AFL fans, Gridiron is professional in two nations not one like Aussie Rules..

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: AFL fans, Gridiron is professional in two nations not one like Aussie Rules..

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yeah sure, they might be down over there because of form lately, or freaking yearly but plenty of other teams have been supported over there for years before the warriors were even thought of. Yet we are not allowed according to cultists from the Rustbelt states to include all our teams in the crowds and tv ratings because the other lot don't have them but at the same time, they don't consider the reverse when talking SA, WA and the ACT. That's the hypocritical part, the part that makes me think Victorians and their cousins next door to the west are all fucking idiots.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Re: AFL fans, Gridiron is professional in two nations not one like Aussie Rules..

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

And Gridiron is played in Two countries professionally, if RL is one game with the SL and its different rules compared to the NRL which has different rules to all other nations, how can you say the US and Canada's versions arent the same sport with a few different interpretations? I'm quite sure if they wanted to, the US and Canada could agree on which official rules they would like to use and play said Internationals, if they wanted to.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:20 am
Yeah sure, they might be down over there because of form lately, or freaking yearly but plenty of other teams have been supported over there for years before the warriors were even thought of. Yet we are not allowed according to cultists from the Rustbelt states to include all our teams in the crowds and tv ratings because the other lot don't have them but at the same time, they don't consider the reverse when talking SA, WA and the ACT. That's the hypocritical part, the part that makes me think Victorians and their cousins next door to the west are all fucking idiots.
Again, if you want to use the figures to argue which sport is more popular in this country by all means include nz stats.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:24 am
And Gridiron is played in Two countries professionally, if RL is one game with the SL and its different rules compared to the NRL which has different rules to all other nations, how can you say the US and Canada's versions arent the same sport with a few different interpretations? I'm quite sure if they wanted to, the US and Canada could agree on which official rules they would like to use and play said Internationals, if they wanted to.

A bit like the abortion that is International Rules between Aussie rules and Gaelic football.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Nothing like it at all seeing as the only rules that would need changing in the Gridiron would be how many downs you have and maybe a less player or something. They only have a couple of rules that are different whereas in fumbleball playing against the Irish sees them change everything from the field to the ball they use and everything in between.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Fred wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 10:19 am
ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:20 am
Again, if you want to use the figures to argue which sport is more popular in this country by all means include nz stats.
Wtf I am talking what the competitions get, how can you exclude some parts of ones competition all because you don't have something similar in your own sport yet you can add whatever stats you like to your sport that my hasn't got and it's ok?

Just like when you lot use junior numbers that have all the auskick participants but the rugby league folk have to use official club registrations, seems fair huh. No wonder I stopped posting here, the hypocrisy and stupidity of some posters was overwhelming.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Totally agree with you para re nz numbers ... add them in however don't use them to state rl is more popular or more people watch it on Australia.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:38 pm
pussycat wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:33 pm

So if we take out NZ ratings and do away with rep football you you thing you might be a chance of knocking us off?
I think we can take you with NZ ratings - which are likely to be lower than the averages i cite from 2014 when we last got any indication- included. The gap aint that big now.

It literally boils down to origin.
So are you going to add in the RL World cup ratings this year? Bearing in mind you have added in the female fumblers and pre season mens fumbling which gives a massive number of games advantage to FB.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 5:16 pm
If it occurs within the calendar year then generally yes they'll be included on the same spreadsheet.

Ill note that AFLW is literally an AFL competition. the RLWC is not an NRL one.

Either way, someone is going to bitch whichever way i go on this.
Fred will of course. I'll note that whilst AFLW is literally an AFL competition they don't actually play in the AFL. Ditto the RLWC. The RLWC games will get RL somewhere near the number of games you will be using for the AFL for aggregate total........so would be very fair comparison.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I'm happy to compare afl season v nrl season. I am even happy to leave out finals and just compare home and away. I also think averages should be the mark not cumulative. I have no idea which comp will win but to me that is the fairest comparison. And if using these figures to say which is more popular in Australia than should be Australian ratings. Exclude all the other competetuons on the calendar and just do an apples v apples comparison.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol how strange .Fred thinks that culmitive ratings that show RL winning are not the mark .
You mob are a riot . Can never accept that your sport gets beaten .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:40 pm
Lol how strange .Fred thinks that culmitive ratings that show RL winning are not the mark .
You mob are a riot . Can never accept that your sport gets beaten .
I acknowledge your sport gets greater accumulative ratings over a year. What I contest is its value. Having continual higher rating games through the year shows the difference in popularity, and we win that every year
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

More eyeballs are watching Rl each year than AFLOL
We win
You lose
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:22 pm
We win
You lose
well actually, no. More chances for the same eye balls to watch. Again, means nothing except maybe the $$ to the network
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 9:15 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:22 pm
We win
You lose
ah thats not necessarily true.

its worth noting that the NRL itself placed its ratings substantially lower than my estimates last year - where i estimated 133 million for the NRL the total figure given by the NRL was less by more than 10 million. (check the annual report)

Also note that the AFL streaming is far higher than NRLs from every report ive seen.
Yes. But you are a fumbleball partisan zealot. So for you to calculate that the NRL flogged the fumblers last year obviously means something otherwise you wouldn't say it.