Skill Level

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Skill Level

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Almost ..is NOT the same
It's not the same degree of difficulty .

But but but but but almost but but but almost .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:15 pm
Almost ..is NOT the same
It's not the same degree of difficulty .

But but but but but almost but but but almost .
its not the same, in practice it virtually is though. I would definitely say accurately kicking while running at full pace is more difficult than kicking a drop kick off a few easy steps
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So almost is replaced with VIRTUALLY
You really are clueless "
Lol kicking at full pace with no bar to get over .
Yep .yôu are clueless

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:06 pm
So almost is replaced with VIRTUALLY
You really are clueless "
Lol kicking at full pace with no bar to get over .
Yep .yôu are clueless
given kicking in our game is far more common, and executed with far greater skill and precision, I'd say it's you who are clueless. Especially given you think it's impossible to kick a drop kick while running
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Skill & precision .
Lol let me find that article where they were complaining about how bad the kicking is

If they were so skilled at kicking they wouldn't need one point unco sticks

Lol I often hear how they can hit a man on the chest from 60 Mtrs away ..on the run ..with either foot .
Lol ..no they kick to a general area where someone usually runs to try to catch it or fumble it .

Yet I've seen these blokes who can kick so accurately miss getting it between two giant sticks from 30 Mtrs out ....with no bar to get over .
Lol ..good for a giggle

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:21 pm
Skill & precision .
Lol let me find that article where they were complaining about how bad the kicking is

Lol I often hear how they can hit a man on the chest from 60 Mtrs away ..on the run ..with either foot .
Lol ..no they kick to a general area where someone usually runs to try to catch it or fumble it .

Yet I've seen these blokes who can kick so accurately miss getting it between two giant sticks from 30 Mtrs out ....with no bar to get over .
Lol ..good for a giggle
LOL
When someone kicks the ball to space the kick has to be accurate or the player receiving it wont catch it on the full, or the defender will also get to the ball and spoil it. That has to be deadly accurate to be succesful. Doing that while stationary isnt that hard. Doing it under pressure while running is very difficult.

Here's a classic example. If the kick was a few meters either side, or too short or long there's no way the forward would have received it. Thats precision kicking

Yeah there are complaints on occasion about poor goal kicking conversion, but these are complaints that goal kicking accuracy hasnt kept pace with the increase in kicking accuracy around the ground. Like many other sports, this is a mental issue. A backman can hit a target on the chest from 60m surrounded by opposition but fails to kick a goal from 30m. It certainly isnt technique, it's all mental
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

There is a component of the receiving player being able to adjust pace as they lead into space though.

Just watched Adam Reid snap a 51 metre goal across his body on an angle
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 pm
There is a component of the receiving player being able to adjust pace as they lead into space though.

Just watched Adam Reid snap a 51 metre goal across his body on an angle
Wow . Did it get over the bar . Oh wait on
Carry on .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Did you see it.... would have cleared any bar. Materas goal from the boundary line in the suns game (that I had to watch on my phone as no Foxtel where I am) was also a cracker.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:36 pm
Skill & precision .

Lol ..good for a giggle
LOL
When someone kicks the ball to space the kick has to be accurate or the player receiving it wont catch it on the full, or the defender will also get to the ball and spoil it. That has to be deadly accurate to be succesful. Doing that while stationary isnt that hard. Doing it under pressure while running is very difficult.

Here's a classic example. If the kick was a few meters either side, or too short or long there's no way the forward would have received it. Thats precision kicking

Yeah there are complaints on occasion about poor goal kicking conversion, but these are complaints that goal kicking accuracy hasnt kept pace with the increase in kicking accuracy around the ground. Like many other sports, this is a mental issue. A backman can hit a target on the chest from 60m surrounded by opposition but fails to kick a goal from 30m. It certainly isnt technique, it's all mental
Wow he caught the ball off a kick lol.. NRL players catch high bombs and straight kicks like that all the time.

Pretty funny making a big deal out of catching a ball off a kick. :mrgreen:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:04 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:00 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:06 am

Lol, this teenage kid kicks a drop kick while running with no problems at all

The AFL stab pass is very close to a drop kick because the contact is so low. It wouldnt make much of a difference if the ball touched the ground
Is that the best video you've got lol.. :lol: :lol:
Fark your funny man. Feel sorry for you now. :mrgreen:
i didnt need much to show running and kicking a drop kick is easy. You cant show me a RL player do it though. :mrgreen:
I showed you multiple kicks better than anything anything you've come up with mate. :cool:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:14 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:36 pm
Skill & precision .

Lol ..good for a giggle
LOL

Wow he caught the ball off a kick lol.. NRL players catch high bombs and straight kicks like that all the time.

Pretty funny making a big deal out of catching a ball off a kick. :mrgreen:
the big deal was the accuracy and skill of the kick, not the catch :[]
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:17 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Is that the best video you've got lol.. :lol: :lol:
Fark your funny man. Feel sorry for you now. :mrgreen:
i didnt need much to show running and kicking a drop kick is easy. You cant show me a RL player do it though. :mrgreen:
I showed you multiple kicks better than anything anything you've come up with mate. :cool:
the kicks you showed happen multiple time every AFL game. You are still to show an NRL goal or even a kick while the player is running though
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm

the kicks you showed happen multiple time every AFL game. You are still to show an NRL goal or even a kick while the player is running though
At the end of the day most AFL goals would not be even counted in a Rugby code field goals match.

They are either below the crossbar or in the side goals or they kicked with no pressure after taking a mark.

Basically scoring in AFL is a piece of piss. That is why you have such high scorelines. Facts are facts guys. :\:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm

At the end of the day most AFL goals would not be even counted in a Rugby code field goals match.

They are either below the crossbar or in the side goals or they kicked with no pressure after taking a mark.

Basically scoring in AFL is a piece of piss. That is why you have such high scorelines. Facts are facts guys. :\:
:(/

Do you even watch the game? Only half of AFL goals are from set shots, the others are under direct pressure, and would easily be above any cross bar. I can remember a heap of goals from last nights game that would count.

Here's an example of one player's highlight real. Not how many goals are from general play, not set shots, and how many would clear any cross bar