Big day for Football

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Big day for Football

Post by post_hoc »

Friday will mark the first use of a video referral system for football in a competitive match anywhere in the football world.

This is a significant event and the A league is the experiment. Will be interesting how it goes, personally I am not a fan, I am a traditionalist and would rather not see it go down this path. Others have different views.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Big day for Football

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

post_hoc wrote: ↑Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm
Friday will mark the first use of a video referral system for football in a competitive match anywhere in the football world.

This is a significant event and the A league is the experiment. Will be interesting how it goes, personally I am not a fan, I am a traditionalist and would rather not see it go down this path. Others have different views.
I think it is good in determining if the player was offside though. Or if a player handballs it in. Like Argentinas hand of god against England all those years back.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:37 am
post_hoc wrote: ↑Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm

I think it is good in determining if the player was offside though. Or if a player handballs it in. Like Argentinas hand of god against England all those years back.
Can't agree fully. I agree with what you are saying and it will do that, but I'm a traditionalist, Football is played by Humans, and officiated by humans. Humans are fallible, mistakes happen, the players make mistakes and move on, we should do the same with referees. I don't like what it has meant in other sports that have introduced it
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

You might feel differently if a goal was scored against your team and the ref could not check if it is offside or hand balled.
Video ref makes games fairer and more honest I think.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

i dont know what to make of it. theres nothing worse than that feeling of being robbed because of a stupid decision but what if it slows the game too much like in rugby league sometimes? when we played perth, twice they used that var crap and it really killed the mood around the stadium even though it was in our favour