Amateur Irish bog farmers set to flog fully professional AFL prima donna's - AGAIN!!!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Amateur Irish bog farmers set to flog fully professional AFL prima donna's - AGAIN!!!

Post by King-Eliagh »

Drop punts and handballs are used in Gaelic and international rules so these techniques are definitely and absolutely not "out the window", as nlol our resident butt twerk suggested, for afl players in the international rules game.

:wink:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Amateur Irish bog farmers set to flog fully professional AFL prima donna's - AGAIN!!!

Post by NlolRL »

They most certainly are. AFL players use the back spin of a drop punt to contol flight. Attempting the same technique with a round ball results in wayward delivery which is why the choose to top spin their kicks. Thats different technique
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fumblers - you spend your whole life kicking the ball. After the fumble it is the most recognisable part of your mess of a game. Stop whining like stuck pigs and just kick the ball. If the part time amateur bog farmers can do it surely your millionaire pretty boy supposed 'athletes' can?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Terry
They Grasp at straws ..make excuses .but but but ..
It's the usual ploy when it finally dawns on them after years of brainwashing by afl house & the southern media, that these supposed elite athletes are really unco bumbling no hopers .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

This link shows the aussies using their drop punt and handballing techniques throughout. As does any footage of international rules :lol:

[BBvideo=][/BBvideo]

You can really see how the mark rule and the tackling rules advantages the aussies. But the Irish men seem quicker and have more heart. And of course, blind Freddy can see there's also advantages for the Irish amateurs with the goal and the use of their ball. There's advantages both ways that's why it's a hybrid sport. ;)

I will admit one aspect that doesn't seem at all fair to the Aussie rules men tho. It's almost discrimination really. It looks like the Aussie rules men are very uncomfortable in regular fitting shorts and a shirt. It looks like they would prefer to be in their hot pants and singlets showing much more skin. But great they still put up a fight anyway! :lol:

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 am
NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Enlighten us :lol:
the ball is dropped down to the foot with one hand for every kick you clown, not just drop punts. That doesnt mean every kick is a drop punt. A drop punt in ARs involves dropping the ball while keeping the long axis exactly vertical. The kick is timed so contact is made at the back lower side of the oval ball causing it to shoot forward but spin backwards on its axis. This causes elevation. The Irish kick the soccer ball towards the back middle to top of the ball, causing top spin, not backspin. The ball dips quickly. They are completely different kicks and the ball responds completely differently
:lol:

Very well done! I give you 6 out of ten, a pass! :D

Of course having played the game for years you've told me nothing I don't know and you lost marks because you left out one of the most important aspects. You should also make sure to keep the head over the ball and the body weight forward during the kick. Additionally as a counter balance I liked to allow my opposite arm to swing at a right angle to the body during the kick ;)

But all in all a jolly good try and you deserved your pass mark nlol. It was really nice to see ur classmate Fred aka talking footy stalker so supportive :) so well done indeed!

BUT, and this is indeed gunna be a massive BUTT :lol:
In regards to the actual argument, the actual debate at hand I.e in regards to afl players playing international rules you actually stated that
nlol aka stoopid giant butt twerk wrote:
All the kicking and handballing techniques go out thw window
So in regards to the actual argument your lil 6/10 definition of the drop punt above has actually provided us with this

[BBvideo=][/BBvideo]

:(/

I told you it was a big butt! An absolute fail

Zero out of ten!!!

That's a long way around saying you were wrong on the drop punt thing?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

What you talked about E is technique which is great but here's the thing. You can go through all the correct technique and still not do a drop punt for one reason or another ... however you can do a crappy teachnique doing none or little of what Nrol said and still, for one reason or another, kick a drop punt. You see, it is how the ball travels through the air that determines what type of kick it is.
Last edited by Fred on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Are you fumblers still going on about kicking the ball?? Incredible!!! You spend your whole life kicking a ball. The amateur bog farmers regularly belt you so you blame the ball????? Take some responsibility fumblers. Your game is an unskilled rabbling mess - that's why you can't compete with the little amateur boggies. It's all about skill, co-ordination, hand to eye competence and nothing to do with that dastardly little ball. Your athletes are just hopeless basically.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:40 pm
Are you fumblers still going on about kicking the ball?? Incredible!!! You spend your whole life kicking a ball.
RL players spend their lives throwing a ball, tackling and scoring tries. Doesnt mean you can compete at professional gridiron.
The amateur bog farmers regularly belt you so you blame the ball????? Take some responsibility fumblers.
They lead 10 v 9 so it's hardly one-sided
Your game is an unskilled rabbling mess - that's why you can't compete with the little amateur boggies. It's all about skill, co-ordination, hand to eye competence and nothing to do with that dastardly little ball. Your athletes are just hopeless basically.
RL's skills involve a small throw and catch where accuracy is rarely required because there's no direct defender. RL fans should NEVER question another sport's ball skills
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:40 pm
Are you fumblers still going on about kicking the ball?? Incredible!!! You spend your whole life kicking a ball. The amateur bog farmers regularly belt you so you blame the ball????? Take some responsibility fumblers. Your game is an unskilled rabbling mess - that's why you can't compete with the little amateur boggies. It's all about skill, co-ordination, hand to eye competence and nothing to do with that dastardly little ball. Your athletes are just hopeless basically.
Nope... just explaining to E where he went wrong in describing a drop punt.
Veni, vidi, vici
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by beepee »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:30 am
Yes the game is slightly different and rules change abit,

But the AFL folk should be able to cope, its not rocket science.

I find the IRISH are more a physical team,
and the AFL boys cannot handle it..

be interesting if they used a Sherrin one game
and a soccer ball one game..

how the irish would go be interesting..
Now we know you are full of shit. More skilled with a round ball probably, more physical, hardly. How many complaints have the Irish made over the years about getting smashed in tackles?
Eagles for Premiers!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

'smashed in tackles' hahahahahahahahah. Fumblers don't smash anyone in face to face man on man tackles - they coward punch someone to the head when the opponent is looking the other way.....they're brave like that!!!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fred wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:35 pm
What you talked about E is technique which is great but here's the thing. You can go through all the correct technique and still not do a drop punt for one reason or another ... however you can do a crappy teachnique doing none or little of what Nrol said and still, for one reason or another, kick a drop punt. You see, it is how the ball travels through the air that determines what type of kick it is.

How many of these :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: one's have you had today Freddy?

Sober up and relate your posts to the argument at hand before coming back in here ok? Just sleep it off bro.

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Lol ... just the 1 with dinner... got a bit of a cold going on.

Maybe should have had a malt scotch ... with the duty free fully stacked should have made a go of it lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

beepee wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:30 am
Yes the game is slightly different and rules change abit,

But the AFL folk should be able to cope, its not rocket science.

I find the IRISH are more a physical team,
and the AFL boys cannot handle it..

be interesting if they used a Sherrin one game
and a soccer ball one game..

how the irish would go be interesting..
Now we know you are full of shit. More skilled with a round ball probably, more physical, hardly. How many complaints have the Irish made over the years about getting smashed in tackles?
Full of $hit aye BEEPEE

NRLOL tried to find the evidence behind your theory>>
could only come up with a Shoulder charge

LOL SMASHED IN TACKLES>>>

I think you will find (they play RUGBY In IRELAND) Tackling is a natural thing..