it does or what you hope it will do its a LOAN a huge one that will need to paid back . As mentioned above these are uncertain times and loan repayments may not be as easy as first planned.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 pm
Pussy cat. They give a loan in an income generating asset in this case a low risk loan that the bank will earn interest on... paid by the income generated by Etihad.

That's all well and good Fred. But regardless of what it does or what you hope it will do its a LOAN a huge one that will need to paid back . As mentioned above these are uncertain times and loan repayments may not be as easy as first planned.
This topic was discussed on bigfooty. Here's the deal. Clubs were paying the previous stadium owners millions in stadium fees per year as part of their original agreements, which were due to end 2025. The AFL purchased the stadium 8 years early and the payments on the loan are less than the millions all tennants were paying under their previous agreements. Therefore the tenants are now paying the AFL less than their previous stadium fees and the AFL are using those fees to pay off the loan by 2025. Everybody wins
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I'd be surprised if they planned to pay it back. You don't do that on income generating assets. Rule of business 101 is never use your own money. It would only be paid back if they sold Etihad. If the bank called in the loan ... one the afl could pay it ... but it is likely they would simply hand over equity in Etihad. I doubt it's a principle and interest loan just interest would be my guess.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 pm

I'd be surprised if they planned to pay it back. You don't do that on income generating assets. Rule of business 101 is never use your own money. It would only be paid back if they sold Etihad. If the bank called in the loan ... one the afl could pay it ... but it is likely they would simply hand over equity in Etihad. I doubt it's a principle and interest loan just interest would be my guess.
That might be there intention. But the best laid plans don't always work out.!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Seems to be going okay for the afl me thinks
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:17 pm
Fred wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 pm

That might be there intention. But the best laid plans don't always work out.!
Keep trying pissycat you'll might understand one day
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.