What can be done to save Rugby League from becoming a third tier sport?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Jade's
Team: Richmond
Been liked: 0

What can be done to save Rugby League from becoming a third tier sport?

Post by Jade's »

As we all know the AFL has become the clear number one sport in Australia with huge fan base, enormous financial resources, a truely national competition and the best product on offer.

Men want to be AFL players, girls want to be with AFL players.

NRL on the other hand was once claimed as a worthy rival of The AFL. They had a stronghold in NSW and Qld and had good tv audiences. Over the last 20'years they have slipped from a rival into a laughing stock as failed League splits, failed expansion and a crap product turned crowds away to the point where the AFL has stolen the hearts and minds of the locals in League heartland.

With soccer also making inroads I ask the question what can be done to save rugby league from becoming an amateur sport?

I think they need to start by reducing the number of teams to ensure that everyone playing at the elite level is actually a talented athlete as the skill level of the sport is currently non existent
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: What can be done to save Rugby League from becoming a third tier sport?

Post by Terry »

Jade's wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 am
As we all know the AFL has become the clear number one sport in Australia with huge fan base, enormous financial resources, a truely national competition and the best product on offer.

Men want to be AFL players, girls want to be with AFL players.

NRL on the other hand was once claimed as a worthy rival of The AFL. They had a stronghold in NSW and Qld and had good tv audiences. Over the last 20'years they have slipped from a rival into a laughing stock as failed League splits, failed expansion and a crap product turned crowds away to the point where the AFL has stolen the hearts and minds of the locals in League heartland.

With soccer also making inroads I ask the question what can be done to save rugby league from becoming an amateur sport?

I think they need to start by reducing the number of teams to ensure that everyone playing at the elite level is actually a talented athlete as the skill level of the sport is currently non existent

I think the better question is: "What can be done to save Jade from becoming the laughing stock of internet trolling?"
Jade's

Post by Jade's »

Terry plz

Last edited by Jade's on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Welcome Jade to the forum..

Yes why AFL lead the Front in many aspects as the number one code in Australia.
in regards to revenue and crowds and membership..

the NRL is still doing very well, and to regard it as a amateur sport is abit stupid..
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think nrl need to look at expanding their game to non traditional areas and a team in Perth would be a start. They also need to focus on building grassroots both in traditional and non traditional areas otherwise what we have seen happen to ru may happen to rl.
Veni, vidi, vici
Jade's

Post by Jade's »

Fred wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:44 am
I think nrl need to look at expanding their game to non traditional areas and a team in Perth would be a start. They also need to focus on building grassroots both in traditional and non traditional areas otherwise what we have seen happen to ru may happen to rl.
it is a bit of a double edged sword. They need expansion into new markets to survive but expansion itself could bring about the end more quickly if the product isn't right. It is difficult so see an Adelaide or Perth team succeeding financially in such AFL strongholds whereas the AFL seems to have successfully gained a foothold in the nsw and qld markets at both the elite level as well as with junior participation.

I would look to fold some of the lesser Sydney teams like the rabbits, tigers, panthers and dragons and relocate one of these to the NT which doesn't have a professional sporting organisation and one to west Brisbane / Ipswich / toowoomba which is real league heartland. Reducing the number of teams will also bring to the forefront the higher talented players rather than some of the scrubbers currently pretending to be professional atheletes. The next rule would be that these atheletes have to be able to run a minimum 13 on the beep test to get paid.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Jade's wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 pm
it is a bit of a double edged sword. They need expansion into new markets to survive but expansion itself could bring about the end more quickly if the product isn't right. It is difficult so see an Adelaide or Perth team succeeding financially in such AFL strongholds whereas the AFL seems to have successfully gained a foothold in the nsw and qld markets at both the elite level as well as with junior participation.

I would look to fold some of the lesser Sydney teams like the rabbits, tigers, panthers and dragons and relocate one of these to the NT which doesn't have a professional sporting organisation and one to west Brisbane / Ipswich / toowoomba which is real league heartland. Reducing the number of teams will also bring to the forefront the higher talented players rather than some of the scrubbers currently pretending to be professional atheletes. The next rule would be that these atheletes have to be able to run a minimum 13 on the beep test to get paid.
I think the next rule is that Jade should go home to mama rather than waste time trolling 101.
Jade's

Post by Jade's »

Terry wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:47 pm
Jade's wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 pm

I think the next rule is that Jade should go home to mama rather than waste time trolling 101.
Look at Terry the filthy button masher. Bet snitching gets you a heap of women... flog
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Well folks it looks like we have another idiot in the village. Lets all welcome Jayde and hope she has a wonderful time.
Jade's

Post by Jade's »

Terry wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:57 pm
Well folks it looks like we have another idiot in the village. Lets all welcome Jayde and hope she has a wonderful time.
Come on Terrance you filthy masher let's not sook it up too much just yet
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Another in a long line of mentally challenged fumblers
Posts are made that have little to do with reality .
But then again fumble reality & normal person reality are worlds apart
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm
Another in a long line of mentally challenged fumblers
Posts are made that have little to do with reality .
But then again fumble reality & normal person reality are worlds apart
your astounding talent at generalising is worlds apart from reality too
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Um
Judging by the utter loons
Nutters
Compulsive liars
Stalkers etc we've had on here in the last few years all from fumblelaad side of the fence I'm not generalising at all .

I

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 pm
Um
Judging by the utter loons
Nutters
Compulsive liars
Stalkers etc we've had on here in the last few years all from fumblelaad side of the fence I'm not generalising at all .

I
and you think some of the RL characters werent as bad?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Such as

If anyone is on the same class as
NRLcrap1
Cos
Dingbat
Swines
Then let me know
RD was probably the most extreme on our side

🤣
Xman wrote