Footy in China

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Footy in China

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:11 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:37 pm
Terry wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm

No. But are you blind pal?? One look at the stadium tells you it's nothing like a sellout. You fumbleball types are incredible. Fumblehouse makes a statement and you all nod in unison and pat each other on the back. Have a look around you, ask questions, be inquisitive, get your own life. Living life as a fumbleball drone is not good.
youre kidding yourself. You honestly think any AFL fans are patting backs over a crowd of 10k?
Lol go read the opening post .
he sucks you fools in every single time. It's quite comical
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:19 pm
Let's see what ratings in China fumblehouse put out.......that'll be another Monty Python's moment. I'm betting somewhere between 20m and 100m........lololololololololol. All totally unverifiable of course so the fumbling zealots will just nod in unison again.....lololololololol....dills.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:09 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:37 pm
Terry wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm

No. But are you blind pal?? One look at the stadium tells you it's nothing like a sellout. You fumbleball types are incredible. Fumblehouse makes a statement and you all nod in unison and pat each other on the back. Have a look around you, ask questions, be inquisitive, get your own life. Living life as a fumbleball drone is not good.
youre kidding yourself. You honestly think any AFL fans are patting backs over a crowd of 10k?
You still don't get it pal. There weren't 10,000 people there. There wasn't a large section of the crowd that were locals. Fumblehouse tells you lies pal. Please try to break free.
McLachlan didn't have exact figures on how many locals attended the game, but predicted there were around "2-3000".
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Okay I will spell it out for you Terry.

If I have 10,000 seats and sell all available seats regardless of how many turn up ... that is a sell out.

If I have free entry and so many people turn up that I have to lock the gates as the place is full... that is a lockout.

If there are 10000 seats for sale and everyone seat is full that is the ground being at capacity ... this could also be a sellout or a lockout.

Hope that's clear.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

When there are 1000s of seats available that's not a sellout .
No matter how the afl media spin it .
What we're all the empty spaces ?
Members not turning up :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:59 am
not sure you understand the concept of sellout. There were some empty seats in a few areas, but most of the ground looked pretty full.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

unless of course there were only say 7000 seats for actual sale and 3000 given to sponsors and businesses in general who didn't turn up .... that would be my guess. And all seats that could be sold .... were. I think with the promotional nature of the game that is very likely and indeed plausible.
Veni, vidi, vici
Vlad Tepes
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Sydney FC
Been liked: 0

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Vast sections of the stadium empty, many of the fans travelling Aussies, followed by a typical game of VFL which must have had the local Chinese truly perplexed ie loads of grown men fumbling and yet another blowout score line. Oh dear.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 am
not sure you understand the concept of sellout. There were some empty seats in a few areas, but most of the ground looked pretty full.
Im not sure you grasp the most common logic, you seen the crowd . There's is no way the ground was half full and despite the camera man panning to the Chinese in the crowd every chance he got. You could see from a few full crowd shots that the majority wer'nt Chinese.

The game was a F....en embarrassment - a disgrace. Next time some bright spark at AFL headquarters wants to try to promote the game overseas take it to North Korea.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

It seems the AFL has really captured the hearts and minds in China. Chinees government radio just announced that 6.28 Trillion people tuned in to watch what the Chinese people affectionately call Poky Poky what a jokey.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& im really fascinated by the mind numbing moronic thinking of fumble fans .

They see the massive empty spaces in the photos yet still think ..sell out .
Or try to justify the spaces .
Lol
We laugh at afl for the simple reason that it thrives on propaganda .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves
Team: warriors Hurricanes All Blacks
Been liked: 0

Post by rugby365 »

Good on you guys for trying something new. Same with the Wolfpack, you cant mock an organisation for giving it a shot. Rugby is trying to do that same with its 100mil investment.

However I though that would have at least tried a place closer to home like singapore etc.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 am
Im not sure you grasp the most common logic, you seen the crowd . There's is no way the ground was half full and despite the camera man panning to the Chinese in the crowd every chance he got. You could see from a few full crowd shots that the majority wer'nt Chinese.

The game was a F....en embarrassment - a disgrace. Next time some bright spark at AFL headquarters wants to try to promote the game overseas take it to North Korea.
the ground was 80-90% full. A port fan on BF went and said it was too hot in the sun for many people so they stood in the hospitality tents.

No one expected the game to be a raging success.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think a lot of tickets would have been given away to sponsors with a lot of them not turning up. If all available seats were sold .... that's a sell out.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 6:15 pm
pussycat wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 am

the ground was 80-90% full. A port fan on BF went and said it was too hot in the sun for many people so they stood in the hospitality tents.

No one expected the game to be a raging success.

But but but. Those pictures clearly show the ground was less than half full. So where were the other half standing ? I actually watched the first 10 mins of the fumbleathon and the stadium was just as empty at the start as it was at the end. How typical of the AFL to announce the game as a sell out. Typical typical corrupt bullshit organisation.