With a few months practise coulD a champion Gaelic footy team beat a champion afl team?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

With a few months practise coulD a champion Gaelic footy team beat a champion afl team?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Absolutely and Undoubtably.

All the evidence points to a definitive YES :D:

1. The Irish amateurs consistently beat aussies multimillionaire afl professionals in the hybrid version of the codes.

2. With a skerrick of the lifetimes practise the overpaid afl lads do, Irish amateurs have travelled to aus, signed up with a club and dominated. Tagh Kennelly stands out as just one of many. He'd def be in most knowledgable folks top 5 running halfback marngrookers of all times

3. The evidence suggests athletes from football codes that are vastly different than afl can still drop everything they've done and trained for during their youth, pickup a sherr in, and waltz into an afl contract. And even further, they can dominate games and become, for example, amongst the afls best contested markers. Josh pyke, that tall American college basketballer cooling wood picked up and the great khunt come to mind :lol:

It's quite hilarious really :lol:

Can any of you afl lads provide any kind of reasonable argument suggesting why (with 6montgs practice) a champion Gaelic club couldn't easily dominate the afls best at their own game?

This oughtta be good :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Re: With a few months practise coulD a champion Gaelic footy team beat a champion afl team?

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: With a few months practise coulD a champion Gaelic footy team beat a champion afl team?

Post by NlolRL »

beat an AFL team at what? Table tennis?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 am
beat an AFL team at what? Table tennis?
:lol:

This ones clearly got nothing and has raised the white flag. Any other afl fans got any arguments against an amateur Gaelic footy team trouncing a pro afl team with just six months of kicking a sherrin?

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:08 am
1. The Irish amateurs consistently beat aussies multimillionaire afl professionals in the hybrid version of the codes.
They've won a few more than us, but it's hardly one sided. Furthermore, if they win their own game why would it mean they would win ours?
2. With a skerrick of the lifetimes practise the overpaid afl lads do, Irish amateurs have travelled to aus, signed up with a club and dominated. Tagh Kennelly stands out as just one of many. He'd def be in most knowledgable folks top 5 running halfback marngrookers of all times
The Irish players who have played well over here have done so after years of development in AFL team, they certainly havent starred after a few months. McKenna for Essendon is an example. He's been on Essendon's list for years but is now showing the skills required to be one of the best 18.
3. The evidence suggests athletes from football codes that are vastly different than afl can still drop everything they've done and trained for during their youth, pickup a sherr in, and waltz into an afl contract. And even further, they can dominate games and become, for example, amongst the afls best contested markers. Josh pyke, that tall American college basketballer cooling wood picked up and the great khunt come to mind :lol:
None of these players were the best in the league so stop talking shit
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

With the Australian Fumbling Leagues determination to take over the world I can't see why they don't put a team in little Knocknagoshel in county Kerry. Get a few of the local Knockers together and hey presto they bring back the flag.

I mean the fumblers get people like the failed rugby player Mal Pike. He played poorly for third rate rugby nation Canada, had never seen a game of fumbling, and immediately became a superstar. I'm sure the little knockers could do far better than that. I say bring on the Kockers!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Immediately and superstar are a little exaggerated lol
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I think despite all the jokes over the years about the Irish they still don't seem to master the unco art of fumbling a ball continuously .
Therefore IMO
They'd easily beat the all Aust sausage rollers .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The fact Mike pyke and karmichael hunt made the cut at the very upper most echelons of afl footy, when they had no real comparable sporting experience tells us all we need to know. When we think of this in comparison to the Irish lads who've been playing a game with very similar skills all their lives ... it's just a no brainer. 6 months practice would be more than enough for the best Gaelic footy club would need to beat a prime 2014 Hawthorne squad at marngrook.

Case closed. :cheers:

I don't know what it is really, the afl lads really should be better athletes....but time and time again we see them fail to look dominant against any other athlete other than themselves.

xman wrote:
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

lol Mike Pike "superstar"

Took him years to adjust to AFL

And all he does is tap the ball to the rovers for clearances.
EST. 1870
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm
The fact Mike pyke and karmichael hunt made the cut at the very upper most echelons of afl footy, when they had no real comparable sporting experience tells us all we need to know. When we think of this in comparison to the Irish lads who've been playing a game with very similar skills all their lives ... it's just a no brainer. 6 months practice would be more than enough for the best Gaelic footy club would need to beat a prime 2014 Hawthorne squad at marngrook.

I don't know what it is really, the afl lads really should be better athletes....but time and time again we see them fail to look dominant against any other athlete other than themselves.
so now its 6 months, not a few months........... :(/

Well, there have been a number of Irish come to Australia to play AFL. How many of these have made the All Australian team in any year? And you expect them to beat an All Australian side when none of them have ever made the team? :(/

close thread....idiot
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

From AFLol .com

He played 110 AFL games.

Pyke went from an experiment to the top of the footy world when he played a key role in the Swans 2012 premiership win over Hawthorn, performing admirably as a back-up ruckman to Shane Mumford.

His 2013 season was his best, with Pyke playing 25 games and kicking 28 goals as the Swans made it to the preliminary final, before losing to Fremantle.

The 31-year-old assumed the No.1 ruck duties when Mumford crossed to Greater Western Sydney the following season.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:13 pm
From AFLol .com

He played 110 AFL games.

Pyke went from an experiment to the top of the footy world when he played a key role in the Swans 2012 premiership win over Hawthorn, performing admirably as a back-up ruckman to Shane Mumford.

His 2013 season was his best, with Pyke playing 25 games and kicking 28 goals as the Swans made it to the preliminary final, before losing to Fremantle.

The 31-year-old assumed the No.1 ruck duties when Mumford crossed to Greater Western Sydney the following season.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pyke

Pike's only personal achievement was winning the 2015 AFLPA Education and Training Excellence Award.
He didnt even poll a single brownlow vote http://www.phantombrownlowmedal.com.au/ ... /mike-pyke

Yep, champion that guy :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Pyke also was one of the best the afl had to offer at taking contested marks. One of the most highly regarded skills in the game and some union toff Canuck turkey showed em all how :(/

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:12 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm

so now its 6 months, not a few months........... :(/

Well, there have been a number of Irish come to Australia to play AFL. How many of these have made the All Australian team in any year? And you expect them to beat an All Australian side when none of them have ever made the team? :(/

close thread....idiot
Do you think all Australian team selectors might kindof pick players who are australian instead of Irish :lol:

In any case this isn't the point. I never said the champ Gaelic footy side would beat an all Australian side nlol you silly butt twerk :lol: I said they'd beat a club side like the hawthorn champions of recent years.

Jesus follow the thread ya wonky butt twerk! :lol:

Members, please fell free to call nlol a floppy butt twerk from now on. He's just not with it at the moment :lol:

xman wrote: