AFL feeling the heat!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: AFL feeling the heat!

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So stacking a team with talent to ensure their success is not giving them a leg up that other teams don't get .
Lol
You certainly are a brainwashed one
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:00 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm
Such as.............?
Don't fucking act dumb .
Oh wait on ..you've got form .

How about the pick of nearly all the young talent .
that was when they were developing a team from nothing. They get no such favour now, nor last year. Anything else?
lol
No favour last year . Yes they did

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has confirmed salary cap concessions will be scrapped in 2017.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s AFL 360 last night, McLachlan said sides like Greater Western Sydney, who have received concessions since their conception, will now have the “same salary cap as every other team”.

According to the Herald Sun, GWS have an extra $760,000 in their salary cap in 2016 as part of start-up concessions. A further $600,000 is also included as a ‘cost of living allowance’.

These extra provisions in the salary cap, as well as their fortuitous academy zoning, have undoubtedly allowed GWS to become so successful in such a short amount of time. After all, the Giants have only been in the competition for five years and yet they are on their way to a potential grand final berth.

But groups of external AFL supporters view the Giants unfavourably. Many believe the side has been gifted the chance of a possible premiership.

But while the support might not be there, McLachlan believes hard work and strategic list management is the real reason for the Giant’s success.

“There is extraordinary talent on that list that some teams can never execute to get,” McLachlan said. “But on the flip side, I think a lot of credit needs to go to people at the club who have used the system incredibly well. They’ve drafted well, they’ve traded well.”

Their aggressiveness and ‘team mentality’ was also highlighted.

“I look at them and to the success in development, but I look at them and the hunger they have before a game and they’ve developed a culture beyond the talent,” McLachlan said. “They’re an aggressive, tight group and that’s more than talent.”

But those terms can be applied just as easily to their opposition. And unlike GWS, this side has not been given their opportunity on a silver platter.

:(/ :>::

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:05 pm
So stacking a team with talent to ensure their success is not giving them a leg up that other teams don't get .
Lol
You certainly are a brainwashed one
you said the AFL rig the competition so non-heartland clubs succeed. I wouldnt call starting a club with talented kids rigging, especially when it happened years ago. Look at the suns. They havent succeeded at all yet had the same startup as the giants
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:09 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:00 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Don't fucking act dumb .
Oh wait on ..you've got form .

How about the pick of nearly all the young talent .
that was when they were developing a team from nothing. They get no such favour now, nor last year. Anything else?
lol
No favour last year . Yes they did

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has confirmed salary cap concessions will be scrapped in 2017.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s AFL 360 last night, McLachlan said sides like Greater Western Sydney, who have received concessions since their conception, will now have the “same salary cap as every other team”.

According to the Herald Sun, GWS have an extra $760,000 in their salary cap in 2016 as part of start-up concessions. A further $600,000 is also included as a ‘cost of living allowance’.

These extra provisions in the salary cap, as well as their fortuitous academy zoning, have undoubtedly allowed GWS to become so successful in such a short amount of time. After all, the Giants have only been in the competition for five years and yet they are on their way to a potential grand final berth.

But groups of external AFL supporters view the Giants unfavourably. Many believe the side has been gifted the chance of a possible premiership.

But while the support might not be there, McLachlan believes hard work and strategic list management is the real reason for the Giant’s success.

“There is extraordinary talent on that list that some teams can never execute to get,” McLachlan said. “But on the flip side, I think a lot of credit needs to go to people at the club who have used the system incredibly well. They’ve drafted well, they’ve traded well.”

Their aggressiveness and ‘team mentality’ was also highlighted.

“I look at them and to the success in development, but I look at them and the hunger they have before a game and they’ve developed a culture beyond the talent,” McLachlan said. “They’re an aggressive, tight group and that’s more than talent.”

But those terms can be applied just as easily to their opposition. And unlike GWS, this side has not been given their opportunity on a silver platter.

:(/ :>::
I was talking about draft concessions. We all know the COLA was being discontinued. So how is that rigging the competition?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol & cola is replaced by COLA ..just a different name
So there's another advantage Given to a select few ...non heartland clubs
Rent subsidy .
Lol
What a compromised sport followed by brain dead flogs who lap the bullshit up .

There's no level playing field on field in afl .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 7:34 pm
No no what we should do is pretty much guarantee every fucking friday night game to the same fucking club for tv reasons. Also we should never show Melbourne or Canberra on FTA television unless we really have to because who gives a shit about the small markets.

Then we shouldnt give a shit about our crowds at all, after all who needs them - we should just be content with what we have I guess and never seek to improve it.

Theres a reason that your fucking half arsed run competition comes second to the AFL on almost every business metric.
You pretty much do , a select few anyrate. is this the 5 or 6th straight week the Bulldogs have been on?. The TV stations want to recoup there money , I don't see a problem with that but this decision to make radical changes came from Gil[ligan] himself . As for Canberra - Melbourne Im pretty sure they have both been shown on FTA this year and they'll both be shown again over the next couple of weeks.

Yes, there is a reason why were no1 when it comes to ratings each year (less matches) - a clear indication we're more popular. Just as there is a reason why we have accumulated more revenue over the past 5 years than you have over the past 6, there is a reason why we make more money than you. We are not an organisation that has its sole operations limited to South of the Murray River.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Well why in the fark do you think there doing it???? the most staunch AFL supporters, even Gilligan himself openly admit that they have resorted to using a lucky door raffle to try and get some interest during this period.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 pm
Well why in the fark do you think there doing it???? the most staunch AFL supporters, even Gilligan himself openly admit that they have resorted to using a lucky door raffle to try and get some interest during this period.
theyre doing it to potentially improve the product for more interest, just like the NRL and their flexible schedule, their isolated games, and showing the Broncos on Friday night FTA almost every week. Why do they do that? Because theyre struggling?

Also, they are considering many different options for the 17/5. To suggest theyve made a final decision on how it will run is complete BS.

I've shown you evidence the AFLs crowds dont suffer in the last 5 rounds. Have you got any proof yet that the ratings do? Or is this just another BS thread of yours?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 pm
theyre doing it to potentially improve the product for more interest, just like the NRL and their flexible schedule, their isolated games, and showing the Broncos on Friday night FTA almost every week. Why do they do that? Because theyre struggling?

Also, they are considering many different options for the 17/5. To suggest theyve made a final decision on how it will run is complete BS.

I've shown you evidence the AFLs crowds dont suffer in the last 5 rounds. Have you got any proof yet that the ratings do? Or is this just another BS thread of yours?
Explaining colours to the blind who be a much easier task !

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

He's gotta be close to the dumbest fumbler on here.
Why is he ignoring the WILDCARD .
Lol

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Hey!!!
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 am
He's gotta be close to the dumbest fumbler on here.
Why is he ignoring the WILDCARD .
Lol
Here is what the article says:
Writing in The Age, 3AW Football's Caroline Wilson has revealed the AFL wants to split the competition into three groups - top, middle and bottom - for the final four games of the season.

The middle group could potentially battle for finals wildcards, while draft advantages would provide incentive for the competition's bottom sides.
So group 1 make up the top 6 positions for the final 8, group 2 fight for the 7th and 8th 'wildcard' positions in the finals, and group 3 fight for the best draft positions.

That would still be the top 8 sides making the finals. The use of the term wildcard is misleading
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Explaining colours to the blind who be a much easier task !
found those ratings dips in the last 5 rounds yet? :-k
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

For mine, I think this is just more of the afl being on the front foot. Criticism of the season being unbalanced or unfair has long been an issue with not all clubs playing each other twice. There is also the issue where we have games that mean nothing toward the end of the season. Two teams with no chance of playing final set etc. so I think this is just a way to ensure every game has some meaning to it. I don't like the idea of wild cards though ... stupid I think but have advocated for many of the things mentioned in years gone by.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I think lack of interest was the word they used Fred.