Skill Level

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Skill Level

Post by pussycat »

The difference in skill level was clear to see the other night. The AFL payer gets a penalty kick, 30 metres out and no pressure on him. No ones allowed to come near him, he lines it up, test the wind direction moves in and kick (punt kicks ). He misses everything, even misses the points for missing posts :(/ :(/

Over on the league channel. Scores are locked, There's only minutes remaining, everyone knows what he going to try and do. He's about 30m out, about 10 blokes charge at him, trying to block the kick or knock him into the second row of the grandstand. The blokes under all sorts of pressure but he calmly stands his ground and drop kicks(not punts) the ball over the cross bar.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Skill Level

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 am
The difference in skill level was clear to see the other night. The AFL payer gets a penalty kick, 30 metres out and no pressure on him. No ones allowed to come near him, he lines it up, test the wind direction moves in and kick (punt kicks ). He misses everything, even misses the points for missing posts :(/ :(/

Over on the league channel. Scores are locked, There's only minutes remaining, everyone knows what he going to try and do. He's about 30m out, about 10 blokes charge at him, trying to block the kick or knock him into the second row of the grandstand. The blokes under all sorts of pressure but he calmly stands his ground and drop kicks(not punts) the ball over the cross bar.
Maybe give the fumblers another set of posts outside the small posts where they give you a bonus point for missing the big posts in the middle. That's three sets of posts to have a go at........surely the poor unskilled buggers couldn't miss then!!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Yep , missed the lot. Probably poor eye hand coordination.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 am

so if we are taking a single act from one player from one game as a sign of each sport's skill levels can you show me any NRL play from last weekend that compares to the skills Buddy displayed last weekend?

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Is that it????? Franken caught and kicked with no one near him and no pressure on him.....wow.....lolololololololo. Any other sport would be embarrassed that that is the best their game gets. Pathetic!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

No pressure on him? Hmmmm, he was running, not stationary like NRL kickers, he was being chased, not taking his time like NRL kickers, his team were behind, so the score was crucial, he was about 60m from goal, not 20m from goal like NRL players, and was near the boundary. Not only that, he did it twice in a few minutes.

So show me any NRL play that came even close to this last round................
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Hahaha....catch and kick....wow......skills of a 2 year old lolololololol. No one in front of him. Bomb it through the goals at any height. No goalie. No net. No one tackling him. Joke of a sport!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:17 pm
Hahaha....catch and kick....wow......skills of a 2 year old lolololololol. No one in front of him. Bomb it through the goals at any height. No goalie. No net. No one tackling him. Joke of a sport!!!!
so basically you cant show me anything from the NRL last week with more skill.............. :\:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think both games involve a great deal of skill to play well. My preference is obviously for Aussie rules but I can appreciate some of the skill in rl and ru. I like the tactics used in rl and obviously there are some amazing trys ... the intercepts and long runs and also the fast paced movements with several passes and a dummy ... they are awesome. Unfortunately I feel they need more of those type of moments but I understand rl is often a game played over several sets to get into position ... like chess I guess sometimes.

I do think it is frivolous to highlight 1 great play from 1 game and compare it to poor play in another. Seriously, what's the point of that. I am sure an afl person could highlight and afl player doing something great and compare it to a rl stuffing up.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:54 pm
No pressure on him? Hmmmm, he was running, not stationary like NRL kickers, he was being chased, not taking his time like NRL kickers, his team were behind, so the score was crucial, he was about 60m from goal, not 20m from goal like NRL players, and was near the boundary. Not only that, he did it twice in a few minutes.

Oh dear .

What you poor dimwit fumblers fail to realise is that in other sports the ball must either go over a bar between the sticks or stay under(sokka)
In Your fumbling sport a goal can be scored by kicking it along the ground ...as long as it goes between the giant sticks .
No bar to get over .
Lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Hey. We're Aussies ... we do things our way.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:21 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Oh dear .

What you poor dimwit fumblers fail to realise is that in other sports the ball must either go over a bar between the sticks or stay under(sokka)
In Your fumbling sport a goal can be scored by kicking it along the ground ...as long as it goes between the giant sticks .
No bar to get over .
Lol
Buddies second goal would have sailed over any bar. In fact all set shots at goal would clear a cross bar because they clear defending players standing on the goal line
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Hey. We're Aussies ... we do things our way.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It must be doing something right as the biggest sport in the country?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

having played both games
starting with AFL as a kid into my late teens before switching it to league.

AFL actually benefited me in regards to kicking.. and marking the ball which is done more in AFL
than in league..

I used it to my benefit and became a very good Full back and 5/8 in league..

overall it is hard to judge which is more skillfull
both have there skills and fitness.

interesting fact I actually thought rugby league was more tiring game.
as the amount of tackling is done takes a lot out of you..

fullbacks in league do as much running around as afl players.

I am now 30 and there is no way my body could handle a Rugby league game..