The AFL Leaders in treating women...

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The AFL Leaders in treating women...

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:04 am
Jason Mifsud, the AFL's community engagement manager, confirmed there was a disturbing attitude existing at some clubs. ''I have had direct conversations with a number of recruiting officers. A recruiter from one club told me that 'unless they have a white parent we are not going to draft an Aboriginal player, and our club would not be alone inthat.' That is a mindset that is permeating back through parts of the industry.

It was fucking stated
Deal with it you dickhead
sorry, but that is heresay from a guy with a history of misinterpreting and overplaying the facts.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 72ccf4d2c8
Mifsud, the AFL's community engagement manager, has been reprimanded and counselled for raising the unfounded issues in a conversation with Thomas.

Mifsud was involved in a racial furore that cost Adelaide recruiting officer Matthew Rendell his job last month.

"Notwithstanding that Jason never intended for that conversation to appear in the public domain, it still remained an unacceptable comment," Demetriou said.

"I explained to Jason that the standards we hold in this organisation apply to all employees that things are to be treated as highly confidential.

"I have addressed the matter with Jason and given Jason a warning that that behaviour won't be tolerated and also counselled him about how to address those issues in the future.''

Neeld said he was hurt by the allegations after Thomas posted them on a website yesterday.

Mifsud said today he met with Neeld and Demons chief executive Cameron Schwab "to express a full and unreserved apology""Today I met with Cameron Schwab and Mark Neeld of the Melbourne football club to offer my unreserved apology in relation to the false claim concerned the management of indigenous players at the Melbourne Football Club," Mifsud said.

"The claim was initially brought to my attention by sources within the AFL fraternity earlier this year, but clearly have proven to be a false and baseless assertion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

FORMER Crows recruiting manager Matt Rendell has publicly apologised for his comments about Indigenous footballers.
"I publicly apologise sincerely if I have caused any offence," said Rendell on Adelaide radio TripleM today. This follows his conditional apology on Footy Classified on Monday.

Rendell says he has sought to personally apologise to AFL community engagement manager Jason Mifsud and national multicultural program manager Ali Fahour for the position he put forward in a 30-minute meeting at the Adelaide Football Club in January.

Beyond warning AFL recruiting managers would ultimately recruit only Aboriginal players with one white parent, Rendell offended Mifsud and Fahour by suggesting a pre-draft academy be established for under-16 indigenous players who would be re-located in Melbourne.

"My sole intent was to help - to solve (the problem of a high attrition rate among Aboriginal footballers in the AFL) and not to offend," said Rendell.

"Obviously, they (Mifsud and Fahour) have taken offence. It is a fair time after the meeting, but that is irrelevant.

"Hopefully, they will accept my apologies."

Rendell absolved the Adelaide Football Club from any blame.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:18 am
Terry wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:41 pm
Geez, poor 'ol llllollller's really losing the plot. And talking about the plot - where is Wookie? There's a million AFL stories out there at the moment but he hasn't got any of 'em on his other site or come here to discuss 'em.
As ive explained to you before, my site isnt about discussing that kind of bullshit - speicifically deals in crowds, memberships, finances, ratings, stadiums, tv rights and such. Not scandals.

As for anything else, I dont have to discuss fuck all here.
What is your site?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
So after a few days of RE-EDUCATION By VLAD & CO ..suddenly it was a misunderstanding .

How gullible are you ..seriously ?

The Aflol are good ..very good at some things ..this is one ....protecting the image .

But I suspect you know that ..just can't admit it .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Read this article .
What happened happens on lots of sports ....happens in junior RL .
& I don't think it will ever stop ......so I'm not having a go at the brawl .

An under-15 girls football match in Melbourne’s west was abandoned on Sunday after a brawl broke out between spectators.

Police were called to Galvin Park in Werribee about 1pm after reports of fighting between relatives of players competing for local rivals Werribee Centrals and Point Cook.

A witness said a father of a Werribee Centrals player verbally abused a Point Cook player, sparking a confrontation with a woman who was a relative of the girl.

The altercation grew physical and the man punched the woman, the witness said.

A police spokesman said the brawl had dispersed by the time police arrived.

“Investigators spoke to a number of people involved in the altercation and the investigation is ongoing,” he said.

The problem is this ...downplaying by an afl official of a woman getting punched .

Disgusting .....

“A witness said a father of a Werribee Centrals player verbally abused a Point Cook player, sparking a confrontation with a woman who was a relative of the girl.

The altercation grew physical and the man punched the woman, the witness said.”
“Werribee Centrals Junior Football Club president Justin Fletcher said the club will be discussing the incident with the Western Region Football League on Monday.

There was nothing over the top, a few punches and verbal abuse,” he said.”

Wow.... according to the club president punching a woman is “nothing over the top”

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow, disgraceful stuff. And I guess Im not alone in thinking no one with any authority in afl land has had a go at righting this wrong???

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol no KE .
Why would they do that .

🤣
Xman wrote