AFL feeling the heat!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

AFL feeling the heat!

Post by pussycat »

AFL fixture set for major shake-up?

Date May 16, 2017

The AFL fixture is in for a major shake up and could even include finals wildcards.
:(/ :(/ :(/
A proposal to reset the home and away season after round 18 will be put to club bosses this week.

Writing in The Age, 3AW Football's Caroline Wilson has revealed the AFL wants to split the competition into three groups - top, middle and bottom - for the final four games of the season.

The middle group could potentially battle for finals wildcards, while draft advantages would provide incentive for the competition's bottom sides.

A second bye would also be included.

If backed by the clubs the shake up, aimed at boosting attendance and TV ratings in the later rounds, could be in place as early as next year.

Desperate to improve there ratings - the AFL has stooped to bastardising there competition :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Re: AFL feeling the heat!

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 11:21 am
fuck off and come back when you have a clue. Seriously these threads are fucking tiresome.

it has everything to do with trying to even up a fixture which has been unbalanced since 1987.
How's this for a a clue? Its about attempting to get some interest back in the latter rounds of the AFL? Wildcards :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: what will think of next - lucky raffle numbers , Set up a third set of posts for people who try hard?

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Pussy, I seem to remember the AFL beat the NRL in every Friday night ratings comparison towards the end of last season, so the reason is certainly NOT struggling ratings. Pretty funny given the NRL had an adjustable schedule in the last few rounds to increase ratings, didnt they?

The AFL are considering this for two reasons:
1. Even up what is currently a very uneven draw. At the moment we have 18 teams playing in 23 rounds, so some teams play each other twice, others only once. This new system would see every team play each other once, then the last 5 weeks split into the top, middle and bottom 6. It's certainly much fairer
2. To improve on the current schedule so the last 5 weeks have all matches that are more relevant. This isnt because they are struggling with crowds or ratings. It's an improvement on the current model. Isnt that the exact reason the NRL have a flexible schedule in the last few weeks of their season?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

fuck off and come back when you have a clue. Seriously these threads are fucking tiresome.

it has everything to do with trying to even up a fixture which has been unbalanced since 1987.
Lol
The AFL EVENING up the fixture while they rig the comp for non heartland teams . :(/ :(/

Seriously what is wrong with you fumblers .
The most compromised comp in Aust sport & the dumb fans talk about how caring the afl is trying to even up the comp.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (47.71 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Lol
The AFL EVENING up the fixture while they rig the comp for non heartland teams . :(/ :(/

The most compromised comp in Aust sport & the dumb fans talk about how caring the afl is trying to even up the comp.
well the fixture does even up with the proposed 17/5 schedule. Tell me which non-heartland teams are advantaged now?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 12:38 pm
Pussy, I seem to remember the AFL beat the NRL in every Friday night ratings comparison towards the end of last season, so the reason is certainly NOT struggling ratings. Pretty funny given the NRL had an adjustable schedule in the last few rounds to increase ratings, didnt they?

1. Even up what is currently a very uneven draw. At the moment we have 18 teams playing in 23 rounds, so some teams play each other twice, others only once. This new system would see every team play each other once, then the last 5 weeks split into the top, middle and bottom 6. It's certainly much fairer
2. To improve on the current schedule so the last 5 weeks have all matches that are more relevant. This isnt because they are struggling with crowds or ratings. It's an improvement on the current model. Isnt that the exact reason the NRL have a flexible schedule in the last few weeks of their season?

You must have a pretty poor memory then.

Its not me making these decision , its not even Caroline, Its the AFL's. Gill is the one bringing this in, And the reason he's doing that is, in his words , to try and put some interest back in the later rounds of the competition - both ratings and crowds. So why are you disputing this?

try to stick to the facts, the real ones. "If backed by the clubs the shake up, aimed at boosting attendance and TV ratings in the later rounds, could be in place as early as next year."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/afl-fixture- ... w5jwv.html

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Its not me making these decision , its not even Caroline, Its the AFL's. Gill is the one bringing this in, And the reason he's doing that is, in his words , to try and put some interest back in the later rounds of the competition - both ratings and crowds. So why are you disputing this?

try to stick to the facts, the real ones. "If backed by the clubs the shake up, aimed at boosting attendance and TV ratings in the later rounds, could be in place as early as next year."

I know exactly who is evaluating this proposal and why. I have absolutely no issue with the AFL trying to maximise ratings and crowds with a more interesting fixture. But dont kid yourself its because they feel theyre failing, especially given our late rounds outrated yours last year
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 1:22 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Lol

well the fixture does even up with the proposed 17/5 schedule. Tell me which non-heartland teams are advantaged now?
Try GWS for starters .
When you work out the on field advantages they get .that heartland teams don't .
You might have a clue

🀣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Such as.............?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 2:02 pm
pussycat wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 1:58 pm

I know exactly who is evaluating this proposal and why. I have absolutely no issue with the AFL trying to maximise ratings and crowds with a more interesting fixture. But dont kid yourself its because they feel theyre failing, especially given our late rounds outrated yours last year
Obviously you don't know. Your initial post on the subject makes that quiet clear. Your early rounds were down about 9% last year and they didn't get much better. In comparison our ratings were up considerably.

Gil obviously thinks differently to you that's why he has instigated the change.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

the issue has been discussed extensively on bigfooty. How to even our fixture has been debated for years and this is one of the proposals, along with a conference type structure like the NBA. The advantage of the 17/5 schedule is it has every team playing once before the final 5 weeks of 'divisions'. It also results in more even and relevant games in the last 5 weeks. The added benefit is potentially more ratings and better crowds.

I'm not sure why you have an issue with it. The NRL have adjusted fixtures to suite ratings for years
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 7:01 pm
the issue has been discussed extensively on bigfooty. How to even our fixture has been debated for years and this is one of the proposals, along with a conference type structure like the NBA. The advantage of the 17/5 schedule is it has every team playing once before the final 5 weeks of 'divisions'. It also results in more even and relevant games in the last 5 weeks. The added benefit is potentially more ratings and better crowds.

I'm not sure why you have an issue with it. The NRL have adjusted fixtures to suite ratings for years
Bullshit!

There two separate proposal. Caroline Wilson reported on this just a couple of days ago - its a radical new plan to try and get some interest back in your later rounds. I don't have a problem with it but but but the decision to alter TV scheduling then next year to introduce a lucky door prize to your completion does reek of desperation.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm
NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Bullshit!

There two separate proposal. Caroline Wilson reported on this just a couple of days ago - its a radical new plan to try and get some interest back in your later rounds. I don't have a problem with it but but but the decision to alter TV scheduling then next year to introduce a lucky door prize to your completion does reek of desperation.
theres no evidence the later rounds rate worse than any other round :roll:

In fact if you look at the total attendance per round last year, other than the first few rounds, the later rounds appear about the same. http://afltables.com/afl/crowds/2016.html Have you got any evidence that the last few rounds rate worse?

The suggestion is to even up the fixture and increase interest in the last 5 rounds. Good on them for coming up with some interesting ideas
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm
Such as.............?
Don't fucking act dumb .
Oh wait on ..you've got form .

How about the pick of nearly all the young talent .

🀣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 pm
NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm
Such as.............?
Don't fucking act dumb .
Oh wait on ..you've got form .

How about the pick of nearly all the young talent .
that was when they were developing a team from nothing. They get no such favour now, nor last year. Anything else?