Looks like an Australian Super Rugby club could be getting the cut.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Looks like an Australian Super Rugby club could be getting the cut.

Post by Fred »

South Africans have a passionate following, although they remain largely divided along ethnic lines. Soccer, Cricket and Rugby are the most popular sports.

Rugby is the most popular sport in South Africa. The national rugby team is nicknamed The Springboks. South Africa hosted the 1995 Rugby World Cup, the first one hosted in Africa.

Cricket is traditionally the popular sport among the white British diaspora and Indian South African communities, although it is now followed by members of all races. The national cricket team is nicknamed The Proteas.

Soccer has historically been particularly popular amongst persons of African descent, though this tendency, too, has changed over the years . The South Africa national soccer team, Bafana Bafana, has not enjoyed considerable success since the early 20th Century.

But anyway... probably depends who you talk to a bit like afl Australian Rules and rl.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

IF the for Force are to be kicked out, surly ASAP would be the time for the NRL
to put a Team in Perth...to cash in on Unions stuff up...
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:48 pm
South Africans have a passionate following, although they remain largely divided along ethnic lines. Soccer, Cricket and Rugby are the most popular sports.

Rugby is the most popular sport in South Africa. The national rugby team is nicknamed The Springboks. South Africa hosted the 1995 Rugby World Cup, the first one hosted in Africa.

Cricket is traditionally the popular sport among the white British diaspora and Indian South African communities, although it is now followed by members of all races. The national cricket team is nicknamed The Proteas.

Soccer has historically been particularly popular amongst persons of African descent, though this tendency, too, has changed over the years . The South Africa national soccer team, Bafana Bafana, has not enjoyed considerable success since the early 20th Century.

But anyway... probably depends who you talk to a bit like afl Australian Rules and rl.
You'll need a bit more than a quick google search to get the facts Fred. I suspect proper research is beyond you.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:18 am
I agree Leeroy. There is a stadium ready to go and there must be a training base and infrastructure that the Force have been using. The problem is the NRL have said they won't entertain expansion during the term of the current broadcast deal. And the broadcasters won't chip in more money for a one team expansion as it won't create any more games.

That being said it would give the game a positive feel if the NRL took a leap of faith and resurrected the Reds or equivalent.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:45 am
Fred wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:48 pm

You'll need a bit more than a quick google search to get the facts Fred. I suspect proper research is beyond you.
Um yep - a quick google search is usually all the time I would give.........TO A CHAT FORUM ...... I see you didn't respond to my quick search - and yes, in all honesty it took the better part of a minute. :) Can't let it get in the way of having a life - like there are goal posts to count you know!!!!!1
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Exactly Fredo.......enjoy the good fight pal........and enjoy the bubble!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

That's the point... I'm not engaged in this apparent angst you harbour. Not sure where it comes from or how it was born.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:56 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:18 am
I agree Leeroy. There is a stadium ready to go and there must be a training base and infrastructure that the Force have been using. The problem is the NRL have said they won't entertain expansion during the term of the current broadcast deal. And the broadcasters won't chip in more money for a one team expansion as it won't create any more games.

That being said it would give the game a positive feel if the NRL took a leap of faith and resurrected the Reds or equivalent.
Yep spot on, Union leaving just made the door appear bigger for league to enter..
Great if they announced expansion for Ipswich / Perth and said you will be entering in 2020.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Agree. Nrl have to take some risks. They are already so far behind the eight ball but have shown they can make up ground quickly when they do take risks that pay off. They have to be prepared to fail to go forward or else they will stagnate in pockets of nsw and qld
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:45 pm
Agree. Nrl have to take some risks. They are already so far behind the eight ball but have shown they can make up ground quickly when they do take risks that pay off. They have to be prepared to fail to go forward or else they will stagnate in pockets of nsw and qld

'So far behind the eight ball'.....fair dinkum Fred do you understand anything?????? How did RL get more Tv ratings in 2016 than your fumbling mates if they are 'so far behind the eight ball". Geez you're a dill!!!!! Enjoy the bubble pal!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I was going to write in my post ..,, "and enter Terry stage left" but took it out. Yet on cue here you are lol

But anyway ..,,.,. Terry, I was referring to the afl being the biggest sporting organisation in the country . Nothing more nothing less and that the nrl has always been behind the 9 ball when it came to developing the game. Many nrl fans would agree with this and it is hardly a massive observation.

But I'll be honest that I knew you would respond as such ... so predictable.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:18 pm
I was going to write in my post ..,, "and enter Terry stage left" but took it out. Yet on cue here you are lol

But anyway ..,,.,. Terry, I was referring to the afl being the biggest sporting organisation in the country . Nothing more nothing less and that the nrl has always been behind the 9 ball when it came to developing the game. Many nrl fans would agree with this and it is hardly a massive observation.

But I'll be honest that I knew you would respond as such ... so predictable.
The biggest sporting organisation in half a country with one of the smallest populations in the world. While simply non existant anywhere else. Kind of puts things in perspective hey. :lol: :lol:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

True to some extent but would say afl is the biggest sporting organisation in the country and als has a footprint of grass roots across the country ... as too does soccer but afl dawgs soccer as an organisation.
Veni, vidi, vici
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves
Team: warriors Hurricanes All Blacks
Been liked: 0

Post by rugby365 »

good call to cut the force. Unfortunately they have under preformed for so long. However it's sad to see so many lose their jobs but there will be plenty of options available for them in Japan or Europe.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

yeh it had to be done..

goodbye FORCE, CHEETAHS AND KINGS
I wish the SUPER RUGBY didn't go to 18 in the first place

and was just 5 SA TEAMS 5 AUS TEAMS 5 NZ TEAMS
the travelling that is done in this tournament is beyond a joke