NSW Blues & Qld Maroons the two most popular national teams in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: NSW Blues & Qld Maroons the two most popular national teams in Australia

Post by Fred »

My memory was they were basically begging players to play ... threatening them with sanctions if they said they were injured etc.

I think that is why soo was brought in to Aussie rules as it was league vs league and vfl dominated with the complaint it was as and wa players making up a lot of the vfl team.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:25 pm
Yes it is. Without support of the clubs it's dead in the water
That's not the point pal. You fumblers continually say SOO is not wanted in fumbleball. The dear leader says different and 92% of the fans say the same. Do the clubs run this fumbling mess? Do you have an independent commission with the dear leader in charge? Answers are no......and yes.

It appears you and Wookie don't like SOO but that is purely your fumbleball zealotry coming through. You are incapable of being negative to FB and positive to RL no matter the circumstances. Such is the life of the bubble dwelling fumbler.

in an ideal world SOO would be wonderful, and I'd love it, but not at the cost of our season. NRL fans seem happy to have a compromised season to fit 3 'exhibition' games in. No way I would consider having SOO if it was run in the way the NRL run theirs. I would prefer my team's success 1000 times over compared to a SOO win.

SOO is occasionally discussed on bigfooty and the vast majority support the concept, but do not support the cost it comes with. That's one reason why SOO in Aussie rules died a natural death. Fans, players, and clubs just didnt support the concept over the season proper. Same as the international games v Ireland. Players say 'oh I'd love to play in such a tournament'. Then when it comes time to assemble the team they pull out in huge numbers because in the end it's no where near as important as club success

EXHIBITION games
Jesus just when you think someone couldn't get any further removed from reality ..you post this
It's entering dumbo levels of denial.
They're REPRESENTATIVE games .
Have been since 1980
& before that (pre SOO)they existed from the early 1900s.
You fumblers just post utter tripe every year come SOO time
It eats you up that much that you post untruths ..utter bullshit & delusional crap .
Get a grip
We got rid of the insanity with dumbos posting ..now you want to keep it alive .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:59 am
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 pm

That's not the point pal. You fumblers continually say SOO is not wanted in fumbleball. The dear leader says different and 92% of the fans say the same. Do the clubs run this fumbling mess? Do you have an independent commission with the dear leader in charge? Answers are no......and yes.

It appears you and Wookie don't like SOO but that is purely your fumbleball zealotry coming through. You are incapable of being negative to FB and positive to RL no matter the circumstances. Such is the life of the bubble dwelling fumbler.

in an ideal world SOO would be wonderful, and I'd love it, but not at the cost of our season. NRL fans seem happy to have a compromised season to fit 3 'exhibition' games in. No way I would consider having SOO if it was run in the way the NRL run theirs. I would prefer my team's success 1000 times over compared to a SOO win.

SOO is occasionally discussed on bigfooty and the vast majority support the concept, but do not support the cost it comes with. That's one reason why SOO in Aussie rules died a natural death. Fans, players, and clubs just didnt support the concept over the season proper. Same as the international games v Ireland. Players say 'oh I'd love to play in such a tournament'. Then when it comes time to assemble the team they pull out in huge numbers because in the end it's no where near as important as club success

EXHIBITION games
Jesus just when you think someone couldn't get any further removed from reality ..you post this
It's entering dumbo levels of denial.
They're REPRESENTATIVE games .
Have been since 1980
& before that (pre SOO)they existed from the early 1900s.
You fumblers just post utter tripe every year come SOO time
It eats you up that much that you post untruths ..utter bullshit & delusional crap .
Get a grip
We got rid of the insanity with dumbos posting ..now you want to keep it alive .
To NRL fans they are clearly important. To AFL fans they're a nice idea but just not important
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I don't think If NRL was huge in Perth and Big in Tassie

It would change SOO

3 big things about SOO

you need the clubs on board,
Competition to be intense.. #RIVALRY
REP GAME THAT MAKES MONEY

the AFL ticked none of the above.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I would definitely disagree with number 2. When growing up rivalary was very intense. The whole "kick a vic" campaign for instance.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:15 pm
I would definitely disagree with number 2. When growing up rivalary was very intense. The whole "kick a vic" campaign for instance.
I lived in Adelaide from 91 to 98
ORIGIN (AFL) RIVARLY was never really huge...

