There At It Again?!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

There At It Again?!

Post by pussycat »

April 11 2017 - 9:06AM

Port Adelaide investigating racist taunts aimed at Eddie Betts, Paddy Ryder

Port Adelaide are investigating racism cases, including a woman who admits to calling Adelaide's indigenous forward Eddie Betts an ape.

Port are also investigating claims their indigenous ruckman Paddy Ryder was racially abused by a Crows supporter during Saturday night's match between the South Australian clubs.

A 31-year-old woman says she's received death threats after labelling Betts an ape on a social media post and writing he "should go back to the zoo where him and his family belong".

The woman, Port supporter Maxine Spratt, made the comments on Facebook after Saturday's night match.

Eddie Betts has again been racially vilified by a Port Adelaide fan, on social media.

Port is unlikely to be able to take any action against Spratt as she's not a member of the club, though Facebook has deactivated her account.

Spratt says she didn't believe calling someone an ape was racist "because I'm part Aboriginal myself", adding she was now fearing for her safety.

"There's been a few people that want to smash my face in and beat me and my partner up," she told the Seven Network.

Port said they were aware of the latest racism controversy involving the club – they banned a female member last year for throwing a banana at Betts during a game against the Crows.

"The club takes the allegations very seriously and is investigating the claims with Adelaide Oval Stadium Management," Port said in a statement.

"Port Adelaide is also investigating claims that its own player Paddy Ryder was subject to racial taunts from an Adelaide Crows spectator."

Adelaide Crows chief executive Andrew Fagan said his club "strongly condemns any such behaviour and finds it abhorrent and disgusting".

"In listening to our playing group and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander players in particular, it is clear how damaging and impactful racism is to them and their families," Fagan said in a statement on Tuesday.

"Our entire playing group and our club stand together on this, unequivocally."

AAP
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: There At It Again?!

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Why wouldn't the fans think that it's normal behaviour to be racists.
Eddie mcchins got away with it so why not the normal everyday southern racist hick .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Yep. There is something deeply wrong in the fumbleball states. Living in a bubble is part of it. Base ignorance is another.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

People in the northern( normal ) states just shake their head at the rampant racism in this sport .
This latest effort can't be blamed on the player ...I hear he is just a talented happy go lucky player .so what will the afl propaganda DEPt come up with .
They can't do a GOODES on him .
He's not one of those mouthy indigenous players ...so they'll have to come up with another angle for why the rampant racism is on show .

This racist homophobic abortion of a sport needs to sort it's shit out .
It's not 1950 anymore

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Aboriginal players from the AFL have written an open letter to fans calling for an end to racial abuse http://bbc.in/2omf8v2
10:55 PM - 11 Apr 2017
45 45 Retweets 52 52 likes

Oh my
& IIRC fat Vlad was big noting to the Un how the AFL had stamped out racism or was leading the fight against it .
The fat ***** lied ..lol how unusual

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The fumblers have stamped out racism just like they invented woman's sport last month. It's all a myth!!!!
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

why are there such problems with AFL fans? Is it because the game is so boring to watch, after all how many times can you see a bloke kick a goal before it becomes meaningless to watch?

What an stupid score line 130 to 67.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Lol, a soccer fan calling another sport boring. Your codes fans are so bored they resort to:
- chanting
- singing
- smashing seats
- lighting flares
- facing the wrong way
- beating the shit out of each other
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

AFL club president stood down, fined for sexist comments about league's first woman umpire
The president of a country football team in Western Australia has been fined its league's maximum penalty and stood down from his position for making sexist comments on social media about women in the AFL.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Cervantes Tiger Sharks president Dale Simmons labelled AFL umpire Eleni Glouftsis a "dopey mole [sic]" and a "stupid b----" on his public Facebook page.

Mr Simmons also said she would change her mind on umpiring decisions because she was a woman.

Yesterday he was fined $1,000 by the Central Midlands Coastal Football League (CMCFL) after consultation with the Western Australian Football Commission and the WA Country Football League (WACFL).

A statement released by the commission said Mr Simmons had agreed to step down as president of the Cervantes Tiger Sharks club.

Club committee member Rayelene Wright has replaced Mr Simmons.

In the statement, WAFC chief executive Gavin Taylor said any form of disrespect towards women was completely unacceptable and the commission was committed to creating more opportunities for women to take on key leadership roles within the game.

CMCFL president Steve Gilbert told ABC Radio the league supported the commission's stance.

"We fully support the (WAFC) statement and we back it wholly," Mr Gilbert said.

"(Women) do a magnificent job.

"Without women in our football clubs, I'm sure that many football clubs wouldn't operate."

Mr Gilbert said the incident was isolated and Mr Simmons would probably take time off from volunteering at the club.

A statement on the Cervantes Tiger Sharks Facebook page said Mr Simmons' comments were "inappropriate and not the views of the football club".

The club highlighted Mr Simmons' 30-year involvement as "president, coach, team manager, umpire, secretary, media personnel (sic), jumper washer, player communications and many more".

"The Club is excited to appoint a female president in Rayelene Wright," the statement said.

"We now look forward to putting this matter behind us and a positive end to the 2017 season."

In a statement, Mr Simmons said he was "genuinely sorry" for his comments.

Imagine this racist mob if they did get some interest from Asia [-(
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

LOL

President of a country football team in WA. Oh and having an attitude against women in sport is NOT racism you dope