NRL's ilicit drugs policy working a treat

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

NRL's ilicit drugs policy working a treat

Post by NlolRL »

Rugby league has been plunged into crisis with alleged cocaine scandals involving a club chairman and three players in three separate incidents over the weekend.

Despite the spate of alleged incidents involving high-profile players and an administrator, one club boss has denied the sport has a drugs problem.

Cronulla Sharks chairman Damian Keogh has stood down after his arrest on Friday night for alleged drug possession.

Meanwhile, a Canberra man has appeared in court after allegedly selling cocaine to Kiwis captain Jesse Bromwich and teammate Kevin Proctor after their Test loss to Australia in the city on Friday evening.
http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/rugby-l ... incidents/
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: NRL's ilicit drugs policy working a treat

Post by Fred »

Some of the headlines have been right up there.

Best comment I've heard .... on a weekend when the nrl where meant to be taking a breath they took a snort. Gold.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

yes, these people need to be punished . Something your corrupt game knows nothing about.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don't know. My team lost two players for two years.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

These people need to be punished . Something your corrupt game knows nothing about. sweep, sweep

'"The AFL Players Association is preparing for an emergency meeting with the Gold Coast Suns players on Thursday as it seeks a way of dealing with the cocaine scandal." That's one way with dealing with it I suppose :(/ :(/ :(/

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 7:19 pm
Bullshit!!!!!!! Not for using recreational drugs

What is the AFL policy Fred? 3 strikes......... followed by a stern warning [-(

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You'd know more on that than me I would reckon. I do know of the 3 strike policy and whilst I know where they are coming from from a treatment perspective and player welfare I think it is one strike too many.

If a player is arrested by the police in a raid this would be a totally different outcome as public knowledge then... which I think was the case in this instance.

Regardless, how stupid do these players and official have to be???
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 7:54 pm
Fred wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 7:19 pm
Bullshit!!!!!!! Not for using recreational drugs

What is the AFL policy Fred? 3 strikes......... followed by a stern warning [-(
No one is saying the AFL is perfect but I cant remember the AFL having such an astounding week as the NRL just did. The number of strikes is irrelevant. It's either working or it isnt, and clearly your policy isnt. No surprise really given you leave testing up to the clubs :rofl:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

You must have a short memory , half the suns were involved in this one
'"The AFL Players Association is preparing for an emergency meeting with the Gold Coast Suns players on Thursday as it seeks a way of dealing with the cocaine scandal." sweep sweep sweep.

IT HAS been revealed the drugs scandal involving GWS Giants star Lachie Whitfield is the result of emails his ex-girlfriend sent to ASADA.

'The woman reportedly contacted the anti-doping authority about Whitfield’s behaviour when no action was taken after she first raised the issue with GWS officials'
"Whitfield was the subject of an AFL investigation after allegations emerged on Tuesday he had stayed at the house of then-Giants player welfare boss Craig Lambert to avoid drug testers at his own home."
'His former partner reportedly contacted GWS football operations boss Graeme Allan about the matter in May 2015, but was apparently unsatisfied with the lack of action taken
.' what a corrupt organisation - its worse than the Catholic church. Sweep sweep sweep [-(
"GWS CEO Dave Matthews said an independent investigation vindicated the Giants midfielder and found no significant basis to support allegations he had reportedly attempted to avoid illicit drug testing.

The AFL has completed an investigation into the allegation, however, they have yet to release their findings and on Tuesday could not give a time frame for when that would happen."
Sweep sweep sweep

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 9:36 pm
'"The AFL Players Association is preparing for an emergency meeting with the Gold Coast Suns players on Thursday as it seeks a way of dealing with the cocaine scandal." sweep sweep sweep.

IT HAS been revealed the drugs scandal involving GWS Giants star Lachie Whitfield is the result of emails his ex-girlfriend sent to ASADA.

'The woman reportedly contacted the anti-doping authority about Whitfield’s behaviour when no action was taken after she first raised the issue with GWS officials'
"Whitfield was the subject of an AFL investigation after allegations emerged on Tuesday he had stayed at the house of then-Giants player welfare boss Craig Lambert to avoid drug testers at his own home."
'His former partner reportedly contacted GWS football operations boss Graeme Allan about the matter in May 2015, but was apparently unsatisfied with the lack of action taken
.' what a corrupt organisation - its worse than the Catholic church. Sweep sweep sweep [-(
"GWS CEO Dave Matthews said an independent investigation vindicated the Giants midfielder and found no significant basis to support allegations he had reportedly attempted to avoid illicit drug testing.