it just felt like the crows vs Victoria..

maybe Wookie would know more or how big the Rivarly was..

it was definitely nothing like NSW v QLD
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:01 pm

IMO it was never huge like the NRL SOO, which dominates much of your season. For the AFL it was interesting, and SA and WA loved to take on the Vics, but it was never more than an interesting game amongst a far more important premiership season
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:09 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:01 pm

IMO it was never huge like the NRL SOO, which dominates much of your season. For the AFL it was interesting, and SA and WA loved to take on the Vics, but it was never more than an interesting game amongst a far more important premiership season
yes I would pretty much put it that way..

Though imagine the NRL had the brains to put SOO to end of season or Stand alone

what it would do for the competition H&A season..

it could only mean more GOLD GOLD AND GOLD

but I don't think the NRL have figured this out yet..

Like Geez The Rugby league Federation have scheduled a WORLD CUP FINAL

at the same time as the Cricket ashes test which is in Adelaide and is day night test..

how BRIGHT do you recan they are...
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

SOO in isolation may not work as well as you think. Preseason would mean players wouldnt be as fit and selection would be based on form from many months ago. Post season would be a let down after the GF
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

the ideal way is Standalone 3 weeks mid season
with pacific Nations games in between..

start of season would never work
Post Season is hard because you have internationals at End of year

its all worth a try (don't think NRL have the Ball$ to do so though)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Even mid season is a poor idea. What do your non origin players do? The season would lose momentum too
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

I can hardly believe what I'm hearing from these fumblers . The chosen one has even gone as far as preparing to introduce a wildcard into your completion in order to get some interest back . At the same time over 90% of fumble fans are calling out for some Origin type concept [-(

Help me out here , isn't that a no brainer? And I'm not talking about Gilligan.

Is it any wonder he never got off that island [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:32 pm
I can hardly believe what I'm hearing from these fumblers . The chosen one has even gone as far as preparing to introduce a wildcard into your completion in order to get some interest back . At the same time over 90% of fumble fans are calling out for some Origin type concept [-(

Help me out here , isn't that a no brainer? And I'm not talking about Gilligan.

Is it any wonder he never got off that island [-(
fuck youre a dickhead.
1. a wildcard was mentioned as an option, there's been no mention of any preparations
2. it was to increase interest in all end of season games. It has nothing to do with getting interest back since theres no evidence it has dropped
3. The AFLs survey wasnt every fan, it was a response of those who replied.
4. No matter what those surveyed want, if the clubs, players and fans wont support it then it wont happen
5. You're a dickhead
Last edited by NlolRL on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:32 am
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 pm
Dear oh dear. Anything else pal? Any other excuses? But, but, but, but, but ,but. I particularly like this gem, " If QLD was split into 2 smaller states the SOO concept would be difficult for NRL also." Lolololololololololololololol...........WTF? Fold yaself up in the foetal position until after the SOO series pal and get back to me then.........lololololololoolololololol. Hilarious!!!
You are an ignorant fool.

part of the reason AFL origin is hard to schedule is because there are 3 major states involved, not two. Essentially he's saying that the two minor AFL states (WA/SA) are comparative competitive and talent wise to the NRL splitting QLD in two,

Its not fucking rocket science.

AFL Origin failed because 1)fans didnt give a shit about their clubs player potentially being injured or wasting time in Origin at the expense of a premiership 2) clubs didnt want to release players and 3) players would rather win a premiership than an origin match - they know where the money is.
You are a base level dill. You have repeatedly said we don't need it and we don't want it. The 'we' meaning the game of fumbleball. I have merely pointed out you are wrong. Your dear leader would 'love' to have it - he runs the game. 92% of 60,000 FB fans surveyed want it - surely that means something.

You can list as many reasons why you don't have it you like - it doesn't change the fact that Gilligan would 'love' it and so would 92% of fans. Unless you speak for the whole game you are wrong again.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

92 % [-X
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys