Interesting developments for Qatar 2022 World Cup

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Interesting developments for Qatar 2022 World Cup

Post by post_hoc »

Background

Several Arab nations, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE announced on Monday they were ceasing any diplomatic relationship with Qatar, they have stopped flights to the capital Doha and they have banned their citizens from visiting there.

Al-Alhi (Saudi Club team) have also cancelled the sponsorship arrangement with Qatar airlines, which was renewed in May which is US$21 million per season. Big news

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... a-football
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Interesting developments for Qatar 2022 World Cup

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

5 Years away..

FIFA better make up there minds up quickly...

THE MIDDLE EAST IS A NO GO ZONE

good riddance in taking the POT OF GOLD>>

#JUSTICE
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Can't see this going ahead in the current climate. It should have never have given to them in the first place. If FIFA can prove they've got rid of all the crooks in their ranks I'd like to see Australia get the WC.

Wouldn't that get the fumblers frothing and spitting again...........lololololololol.
Laniger
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Crows

Post by Laniger »

Anyone here considering sashaying off to the soccer thing in Qatar. Got your Arab fancy dress?
Remember....it"s the kidnap capital of the world.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

WISH Australia did get the FIFA world cup..

would be one of the best things to happen to Australian Sport
in regards to Facilities and Infrastructure to sports stadiums
everything would be FASTTRACKED !!! especially rectangle grounds.

and we would of done a hell of a JOB !!
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

I really don't want it, if it gets taken off Qatar, it will be a poison chalice. But leeroy is correct what it would mean for infrastructure here is amazing, and the beauty is it is not one place but shared nationally.

If/when we get it, the biggest beneficiaries besides the Australian people would be Football and the NRL,
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

would love for it to happen but we don't have a much of a chance getting it from them when there are other countries that already have the infrastructure to take it on, on short notice.

if qatar gets stripped, fifa will most likely give it to the US although id love a world cup in the UK though
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

thoughts on last night SFC?

2nd half better 1st half terrible.

McGowan was terrible (so was Smith) Jedi needs to go.

how is 3 at the back working for you?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power

Post by docker24 »

Terry wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 am
Can't see this going ahead in the current climate. It should have never have given to them in the first place. If FIFA can prove they've got rid of all the crooks in their ranks I'd like to see Australia get the WC.

Wouldn't that get the fumblers frothing and spitting again...........lololololololol.
Not as bad as you dry humper when soccer comes to NSW and QLD
EST. 1870
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

post_hoc wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:47 pm

awful to say the least lol, think it has to be one of the worst halves ive ever seen.

3 at the back is really shit when you've got 3 very average and immobile defenders that cant play out/shit themselves when they get pressed and two wingbacks in leckie and smith who have no awareness defensively so there is always space in behind them.

the only thing that frustrated me more was the fuckin cricket pitch. typical adelaide. hard surface ball bouncing like a ping pong ball and wouldn't hold up in the grass. made the game feel like i was watching the npl

jedinak, smith, mcgowan, sainsbury OUUUUTTTTT

and i know rogic isnt the fittest guy in the world, but the guy was gassed by 15th minute ffs
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power

Post by docker24 »

sydneyfc wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 pm

awful to say the least lol, think it has to be one of the worst halves ive ever seen.

3 at the back is really shit when you've got 3 very average and immobile defenders that cant play out/shit themselves when they get pressed and two wingbacks in leckie and smith who have no awareness defensively so there is always space in behind them.

the only thing that frustrated me more was the fuckin cricket pitch. typical adelaide. hard surface ball bouncing like a ping pong ball and wouldn't hold up in the grass. made the game feel like i was watching the npl

and i know rogic isnt the fittest guy in the world, but the guy was gassed by 15th minute ffs
I love when the commentary said right before start of match "two great sides go head to head" :lol:

Arent they both B grade national sides? who struggle to stay in top 50 :lol:
EST. 1870
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

docker24 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:39 pm
sydneyfc wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 pm

I love when the commentary said right before start of match "two great sides go head to head" :lol:

Arent they both B grade national sides? who struggle to stay in top 50 :lol:
pretty much. although the top 50 in fifa rankings is competitive af, there are countries that qualify for the world cup that are ranked closer to 100 but can be competitive....and i dont mean competitive as in rugby league where scotland scores 1 try against australia but gets flogged 60-4 lol, but being able to put up a fight, only lose by a couple of goals and maybe even score one themselves. scoring and winning games against the run of play happens so much more in soccer than in any other code.

in our defence we are in a bit of a lull right now. we have a good mix of some exciting young players that are making noise in europe mixed in with money grabbers that took offers in china over grinding it out in better leagues

thing about soccer though is that even b and c grade sides can beat a grade sides on their day. hence why the world cup has so many teams in it (32) where every game is competitive.....however this will be really tested when it's expanded to 48 teams which i personally believe fifa is biting of more than it can chew. at 32 teams, you generally 32 of the best teams in the world (with a few reputable countries in europe and south america missing out). those countries in europe and south america that miss out will get their chance in an expanded 48 team world cup....but this also means, even worse teams from north america, asia and africa will be able to get in.

im all for B grade sides that are competitive and have ambition to be an A grade side...but fifa is just opening the door for C and D graders now. who knows though, a lot will change from now till then, and it might end up a good decision