The AFL has completed an investigation into the allegation, however, they have yet to release their findings and on Tuesday could not give a time frame for when that would happen."
Sweep sweep sweep
From memory the Suns scandal revolved around an ex NRL player :(/
Whitfield was suspended for 6 months :roll:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Oops lol
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Sweep sweep sweep
Sweep sweep

What NRL club did this bloke play for

PHOTOS have emerged of Gold Coast Suns youngster Harley Bennell with what appear to be lines of illicit drugs.

The Herald Sun has obtained and released images showing Bennell racking up five lines of white powder on a hotel desk while holding a rolled-up banknote.

The photos are said to have been were taken in Launceston in March 2013 — nine days before the Suns’ Round 1 clash with St Kilda — after Bennell had allegedly spent a big night drinking.

REPLAY GOLD COAST’S PRESS CONFERENCE IN OUR PLAYER ABOVE

Gold Coast Suns AFL player Harley Bennell with lines of white powder (centre-left of picture) in 2013, in images sourced by the Herald Sun.
Gold Coast Suns AFL player Harley Bennell with lines of white powder (centre-left of picture) in 2013, in images sourced by the Herald Sun.
Source: Supplied
Gold Coast Suns AFL player Harley Bennell with lines of white powder (obscured) in 2013, in images sourced by the Herald Sun.
Gold Coast Suns AFL player Harley Bennell with lines of white powder (obscured) in 2013, in images sourced by the Herald Sun.
Source: Supplied
The emergence of the photos comes after reports by the Herald Sun that code-hopper Karmichael Hunt’s has made allegations that up to 12 Suns teammates players have used cocaine with him – allegations which at least 4 of the players are denying. The Herald Sun has reported that Bennell is one of the players Hunt has named.

The Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission said on Wednesday it had no immediate plans to charge any more professional footballers in the wake of Hunt’s claims.

AFL head of corporate affairs Elizabeth Lukin said the AFL was aware of the photographs and had made contact with the club and representatives of Bennell.

“The AFL is very mindful of the health and welfare of the player involved, and will work closely with the club to manage this issue,” Lukin said.

“The AFL CEO, Gillon McLachlan said at the beginning of 2015 that the illicit drugs policy needed to be reviewed ... and that there was increasing industry evidence that the policy needed changes to make it more effective.

“The AFL is working with the Players Association and the Clubs to make changes to strengthen the policy.”

After being made aware of the photos, Suns chief executive Andrew Travis said: “Our first priority is the genuine concern for the player involved. Other issues will be considered over the coming days.”

READ THE FULL STORY AND SEE MORE PICTURES HERE AT THE HERALD SUN
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.65 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bhaaaaa
Whitfield,
Most of his suspension was in the Off Season .
That's showing him
You can't play .....um even though the season is over.
Lol,.

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Sweep sweep sweep
An Ex NRL player :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's one way of saying it, another is a current Suns player. Sweep Sweep Sweep

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Clubs have questioned the AFL’s illicit drugs policy after recently retired Collingwood star Dane Swan admitted to taking recreational drugs during his highly decorated career.

Clubs who did not want to be named yesterday for fear of breaching a confidentiality clause in the code, queried the value of the three-strikes policy after Swan claimed he had joined fallen West Coast champion and fellow Brownlow medallist Ben Cousins by never testing positive despite a history of illicit drug use.

Swan, who has been working the media circuit to promote the release of a book Dane Swan — My Story, told the Herald Sun he took illicit drugs during his 258-game career with Collingwood.

“I also have never received a strike against my name in 15 years of AFL football,” Swan said. “Not one positive test under the AFL’s illicit drugs policy, which, given the amount of times I was tested, proves that drugs have never been an issue through my career, despite what some people have implied.”

Swan did not reveal how many times he had actually been tested. The AFL had publicised results of their testing since 2005, but stopped after 2013 following pressure from the players’ union.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 78141739d7

Lol
Another fumbler taking a pot shot at the NRL when the AFl is just as bad .

Young rich sportsmen & women take recreational drugs ..
The dumb ones get caught .

🤣
Xman wrote