Most racist sport in Aust

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the most Racist sport in Aust?

AFL
52%
RL
19%
RU
No votes
Soccer
24%
other
5%

Total votes: 21

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Most racist sport in Aust

Post by Fred »

Don't speak facts Nrol !!!
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:puke:

Would ya just listen to the afl fans backing their dumb leader like brainwashed North Koreans bowing down to Kim Jong Un !

"He met with the afl" they scream whilst completely ignoring the seriousness of the issue at hand.

The afls social inclusion lackey ambushed lumumba in a desperate attempt to follow orders by their dictator to meet with the guy and do whatever you can to make him be quiet about the culture of racism rife within the afl. Being indigenous, the social inclusion officer seemed to know she was batting for the wrong team as lumumba tells us she was trembling and 'caught between two places'...the two places being Her job and the lucrative afl pay packet and her job within an institution that acts to cover up and deny racism, her job within a gutless weak racist institution.

I hope she sees the light and follows lumumbas lead in outing this filthy unaustralian organisation. [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

You know he's not aboriginal ?
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Re read post Freddo

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Good read here
Disgusting culture & still AFL house is saying one thing while doing the opposite

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... sm-i-faced

Monday 11 September 2017 11.50 AEST Last modified on Monday 11 September 2017 15.04 AEST

I loved playing football. I gave 12 years of my life to playing the game professionally. But those years were also marked by the pain of being trapped in a culture that condoned racism through a combination of ignorance, habit, and arrogance. In the end, the message to a young, black man like me was clear: I was only of value if I didn’t challenge the status quo.

In the past few weeks, I have re-lived the events that marked my final years of football. I have been repeatedly questioned about my experience – nine years of working in a culture where I was called “black merkin”, a “ni**er”, and a “slave” – all in the name of “fun”. I’ve been painted as mentally unwell, and once again my experiences have been dismissed by the institutions who have a duty to address them.

I find it worrying that both Collingwood and AFL officials have continually cast direct and and indirect aspersions on my mental health and wellbeing. I have been upfront about my struggles with depression in the past. It’s not unusual that a professional athlete might struggle under the enormous stress of performing at such levels. To see this history weaponised as a reason to now dismiss or discourage reporting on my story is deeply troubling and a dangerous precedent in a society where we are trying to encourage people to speak out about their difficulties.

My desire to see young Indigenous players and young players of colour come up through the sport that profits from their talents without being subjected to environments that belittle and humiliate them is not the result of ongoing or unresolved mental health issues.

In the past few days, the AFL has also responded to my story by announcing that it is a “national leader” with a strong record in the fight against racism, all while refusing to address or dignify the substance of my claims – despite former team-mates coming forward to confirm that they either witnessed or experienced the culture I have described.

What kind of “leading” anti-racist organisation would allow Adam Goodes, its highest profile Indigenous player, to be subjected to racist bullying without immediately condemning it? Or allow a club president like Eddie McGuire to compare that same player to an ape with no substantial sanctions or penalties such as those which are swiftly applied by sporting codes overseas?

The AFL’s reactions in these situations were more than incompetence. Their silence and inaction created dangerous public precedents for what kind of behaviours are deemed acceptable and appropriate.

There’s also a healthy degree of hypocrisy when the AFL preaches multiculturalism and inclusion on one hand, but continues to promote its brand via a program like the Footy Show which has been notorious for years of crude and gratuitous racism and sexism. It is naive to think that this is simply entertainment; it is a platform where powerful and influential personalities teach young people – particularly young men – how to behave and what kind of attitudes are acceptable.

I will never forget watching Nicky Winmar being humiliated on the Footy Show in 1999. In a single, crude act of blackface, Newman robbed him of his humanity and reduced him to a cruel punchline.

To me, this was the same psychology that would lead to the horrific mob behaviour that ended Adam Goodes’ career. You only need to watch Newman’s bitter, lengthy, televised rants about Goodes in the middle of the booing saga to see how such attitudes might have been encouraged.

It remains a permanent mark on the AFL’s history that they were unable to immediately and unequivocally condemn racism, and that they allowed a champion of the game to be bullied out of it forever.

As a victim of racism, I had nowhere to turn. I spoke to multiple coaches and club management about how I was affected, informed my player agent and the AFL Player’s Association, and chose not to speak with the league because of their history of failures.

When I spoke out about McGuire’s comments on Goodes, I was told I had “gone rogue” and “thrown the president under the bus”. When I made complaints about needing to create a safer club culture, I was told that I was “not in line with the Collingwood Football Club.”

There was a concerted campaign to push me out, despite still being contracted. It was clear that none of these people had the skills or education to recognise the significance of the problem.

Officials have dodged recent questions from media as though they were not aware of the compound effect that ongoing discrimination had on me, hiding the fact that I brought the situation to their attention multiple times.

What happened to me happens to people every day: at work, in classrooms, on public transport, and on the playground. I’m merely using my story to illustrate that even at the level of elite sports, individuals are not immune to being trapped in a culture that normalises racism.

I am grateful to former team-mates who have come forward to support me despite the risk to their future opportunities in football, and to the numerous football fans (including Collingwood fans) who have expressed their support for me.

No institution is immune to change or accountability.

The AFL is a major, multi-million dollar operation. It has the resources available to improve itself and its clubs if it wants to. It’s time to decide whether it wishes to be a true cultural leader or not. Eventually, the tide will turn. It always does.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:12 pm
Good read here
Disgusting culture & still AFL house is saying one thing while doing the opposite
I thought this comment was interesting:
What happened to me happens to people every day: at work, in classrooms, on public transport, and on the playground. I’m merely using my story to illustrate that even at the level of elite sports, individuals are not immune to being trapped in a culture that normalises racism.
If the the type of racism he suffered at Collingwood happens to people every day at school,work and in the community, this is an issue with Australian culture, not just the AFL. If it cant be solved by community and political leaders what hope do sporting organisations have?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Maybe if they punished people like Mcchins it would send a message
Maybe if they didn't beat their chest about leading the fight against racism ...while doing very little then they wouldn't open themselves to ridicule

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 pm
Lol
Maybe if they didn't beat their chest about leading the fight against racism ...while doing very little then they wouldn't open themselves to ridicule
McGuires action was stupid and ignorant but without malicious intent. Other tjan that the AFL community has acreld swiftly against racism at games. Thats why they claim to be leaders.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

It's people like you ( & there are plenty) who make excuses for racists like Mcchins that are part of the problem .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 pm
It's people like you ( & there are plenty) who make excuses for racists like Mcchins that are part of the problem .
Bs. Basic logic says mcguire wouldnt be deliberately racist infront of thousands on radio
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Victorian logic says that .
He's got form
Open your eyes

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

AFL without a doubt one of the most white football codes on the planet. Which is probably why they have so many racist incidents.

Even their China exhibition match had only white people turn up lol.. Not an Asian in sight.

ANGLO FOOTBALL LEAGUE AFL
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Sorry KE
I think this thread should be thread of the year .

It highlights what is so wrong about the AFL .
& how their fans just continually stick their heads in the sand to ignore the problem

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 pm
Lol
McGuires action was stupid and ignorant but without malicious intent. Other tjan that the AFL community has acreld swiftly against racism at games. Thats why they claim to be leaders.
In all fairness the AFL do seem to be making a genuine effort to change. Any person regardless of race, colour or creed can now play in the AFL, providing they have one white parent.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:49 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:12 pm
Good read here
I thought this comment was interesting:
If the the type of racism he suffered at Collingwood happens to people every day at school,work and in the community, this is an issue with Australian culture, not just the AFL. If it cant be solved by community and political leaders what hope do sporting organisations have?
And out of all that was written, nlol decides to pick the one comment which provides an avenue to continue ignorance and racism. [-X

Bloody disgraceful nlol. There is racism in other Australian institutions, but you'd be hard pressed to find one where racism occurs so commonly and without adequate punishment.

Pickup ur game nlol! Shame on you [-X

xman wrote: