NSW Blues & Qld Maroons the two most popular national teams in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: NSW Blues & Qld Maroons the two most popular national teams in Australia

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:26 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 pm
Bullshit
Just because your sport has no rep scene doesn't mean we discount our rep teams .
The whole afl superiority bullshit is viewed through a narrow domestic prism .
Here's some news .
Many many sports have rep teams .
Most of Those rep teams are popular .
But because your sport hasn't got one then other sports rep teams don't count .

Lol typical fumbler insular thinking.
Our sport doesnt want rep teams. We also arent the ones who keep bringing the afl and its lack of rep teams up.

And Dont fucking put words in my fucking mouth. I never said they dont count, I said they arent comparable to local teams.

Typical NRL fan desperate to prove they are bigger than a domestic comp thinking.
This point was clarified last week Wookie if you remember. Your great leader said in a perfect world they would love to have SOO. He also said surverys revealed that 92% of fumbling fans would like to see SOO back as well.

So either you're wrong or Gilligan is telling lies again - which is possible.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:21 am
You get my point though. It would be like comparing a grand final to a home and away match then?
Why? because it gets ratings like a grand final? Is that the best you can come up with Fred.? Its a rugby league match and should be treated as a Rugby League match. Just because its something different to the shelter little life of the AFL, Just because it generates higher ratings and more interest levels than other matches doesn't mean that it is not a Rugby League match!

[/
size]
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yes it is a rl match just as a grand final is a rl or afl match. But they are special events ???? Hence why comparing a special event with home and away matches is silly. By all means brag about them and they are great but don't compare them to run of the mill home and away.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 pm
Yes it is a rl match just as a grand final is a rl or afl match. But they are special events ???? Hence why comparing a special event with home and away matches is silly. By all means brag about them and they are great but don't compare them to run of the mill home and away.
your club comp is 100% of your season . Our club comp is about 80% of our season. Origin makers up a further 10% of our Season .
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:57 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 pm
your club comp is 100% of your season . Our club comp is about 80% of our season. Origin makers up a further 10% of our Season .
200 odd NRL season games v 3 SOO games means SOO is about 1.5% of your season. :roll:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm
That's just further bullshit Wookie. Your mob have tried and tried but they couldn't pull it off. So they've decided to put all there efforts into there own domestic competition. That's fine. But that not the case with RL. Rep football is just as much apart of our season as your domestic season is to you.

Typical AFL fan , thinking his game superior despite getting less ratings and making less money!
Aussie ruls SOO was very succesful but lost relevance when the competition turned national.

In what universe does the AFL make less money?? :hmm:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 pm
Bullshit
Just because your sport has no rep scene doesn't mean we discount our rep teams .
The whole afl superiority bullshit is viewed through a narrow domestic prism .
Here's some news .
Many many sports have rep teams .
Most of Those rep teams are popular .
But because your sport hasn't got one then other sports rep teams don't count .

Lol typical fumbler insular thinking.
Our sport doesnt want rep teams. We also arent the ones who keep bringing the afl and its lack of rep teams up.

And Dont fucking put words in my fucking mouth. I never said they dont count, I said they arent comparable to local teams.

Typical NRL fan desperate to prove they are bigger than a domestic comp thinking.
This point was clarified last week Wookie if you remember. Your great leader said in a perfect world they would love to have SOO. He also said surverys revealed that 92% of fumbling fans would like to see SOO back as well.

If you read what Wookie said, he claimed the sport doesnt want SOO. He's right, the clubs wont support their best players risking injury for effectively an exhibition game.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:23 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm

If you read what Wookie said, he claimed the sport doesnt want SOO. He's right, the clubs wont support their best players risking injury for effectively an exhibition game.
Oh really!!! So 'the sport' is a different entity to the fumblehouse leader and the 92% of fans who want SOO. Just who represents this 'sport' then pal?? If it's not the great leader and the fans it must be you and Wookie - very powerful dills you two.....lolololololololol.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Yes it is. Without support of the clubs it's dead in the water
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:25 pm
That's not the point pal. You fumblers continually say SOO is not wanted in fumbleball. The dear leader says different and 92% of the fans say the same. Do the clubs run this fumbling mess? Do you have an independent commission with the dear leader in charge? Answers are no......and yes.

It appears you and Wookie don't like SOO but that is purely your fumbleball zealotry coming through. You are incapable of being negative to FB and positive to RL no matter the circumstances. Such is the life of the bubble dwelling fumbler.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 pm
That's not the point pal. You fumblers continually say SOO is not wanted in fumbleball. The dear leader says different and 92% of the fans say the same. Do the clubs run this fumbling mess? Do you have an independent commission with the dear leader in charge? Answers are no......and yes.

It appears you and Wookie don't like SOO but that is purely your fumbleball zealotry coming through. You are incapable of being negative to FB and positive to RL no matter the circumstances. Such is the life of the bubble dwelling fumbler.
in an ideal world SOO would be wonderful, and I'd love it, but not at the cost of our season. NRL fans seem happy to have a compromised season to fit 3 'exhibition' games in. No way I would consider having SOO if it was run in the way the NRL run theirs. I would prefer my team's success 1000 times over compared to a SOO win.

SOO is occasionally discussed on bigfooty and the vast majority support the concept, but do not support the cost it comes with. That's one reason why SOO in Aussie rules died a natural death. Fans, players, and clubs just didnt support the concept over the season proper. Same as the international games v Ireland. Players say 'oh I'd love to play in such a tournament'. Then when it comes time to assemble the team they pull out in huge numbers because in the end it's no where near as important as club success
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 pm

in an ideal world SOO would be wonderful, and I'd love it, but not at the cost of our season. NRL fans seem happy to have a compromised season to fit 3 'exhibition' games in. No way I would consider having SOO if it was run in the way the NRL run theirs. I would prefer my team's success 1000 times over compared to a SOO win.

SOO is occasionally discussed on bigfooty and the vast majority support the concept, but do not support the cost it comes with. That's one reason why SOO in Aussie rules died a natural death. Fans, players, and clubs just didnt support the concept over the season proper.
Firstly: SOO are not exhibition games. You live in the fumbling bubble and have no concept of what these games mean to both states. They are a higher level of competition played over a 3 games series. This is elite sport - the best of the best. Calling them exhibitions is not just disrespectful it is plain base ignorance.

Secondly: the only reason you fumblers ditched the concept is that Vic. has too much of a population advantage over the desert states to make it competitive. The reason RL SOO works is because every game has been a contest and every series an unknown for 37 years. That's why it works and yours doesn't. Simple.

Secondly: the only reason SOO got canned in FB is that it was no longer a contest.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm
Firstly: SOO are not exhibition games. You live in the fumbling bubble and have no concept of what these games mean to both states. They are a higher level of competition played over a 3 games series. This is elite sport - the best of the best. Calling them exhibitions is not just disrespectful it is plain base ignorance.

Secondly: the only reason you fumblers ditched the concept is that Vic. has too much of a population advantage over the desert states to make it competitive. The reason RL SOO works is because every game has been a contest and every series an unknown for 37 years. That's why it works and yours doesn't. Simple.

Secondly: the only reason SOO got canned in FB is that it was no longer a contest.
Correction: NRL SOO are not exhibition games, but that's pretty much all they are to AFL fans. I can understand why NRL fans like them. You finally get an exciting game with a decent crowd. We get that just about every week in the AFL.

The reason AFL SOO fizzled was:
- 3 main states, not merely 2 like in the NRL. 3 states made matchups difficult
- many of our stars were from Qld and NSW and TAS who were excluded from our 3 major states. NRL has no issues here since they have few if any players from AFL states
- When our comp went national the Eagles and Crows were the only teams in each state which was basically like SOO
- Victoria's has two smaller rivalling states, not one like NRL. If QLD was split into 2 smaller states the SOO concept would be difficult for NRL also
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Correction: NRL SOO are not exhibition games, but that's pretty much all they are to AFL fans. I can understand why NRL fans like them. You finally get an exciting game with a decent crowd. We get that just about every week in the AFL.

The reason AFL SOO fizzled was:
- 3 main states, not merely 2 like in the NRL. 3 states made matchups difficult
- many of our stars were from Qld and NSW and TAS who were excluded from our 3 major states. NRL has no issues here since they have few if any players from AFL states
- When our comp went national the Eagles and Crows were the only teams in each state which was basically like SOO
- Victoria's has two smaller rivalling states, not one like NRL. If QLD was split into 2 smaller states the SOO concept would be difficult for NRL also
Dear oh dear. Anything else pal? Any other excuses? But, but, but, but, but ,but. I particularly like this gem, " If QLD was split into 2 smaller states the SOO concept would be difficult for NRL also." Lolololololololololololololol...........WTF? Fold yaself up in the foetal position until after the SOO series pal and get back to me then.........lololololololoolololololol. Hilarious!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Your typical reply when you've been beaten. Cheers