how long can you keep polishing a turd for! NRL urgently needs $30 million bank loan to pay clubs

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

how long can you keep polishing a turd for! NRL urgently needs $30 million bank loan to pay clubs

Post by leagueiscrap »

Chief executive Todd Greenberg not only needs approval from the banks but also broadcasters Channel 9 and Fox Sports, who will act as “guarantors”.

This is the second injection of cash the NRL has needed in 2017, having already received a $50 million advance from Fox Sports to ease its cashflow problems.

The need for the $30 million loan has risen from the independent commission caving in to the 16 clubs on funding deals from 2018 ­onwards.
After 18 months of negotiations, commission chairman John Grant eventually guaranteed the clubs $13 million a year in annual grants at a cost of more than $1 billion over the five years of the broadcasting deal.

It saved his job and got rid of a no-confidence motion in his leadership.

Yet the NRL bean counters quickly discovered they won’t have the money when the first club instalments are due to be handed out in ­November.

Only the $30 million loan would ensure the clubs get what they were guaranteed.

It’s one of the reasons why Grant had no choice but to confirm he will leave in February at the end of his term.

Under the strategic plan that Grant published soon after the independent commission came into power, the game was supposed to have $200 million in the bank by 2017 in a future fund.

Instead, it has basically got nothing.

It’s not helping the NRL in that it still hasn’t sold the Gold Coast Titans or the Newcastle Knights to private owners.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 94843a1dc3
Both clubs are losing about $2 million a year under the NRL’s ownership.

Also, the commission was forced to save a desperate St George Illawarra with a $6.5 million loan — money that still hasn’t been repaid.

The new $30 million loan will be paid off over the five years of the broadcast deal and will attract millions of dollars in interest.

Placing further pressure on the NRL administration is the ongoing negotiations with the Rugby League Players’ Association over its members’ future salaries.
:\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Re: how long can you keep polishing a turd for! NRL urgently needs $30 million bank loan to pay clubs

Post by leagueiscrap »

this article deserves a thread of its own!
a few years ago the NRL posted a few profits & it was going to build a war chest to combat the AFL with!
the Basement dwelling reality avoiding virgin dweebs aka the NRL fans went off hard prematurely how this is only the start for the NRLOL!

a few years down the track the dweebs moked the AFL for taking out a loan to buy a billion dollar asset in Etihad!
& continuously mock the AFL efforts in expansion!

now their own little league is taking out advances and loans to pay basic operating costs :thumbleft: :cheers:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: how long can you keep polishing a turd for! NRL urgently needs $30 million bank loan to pay clubs

Post by NlolRL »

im sure pussycat will spin this as a sign of success. maybe something like 'we didnt borrow as much as the AFL' or some shit
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I had no idea that the nrl were in such a way. Surely the new money coming in will fix all this up. Maybe it's clubs/players wanting more based on what's coming but that money is yet to hit the bank accounts ? If so likely just a transitionary issue.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yes the new money will fix it up
Trouble is the new money isn't till next year .

The old boys club mentality still rules .
Need someone on the commission to stand
Up to the clubs .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

apparently the NRLOL has money its bank account a few years ago!
you basement dwellers tossball fans as there was endless threads about how the NRLOL was building a "war chest" to take on the AFL!

now its borrowing money 30 million on top of an advancement of 50 million to pay its basic operating costs!

yet you useless loons still mocked the AFL for taking out a loan to buy Etihad!

the basic simple logic of a League fan!

isnt it concerning that the NRLOL has taken out such large amounts of money out in loans just to pay its basic bills, operating costs, player payments etc?

thats a real understanding in how the NRLOL is traveling
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Its very simple, but, very likely though far to complicated for you. The end of the NRL financial year Late OCT/Nov is when the clubs/players have to be paid paid. The new contract doesn't begin until Jan 1.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:45 pm
Its very simple, but, very likely though far to complicated for you. The end of the NRL financial year Late OCT/Nov is when the clubs/players have to be paid paid. The new contract doesn't begin until Jan 1.
hilarious coming from a person with such a simplistic view they think profit is the only relevant measure
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

It's easy to post a large profit for a year or so! Move a few figures make a few cut backs! CEOs get their bonuses!

The. In a few years it all catches up on you!

But is did have their fans shooting off early about bigger profits!
Meanwhile the AFL keeps getting financially stronger and the nrlol keeps on being the nrlol
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You just took out a $280million loan , Your clubs require $80m in handouts. You lost $20 million last year - you are a dic

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:29 pm
You just took out a $280million loan , Your clubs require $80m in handouts. You lost $20 million last year - you are a dic
A loan on a billion dollar asset that not only provides capital growth it produces revenue.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:29 pm
a loan to buy a billion dollar asset! something that will make money year in year out & has a worth of a billion dollars the interest in the loan will be tax deductible most businesses work that way

the NRLOL has taken out 80 million out in advances and loans just to pay bills!

put it in simple idiot terms pissy cat
your mummy and daddy buy a house to to protect pissycat safe from the big bad world out side and keep it for 7 to 10 years, on statistics the value will have doubled! thats good debt

thats a good investment
your mummy and daddy need to pay the bills! eg keep the electricity & internet running so poor pissycat doesn't get scared, but have no money to do so. so they go to the bank and ask for a loan. that loan comes with interest that needs to be paid on top of the on going bills :)))
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You haven't taken out loan?????? what a lot of bullshit.
And time will tell if it was a good investment or not. Meanwhile you've got $280m to repay and all the interest that comes with it.

Hand outs - at least $80m in addition to club grants. What else would you call them?

NRL hand out to clubs $5 or 6 m! AFL handout to clubs $80m +.

So fucken What . That'll happen when they want it to happen. Then only thing that's years away(maybe lifetimes) is AFL and international interest.

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am
And time will tell if it was a good investment or not. Meanwhile you've got $280m to repay and all the interest that comes with it.

Hand outs - at least $80m in addition to club grants. What else would you call them?

So fucken What . That'll happen when they want it to happen. Then only thing that's years away(maybe lifetimes) is AFL and international interest.
really struggling to understand pissy cat :mrgreen:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:19 am
pussycat wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am
[No one said we hadnt take out a loan, what we have done is take out a loan for operational reasons, its a loan specifically to facilitate a capital purchase./]

Geez i wonder if the well credentialled business folks at the top of the AFL considered that.
You dont understand what the funding is for or how its broken down. Just because its over the basic club grant doesnt make it a handout. The AFL collects considerable revenue centrally for distribution back to the clubs that is not part of the club grant. This includes signage at the MCG and Etihad, AFL memberships with club support components, licensing revenues, game buyouts and pourage rights.

it also includes equal and disequal funding which is determined by the impact on a club of the AFLs fixturing and stadium deals on memberships, attendance and sponsorship. Some funding considerations are giving to club upgrades in facilities and staffing.

The AFL makes mention of some of this in its annual reports
The AFL makes a number of distributions and payments to AFL clubs. These payments included the following in 2016:

* A base distribution to all clubs which totalled $147.4 million, an increase of $5.4 million;
* A bonus distribution of $1.2 million to each club;
* Other payments to clubs included equal and disequal financial assistance, prize money, distribution of the AFL’s signage rights at Etihad Stadium and promotional funding to help clubs develop the game around Australia
Funding for Brisbane and the Saints is no less assistance than what has been handed to St George or Wests of late, except the AFL doesnt bother pretending its a loan they'll get back.

And God forbid the AFl should actually support its two newest teams.

Oh you have figures for how much it costs them to lose money on the titans and knights? The NRL doesnt have anywhere near the revenue centralisation the AFL has either.

Fuck off and pay attention to your own competitions many prohlems and procrastinations before inventing ones in the AFL that dont exist.

And paying players isn't an operational reason? There nothing more important.

It was you that was trying to convince yourself and everybody else that the $280m debt was a good thing.

Both west and Saints haven't got loans to my knowledge - maybe an advance on funding, though St George are doing very well at the moment and if they did get a handout it certainly wasn't anywhere near what the lions, Suns, GWS and others get.

However you want to describe the Money , outside of funding and prize money , its all handouts.

It was hardly me who brought any of this up so maybe you should take some of your own advice!