Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by NlolRL »

New York, NY—Jan. 24, 2018—Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) today announced that it has added Instagram owned measurement into its Social Content Ratings® (SCR) platform. This launch marks the first time that Instagram will be measured and delivered by Nielsen’s syndicated social TV measurement solution. With the recent additions of Instagram and Facebook metrics, Nielsen’s SCR platform now offers insights across three of the biggest social media platforms—including Twitter—making it the most comprehensive measure of program-related conversation in the industry

http://www.nielsen.com/au/en/press-room ... tings.html
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

What is you think your showing me?????????????????? You presented me with a link to an American cite . And as far as I can see, has absolutely nothing to do with Rugby League or AFL????????????????????????????????????????
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:26 pm
What is you think your showing me?????????????????? You presented me with a link to an American cite . And as far as I can see, has absolutely nothing to do with Rugby League or AFL????????????????????????????????????????
Oh, so you want evidence for Australia?
https://mediaweek.com.au/nielsen-social ... instagram/
Nielsen has added Instagram-owned measurement into its Social Content Ratings platform in Australia and some other markets.

This launch marks the first time that Instagram will be measured and delivered by Nielsen’s syndicated social TV measurement solution. With the recent additions of Instagram and Facebook metrics, Nielsen states its SCR platform now offers insights across three of the biggest social media platforms – including Twitter – claiming it is the most comprehensive measure of program-related conversation in the industry.

Since launching in 2016, Nielsen said SCR has become the only social measurement solution that measures both organic and owned social TV activity.

By measuring those two types of activity, media owners, agencies and advertisers can now have a total view of cross-publisher activity surrounding television programs, allowing them to maximise the impact of social strategies.

“Every day, people come to Instagram to connect with their favourite TV shows and stars. We’re excited that Nielsen’s Social Content Ratings will now reflect the ongoing conversation about TV happening on the platform,” said Katie Faul, director, partnerships at Instagram.

In addition to integrating Instagram-owned to the platform, Facebook-owned metrics were integrated into Social Content Ratings user interface in November as a part of Nielsen Social’s commitment to providing comparable measurement across social platforms.
These links are showing you how Nielsen gather social media data.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:11 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 am
Our fans go to games too
Crowds, Crowds, Crowds :(/ :(/ :(/
Hey puss,
I've failed to understand where and how you are so entertained from that post of LOLs'.
Did you mean to hit the crying face?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:30 pm
Nielsen has added Instagram-owned measurement into its Social Content Ratings platform in Australia and some other markets.

This launch marks the first time that Instagram will be measured and delivered by Nielsen’s syndicated social TV measurement solution. With the recent additions of Instagram and Facebook metrics, Nielsen states its SCR platform now offers insights across three of the biggest social media platforms – including Twitter – claiming it is the most comprehensive measure of program-related conversation in the industry.

Since launching in 2016, Nielsen said SCR has become the only social measurement solution that measures both organic and owned social TV activity.

By measuring those two types of activity, media owners, agencies and advertisers can now have a total view of cross-publisher activity surrounding television programs, allowing them to maximise the impact of social strategies.

“Every day, people come to Instagram to connect with their favourite TV shows and stars. We’re excited that Nielsen’s Social Content Ratings will now reflect the ongoing conversation about TV happening on the platform,” said Katie Faul, director, partnerships at Instagram.

In addition to integrating Instagram-owned to the platform, Facebook-owned metrics were integrated into Social Content Ratings user interface in November as a part of Nielsen Social’s commitment to providing comparable measurement across social platforms.
You've gone of on a tangent . It's not the credibility of Nielson that's in question. Rather your credibility trying to make out 2 weekly articles from Nielson carry anywhere near as much weight as a document researched over 3 year period .

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:13 pm

You've gone of on a tangent . It's not the credibility of Nielson that's in question. Rather your credibility trying to make out 2 weekly articles from Nielson carry anywhere near as much weight as a document researched over 3 year period .
but your article shows a completely different metric, it doesnt supercede or contradict Nielsen's data because they are not showing the same information. The 4 year old article you quoted says NOTHING about internet traffic, all it does is count liked pages on facebook, and accounts on twitter. These are one-off interactions ie you like a facebook page once, you open a twitter account once. Media traffic shows up to date interest. Furthermore, It says nothing about other social media platforms like instagram which is huge
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:43 pm
pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:13 pm

but your article shows a completely different metric, it doesnt supercede or contradict Nielsen's data because they are not showing the same information. The 4 year old article you quoted says NOTHING about internet traffic, all it does is count liked pages on facebook, and accounts on twitter. These are one-off interactions ie you like a facebook page once, you open a twitter account once. Media traffic shows up to date interest. Furthermore, It says nothing about other social media platforms like instagram which is huge
I'm curious lol, is media traffic included in viewers counts?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

as in TV ratings?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Internet traffic is only the online chatter about specific issues like Maroons v the blues.

Not that surprising given that Facebook and twitter dominate social media numbers.

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

SportCapital wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:10 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 am
Our fans go to games too
Hey puss,
I've failed to understand where and how you are so entertained from that post of LOLs'.
There dam funny faces.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:11 pm
Internet traffic is only the online chatter about specific issues like Maroons v the blues.

Not that surprising given that Facebook and twitter dominate social media numbers.
Nielsen's data shows the hot topics of the week, what 'everyone' was talking about. This is based on the amount of discussions on social media about different topics, including sport. They use data from facebook, twitter, instagram and others.

The 2 reports we've seen so far this year show the AFL absolutely obliterating the NRL in 'hot topic' discussions on social media. In fact even the A league beat the NRL last week!! :(/

Has that dumbed it down enough for you pussy? :lol:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:15 pm
SportCapital wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Hey puss,
There dam funny faces.
Ooops, my mistake.
They're the ones that end in tears.
The same as conversations about NRlilL crowds.
Makes sense now!
Carry on.....
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 pm
as in TV ratings?
No, viewers that watch a game through an app.....?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

SportCapital wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:09 am
as in TV ratings?
oh. Nielsen's data is about internet discussions, not ratings for apps
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:11 am
SportCapital wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:09 am
as in TV ratings?
oh. Nielsen's data is about internet discussions, not ratings for apps
Does anyone count footy app viewership?