There At It Again!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

There At It Again!

Post by pussycat »

April 6 2017 - 10:11AM

Westconnex Minister Stuart Ayres accused of conflict of interest over GWS Giants sponsorship

Sports Minister and WestConnex Minister Stuart Ayres has been accused of a conflict of interest after accepting GWS Giants corporate hospitality at least 16 times before announcing a major taxpayer-funded sponsorship for the club.

the problem was not only Mr Ayres' failure to disclose the three occasions, but the subsequent bestowal of a sponsorship to the same club.

"This sponsorship stinks.

Mr Ayres announced earlier this month that the Sydney Motorway Corporation, the publicly funded body responsible for the controversial $17 billion WestConnex motorway, would sponsor the GWS Giants in a three-year naming rights deal.

He refused to disclose how much the GWS Giants sponsorship is costing taxpayers.

The GWS Giants chief executive David Matthews said there was no connection between Mr Ayres' acceptance of corporate hospitality and the sponsorship, and defended having politicians attending sporting events.

he declined to disclose the value of the sponsorship, saying it was commercial in confidence.

SMH
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: There At It Again!

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

MR AYRES

should step down after this (the LIB government should be axing this Knob)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

it's "they're"
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm
what no comment on the Wests Tigers taking the same three year sponsorship though. Ok then.
They were claims made by the GWS guy . He was just trying to cover his arse and slime his way out of it.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

What do you expect from the Minister for the SCG trust. This is the fruit loop that wanted to divert all the new stadium funding to the eastern suburbs and the SFS and SCG, basically giving nothing to western sydney.

I guess the Wanderers and the NRL teams were too much competition for his GWS
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined