The AFL Leaders in treating women...

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

The AFL Leaders in treating women...

Post by King-Eliagh »

like third class animals.
"Reports this morning have raised the lid on a toxic sexist culture within AFL headquarters with revelations some men in the office had come up with a “Top 10” list of female colleagues they wanted to bed.
The Herald Sun reports a female employee was told that she was in fact on the list of a list put together by a number of male staff at AFL house.
The woman confirmed that she was told that she was “number five on the list.”

© Nine News AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan.
Despite these allegations, AFL CEO Gillon Mclachlan yesterday said the two sacked executives, Simon Lethlean and David Simkiss, would probably be welcomed back into the game in the near future.
“I know the industry is forgiving. They are high-quality people and unbelievable executives,” he said on SEN.
“I feel confident they’ll get another chance.”
Later he told 3AW: “They’re both high-performing executives who have worked through the ranks because they have delivered.”

© Nine News Richard Simkiss (L) and Simon Lethlean (R).
Football operations manager, Lethlean, quit following an affair with young Auskick staffer Maddi Blomberg, the girlfriend of rugby union star Kurtley Beale.
[/b]Simkiss, the code’s commercial manager, resigned over his relationship with young AFL legal counsel Ali Gronow.
In addition to the “Top 10” list, a current male employee at league headquarters has been labelled the “King of Tinder” by female colleagues.
The AFL didn’t respond to the claims about the “Top 10” list or the” King of Tinder” when McLachlan spoke to a number of Melbourne radio stations yesterday but he did address allegations of a third executive having an inappropriate relationship.
“There’s a lot of different things swirling, there’s nothing that I know that worries me,” he said.
McLachlan also said he still respects both men.
“I don’t look at them in any different way.
“They are friends of mine
who’ve been outstanding executives who made a mistake and they are working on their marriages. If they account for this in the right way, their histories and their behaviours going forward will repair everything.”
McLachlan said he would look at whether a new code of conduct for treatment of women should be considered as a result of the incidends

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... spartandhp

Dear lord, I mean, whaaat tha fuck is going on in this two bit shonk house of an organisation?? Seriously, is this Gil CEO duffer five bevvies short of a six pack?

Lets break down the AFL's illustrious shamejobs on the matter shall we.

First we have the man they now refer to as 'God', Gary Ablett Senior is hanging with some teenage girl in a hotel, hours later she's dead.

The man they now refer to as 'King', Wayne Carey, hooks up with his teammates wife and is subsequently honoured with a high paid tv position.

And remember this one? The St Kilda footy club? The teenage school girl who somehow managed to get numerous nude snaps of club players before finding herself in a hotel bed with AFL player agent ricky Nixon approx. 30 years her senior! [-X [-X [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(

And now here we have CEO, the bossman, head honcho of the entire AFL stating that he wants two of his senior afl employees back, the ones who've had affairs with other men's wives and developed a top ten list of female employees to sleep with

:(/

Seriously, there's nothing else to do but point and laugh at this joke of an organisation.

Cant Wait for the next season of the women's afl to start!! :(/ :rofl: :(/ :rofl: :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: The AFL Leaders in treating women...

Post by AFLcrap1 »

This was all hush hush( sweep sweep) untill someone leaked it to the media.
Lol what a disgusting organisation .
The usual spruiking of how great they are ....yet the reality is usually the opposite .doesnt matter if it's racism ...treatment of women ....whatever they say you can bet the opposite is the truth .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol why should he
Everything he posted is true

🤣
Xman wrote
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

This happens everywhere in the workforce in Australia. Nothing new. Only makes news because it happened in a big and known administration such as the AFL and they made a swift action towards it anyway to say its not on.

Move on
EST. 1870
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Li think it is the apparent abuse of power that is the issue? Were the women in question asked to resign also? Or is the implication that because the men were in senior positions there is an equity issue?

And welcome back KE ....been tiring of playing with Terry.... it's just not as fun anymore.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:rofl: Wookiee and docker are like

[BBvideo=[[/BBvideo]

:(/

The NRL have openly accepted issues regarding sexism and worked to create positive change. The afl CEO and Wookie and docker when confronted with sexism in the afl are like ...

[BBvideo=][/BBvideo]

:(/ :cheers: I'm dead right :lol: :\:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol you are not that naive are you Wookie
Acted swiftly.
Fucking lol x1000
They only acted AFTER it was leaked to the media .
Otherwise it would be hush hush ....sweep sweep .

It's the old IMAGE thing for Fumblehouse .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 am
Acted swiftly.
Fucking lol x1000

thats a total guess as usual. Thats all you do, assume assume assume
Briandi01
Team: Saints

Post by Briandi01 »

I trust you've heard NRL gender advisor Catherine Lumby's response to this issue?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 am
Acted swiftly.
Fucking lol x1000

thats a total guess as usual. Thats all you do, assume assume assume
If Gilligan didn't know he should be sacked for being a dill in a public place. If he did know he should be sacked for not acting till the media swooped. Yep sack Gilligan - that's if fumblehouse can find him in southern France - fumbling must be big down there!!!
Briandi01

Post by Briandi01 »

Let me spell it out for you.....from interview with Ms Lumby's this morning.

“If (the women) have got no complaints about the way they were treated, I actually disagree with the AFL’s actions,” she said.

“I don’t think we can start legislating or putting protocols in place about people falling in love or lust in the workplace, because then we’re starting to say that your whole life is your profession.”

Neil Mitchell: Does the infidelity change anything?

Ms Lumby: Oh, for goodness sake’s that’s no one’s business except if you’re religious, then it’s God’s business.

“I think the only time we need to be concerned is if someone who’s powerful – and it’s usually a man – has sex, gets sick of the person, and then uses their power and brings in the heavies and their powers to get rid of the person.

“With sexual behaviour, what I’m concerned about is safe and consensual.”

One can reasonbly conclude from this that the NRL would not take any action, whereas the AFL has.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Briandi01 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:50 pm
Let me spell it out for you.....from interview with Ms Lumby's this morning.

“If (the women) have got no complaints about the way they were treated, I actually disagree with the AFL’s actions,” she said.

“I don’t think we can start legislating or putting protocols in place about people falling in love or lust in the workplace, because then we’re starting to say that your whole life is your profession.”

Neil Mitchell: Does the infidelity change anything?

Ms Lumby: Oh, for goodness sake’s that’s no one’s business except if you’re religious, then it’s God’s business.

“I think the only time we need to be concerned is if someone who’s powerful – and it’s usually a man – has sex, gets sick of the person, and then uses their power and brings in the heavies and their powers to get rid of the person.

“With sexual behaviour, what I’m concerned about is safe and consensual.”

One can reasonbly conclude from this that the NRL would not take any action, whereas the AFL has.
One could also reasonably conclude that the NRL doesn't have to take action because their senior executives choose to keep their pants on around junior female staff.
Briandi01

Post by Briandi01 »

Irrelevant.

Fact is the AFL responded. We wouldn't know if NRL execs are playing up because they would not take any action!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Briandi01 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:25 pm
Irrelevant.

Fact is the AFL responded. We wouldn't know if NRL execs are playing up because they would not take any action!
Ignorant!!

Fact is you just set up the 'ol low hanging straw man argument ya dill!! Stick to the real facts pal. Fumble house senior executives play indoor naked tag with junior employees. Please stay on topic.
Briandi01

Post by Briandi01 »

So, facts are..

1. AFL executives admitted to inappropriate relationships with young women.
2. Said AFL executives stand down.
3. AFL head reiterates what the organisation stands for and backs the move by the two execs to stand down.
4. NRL gender advisor says the AFL are wrong!

So, AFL execs fall on their sword because their behaviour does not align with AFL values. However, if they were NRL execs, everything would be sweet. So as the opening title says,the AFL are Leaders in treating women.