Coward epidemic in AFL.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Coward epidemic in AFL.

Post by Fred »

If you think all afl players are skinny and gangly then you obviously don't watch too much Aussie rules. Having stood next to a few players they were hugh. Not saying they all are like this but a lot are. Don't get me wrong, rl and union players can be massive too and a totally different build. Just look at that add with brown and Cronk ... brown towered over him.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:25 pm
If you think all afl players are skinny and gangly then you obviously don't watch too much Aussie rules. Having stood next to a few players they were hugh. Not saying they all are like this but a lot are. Don't get me wrong, rl and union players can be massive too and a totally different build. Just look at that add with brown and Cronk ... brown towered over him.
They have some tall guys but they hardly look like the gym junkies in the NRL and NFL. You can see weight lifting is nowhere near the part of the AFL training it is in NRL training.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 pm
They have some tall guys but they hardly look like the gym junkies in the NRL and NFL. You can see weight lifting is nowhere near the part of the AFL training it is in NRL training.
There's no doubt RL requires more brute strength overall. So what? It's a different game with a different skill set required
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Different skill set :(/

Sorry butt twerk I just couldn't help cracking up when I read that. But.... This time I totally agree with you!! :rofl:

I don't know what it is with the afl and dog shots and coward punches. Just seems like it's so much more part of the game in the afl. [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Yep. RL shot's like the one on Billy Slater are careless, reckless, miss timed tackles. AFL has multiple players punching an opponent to the head when they're not looking........yep....when they're not looking. That is truly ugly cowardice by low life sniping germs.

But hey........that's the Australian Fumbling League!!! Move on...nothing to see here!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 pm
Definetely ... different game different bodies.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The fumblers are still at it!!!! This time a coward kick to the head!!!! Incredible stuff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -head.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Disgusting .
If he was playing top level fumbles he would probably be called a
HARDMAN .
Be spoken about in the same breath as the other so called HARDMAN ...Benny Dogshot Hill .
Earns his rep for king hitting people .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Hope he gets a life ban
Still not as bad as kicking someone in the head who is already on the ground .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Agree a dog act. 20 years should have been life. Hope he is charged by police.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:40 am
OzTag player faces life ban after allegedly knocking out referee
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-25/o ... 09005509=1
By Lily Mayers

A player who allegedly knocked out a referee during an OzTag game in Sydney's west is facing a life ban from the sport.

Trevor Riley, 22, from the team 14 Strong was sent off the field for inappropriate comments during a men's semi-final game at the Kingsway in St Marys on Thursday night.

As he left the field, Riley allegedly punched the referee in the face, knocking him unconscious.

The referee, Travis Kelly, was taken to Nepean Hospital with a jaw injury.

President of the Penrith OzTag Association Jamie Howard said the player faced a life ban from the sport.

"If he's found guilty, I wouldn't expect he'll be playing OzTag again," he said.

Riley left the scene. Police were called and he was arrested in nearby Werrington Road some time later.

He was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and granted conditional bail to appear at Penrith Local Court next month.

Under his bail conditions he cannot go within 100 metres of the playing fields.

Mr Howard said the referee had been released from hospital.

"He's still a bit sore and he's going to have some further checks and X-rays done today," he said.

"We're collecting our reports off the opposition team and witnesses that saw the incident and then we'll go through our normal judiciary process, where we assess those reports.

"We'll then charge the player with whatever offences we deem necessary.

"We take the safety of the referees extremely seriously and there's no place in any sport for this type of action."

Several witnesses wrote about the alleged incident on Facebook.

Ross Panetta said: "I saw this happen ... could have killed someone ... the poor kid was out for a while ... no need for it."

Tarnya Mair said: "I was near when a young lady who knew him approached and said, 'you could have seriously hurt him! why did you do that for?' He just shrugged his shoulders with a smirk on his face and said 'oh well' then walked off!"

"[The referee's] arm stiffened straight and he hit the deck and was out cold."

Thanks Wook. The bloke will get a life ban for sure.

Also good to see you now acknowledge Oztag as a part of Rugby League. They have hundreds of thousands of players apparently. Great stuff.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:55 am
The_Wookie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:40 am
OzTag player faces life ban after allegedly knocking out referee
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-25/o ... 09005509=1
By Lily Mayers

A player who allegedly knocked out a referee during an OzTag game in Sydney's west is facing a life ban from the sport.

Trevor Riley, 22, from the team 14 Strong was sent off the field for inappropriate comments during a men's semi-final game at the Kingsway in St Marys on Thursday night.

As he left the field, Riley allegedly punched the referee in the face, knocking him unconscious.

The referee, Travis Kelly, was taken to Nepean Hospital with a jaw injury.

President of the Penrith OzTag Association Jamie Howard said the player faced a life ban from the sport.

"If he's found guilty, I wouldn't expect he'll be playing OzTag again," he said.

Riley left the scene. Police were called and he was arrested in nearby Werrington Road some time later.

He was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and granted conditional bail to appear at Penrith Local Court next month.

Under his bail conditions he cannot go within 100 metres of the playing fields.

Mr Howard said the referee had been released from hospital.

"He's still a bit sore and he's going to have some further checks and X-rays done today," he said.

"We're collecting our reports off the opposition team and witnesses that saw the incident and then we'll go through our normal judiciary process, where we assess those reports.

"We'll then charge the player with whatever offences we deem necessary.

"We take the safety of the referees extremely seriously and there's no place in any sport for this type of action."

Several witnesses wrote about the alleged incident on Facebook.

Ross Panetta said: "I saw this happen ... could have killed someone ... the poor kid was out for a while ... no need for it."

Tarnya Mair said: "I was near when a young lady who knew him approached and said, 'you could have seriously hurt him! why did you do that for?' He just shrugged his shoulders with a smirk on his face and said 'oh well' then walked off!"

"[The referee's] arm stiffened straight and he hit the deck and was out cold."

Thanks Wook. The bloke will get a life ban for sure.

Also good to see you now acknowledge Oztag as a part of Rugby League. They have hundreds of thousands of players apparently. Great stuff.
Lol got him
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:21 pm
actually made no such comment, i posted just to show that tuggery wasnt exclusive to the AFl ranks. Oztag itself consider itself a separate sport.
On Oztags official website they describe themselves as thus, "Oztag is a non tackling version of Rugby League". Pretty definitive I would say.

And Wookie I would say 'tuggery' is in fact exclusive to AFL Lololololololololololololol.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

More sickening carryon from cowardly AFL players

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... id=UE07DHP
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

little man syndrome and coward thuggery is some area that the NRLOL dominates the afl in

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 67ed1655ea
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/rugb ... vzn4p.html

lol first two links from a quick google search!
there are loads more links that can be posted
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.