Amateur Irish bog farmers set to flog fully professional AFL prima donna's - AGAIN!!!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Amateur Irish bog farmers set to flog fully professional AFL prima donna's - AGAIN!!!

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:31 pm
:lol: so ur actually saying one needs to learn a completely different skill to kick a round ball!?
yep. It spins completely differently which is why most of the Irish kick top spinners off the inside of their foot
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Amateur Irish bog farmers set to flog fully professional AFL prima donna's - AGAIN!!!

Post by Fred »

Doesn't a drop punt spin backwards ?

Can you kick a drop punt with a round ball, the whole point of a drop punt (credited to Jack Dyer I believe) is that is spins backwards slowish making it easier to mark, and is more accurate ?
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Can you kick a drop punt with a round ball
:lol:

Yep. What you do is you guide it down towards your foot with one hand, you drop it... Then you punt it.

You can also drop punt a Rubik's cube. Afl fans would find this tough to do tho because they ain't too bright :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Wow........this argument is getting ridiculous !!! So apparently our supreme AFL athletes get smashed because of the shape of the ball??? Are you serious fumblers???? Is that it??? The little amateur bog farmers smash the millionaire full time AFL'ers because of the shape of the ball?????

It spins differently lolololol...you have to kick it on a different part of your foot lololololololololol.

Get a grip fumblers. 3 year olds kick a ball. Grandmothers kick a ball. My aunty Gwen kicks a ball. Just kick the ball fumblers and get on with it. But, but, but, but........

Cue fumblers telling us how skilful it is to kick a ball. It isn't. It's rubbish. Just kick the ball fumblers.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Yep. What you do is you guide it down towards your foot with one hand, you drop it... Then you punt it.

You can also drop punt a Rubik's cube. Afl fans would find this tough to do tho because they ain't too bright :lol:
you think thats what an AFL drop punt means? OMFG you're an imbecile :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Listen, I'm no expert on all things afl by a long shot... he'll Terry will tell you I'm no expert at all lol... but I'm thinking a drop punt is not just how the ball is dropped. If I lower the ball with one hand guided toward my boat but it doesn't spin ... I.e dies a helicopter or the classic floater ... it's not a drop punt. Maybe an attempted drop punt but not a drop punt. Just as if I go to do a torpedo but it comes off wrong ... floats, helicopters etc it's not a torpedo... in fact sometimes a torp comes of and spins backward ... that is, comes off as a drop punt ???? It's still a drop punt because of the way the ball spins.

I would even say that many a player these days hold the ball almost like a torp ... the way you kick a torp is different ... but I see a lot hold the ball with one hand nearer one point and the other hand near the opposite point ... but is guided down and comes off as a drop punt.

The "stevie J" kick at goal is relatively new. And as mentioned ... kicking at goal is only one element of kicking in afl. Most kicking happens in the passage of play...
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 pm
Wow........this argument is getting ridiculous !!! So apparently our supreme AFL athletes get smashed because of the shape of the ball??? Are you serious fumblers???? Is that it??? The little amateur bog farmers smash the millionaire full time AFL'ers because of the shape of the ball?????

It spins differently lolololol...you have to kick it on a different part of your foot lololololololololol.

Get a grip fumblers. 3 year olds kick a ball. Grandmothers kick a ball. My aunty Gwen kicks a ball. Just kick the ball fumblers and get on with it. But, but, but, but........

Cue fumblers telling us how skilful it is to kick a ball. It isn't. It's rubbish. Just kick the ball fumblers.

It flies different, so therefore, somehow, to kick it you need to use a completely different technique

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 pm

you think thats what an AFL drop punt means? OMFG you're an imbecile :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Enlighten us :lol:

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So how does a drop punt differ from a stab kick ... googles your friend lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Gaelic players do stab kicks too. I used to apply both drop kicks and stab kicks while playing Gaelic footy. Same skill, worked good ;)

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 pm

the ball is dropped down to the foot with one hand for every kick you clown, not just drop punts. That doesnt mean every kick is a drop punt. A drop punt in ARs involves dropping the ball while keeping the long axis exactly vertical. The kick is timed so contact is made at the back lower side of the oval ball causing it to shoot forward but spin backwards on its axis. This causes elevation. The Irish kick the soccer ball towards the back middle to top of the ball, causing top spin, not backspin. The ball dips quickly. They are completely different kicks and the ball responds completely differently
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:39 pm
Gaelic players do stab kicks too. I used to apply both drop kicks and stab kicks while playing Gaelic footy. Same skill, worked good ;)

Tell me how a stab kick is done ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm
the ball is dropped down to the foot with one hand for every kick you clown, not just drop punts. That doesnt mean every kick is a drop punt. A drop punt in ARs involves dropping the ball while keeping the long axis exactly vertical. The kick is timed so contact is made at the back lower side of the oval ball causing it to shoot forward but spin backwards on its axis. This causes elevation. The Irish kick the soccer ball towards the back middle to top of the ball, causing top spin, not backspin. The ball dips quickly. They are completely different kicks and the ball responds completely differently
Yes I would have to agree with Nrol here I think. I can see where E is going but I think nrol is right in this instance.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Very well done! I give you 6 out of ten, a pass! :D

Of course having played the game for years you've told me nothing I don't know and you lost marks because you left out one of the most important aspects. You should also make sure to keep the head over the ball and the body weight forward during the kick. Additionally as a counter balance I liked to allow my opposite arm to swing at a right angle to the body during the kick ;)

But all in all a jolly good try and you deserved your pass mark nlol. It was really nice to see ur classmate Fred aka talking footy stalker so supportive :) so well done indeed!

BUT, and this is indeed gunna be a massive BUTT :lol:
In regards to the actual argument, the actual debate at hand I.e in regards to afl players playing international rules you actually stated that
nlol aka stoopid giant butt twerk wrote:
All the kicking and handballing techniques go out thw window
So in regards to the actual argument your lil 6/10 definition of the drop punt above has actually provided us with this

[BBvideo=][/BBvideo]

:(/

I told you it was a big butt! An absolute fail

Zero out of ten!!!

:(/

xman wrote: