Which international competition are you looking forward to most?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves
Team: warriors Hurricanes All Blacks
Been liked: 0

Which international competition are you looking forward to most?

Post by rugby365 »

With a big year of sports underway domestically we are also in for a big year of international sports. So which tournament are you looking forward to most?

1) rugby league World Cup - bringing together the best rugby league players from around world to see which nation is king? Could we hope to see a new team in the finals? Or will it once again be the two powerhouses of rugby league?

2) lions tour - bringing together the best players from the home nations, Scotland, Ireland, wales and England in a quest to do something every nation struggles to do and win a series in the land of the long white cloud!

3) confederations cup - a curtain raiser for the football World Cup, this tournament will see the best 8 teams from their respected confederations. As well as host nation Russia and current World Cup holders Germany do battle with an ever improving Australian team and our cousins from across the ditch.

4) The AFL ummmmmm :-k 8-[ . Can anyone help me out here. Anything interesting happening this year or is it the same suburbian comp? Which is exciting. Love seeing suburbs go toe to toe in a battle of who's got the best looking cousin/wife Collingwood? Or Geelong?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Which international competition are you looking forward to most?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
If only cos was still here to enlighten you on the massive international fumble scene .
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

I'm looking forward to the big AFL clash in China. It can only lead to bigger and better things. It will put AFL on the word map'. :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think the soccer game you mentioned is always good to watch. Particularly if Aussie do well.

The cricket at present seems surprisingly good to watch as well with wickets falling here and there and the turning pitch.

Not too interested in the Australian rules international cup to be honest or either of the rugby codes internationals but that's me.

The tennis I have bored off as too formula 1 and golf.

So really to be honest not much interest at all. Have even become a little bored of the afl to be honest as have never liked the finals system where an average side can win the premiership. That is fine if seen as an end of year Comp but to say the best side for the year is silly. Give me the epl system any day.

So yeah not really looking forward to any internalional sport this year apart from current crickey game India.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Meh afl will be a world game soon, once all the do gooders get their way and we have no borders or need for passports to travel, everything will be global.

What rot.

All while bowing down to some twat put in charge at the UN to lead us all to the promised transgendered land on our way to becoming transhuman. Yay what fun, thank fuck I'll hopefully be dead before all this shit fully happens, sadly Im not dying quick enough now though as I can see the shit everywhere. Just look at the AFL W comp for proof.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

The_Wookie wrote: ↑Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:51 am
pussycat wrote: ↑Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:12 am
I'm looking forward to the big AFL clash in China. It can only lead to bigger and better things. It will put AFL on the word map'. :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/
least they are fucking going to china. How many attempts did league clubs make and fail or bail on?

During the Superleague period, it was planned that games would eventually be played in China.

In 2012 it was reported that Canberra was talking to Manly about playing a match for points in Hong Kong, but that match never eventuated. Club sponsors, including the Raiders sponsor, Huawei, were keen for a game to be played in the home country, but plans were abandoned when support from the NRL was not forthcoming.

In 2013, Channel 9 and the Chinese Government were reportedly supportive of the match happening, and the NRL had appointed an independent consultant to look into it further.

In August 2016, Fairfax reported that Canberra conceded that it was probably never going to happen.

In 2015 it was reported that the NRL supported a concept to take the game to China as put forward by former coach Paul Broughton. Under the plan , half a-dozen athletes, hand-picked from China’s 1.35 billion population, will be brought to Australia and placed with NRL clubs, while some coaches will be taken to China to expand the game there. However, a year later, Fairfax media reported that Broughtons was more or less being ignored by the NRL hierarchy, however shortly after the report the NRL evidently gave its approval to the plan.

Australian Rugby Union

In early 2015, the Canberra Times reported that the ACT Brumbies were set to play a preseason game in China backed by Aquis, their major sponsor. If successful this would have led to proper season matches in the country. In August 2016, the Times reported that the Brumbies were no longer entertaining the idea.

links and everything are here
http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=2866
Well the brumbies don't need to go to china anymore thanks to the 100mil investment from Alisports.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... on-players

Australian rugby union just need to focus on getting their house in order.

If this investment works out we'll hopefully see a new Asian rugby power along side Japan. Good things ahead for rugby
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Yes, the AFL will tell us there was 300Billion viewers and all sorts of bullshit claims about interest levels - Just like the massive inroads they made in New Zealand etc etc the astounding success at Birchgrove Oval. the AFL Propaganda ministry will make all sorts of claims.

But reality will finally set in - The real interest level is once again ZERO ZELCH ZIP
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

lol deflection alert pissy cat :thumbleft:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: ↑Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:49 am
Meh afl will be a world game soon, once all the do gooders get their way and we have no borders or need for passports to travel, everything will be global.

What rot.

All while bowing down to some twat put in charge at the UN to lead us all to the promised transgendered land on our way to becoming transhuman. Yay what fun, thank fuck I'll hopefully be dead before all this shit fully happens, sadly Im not dying quick enough now though as I can see the shit everywhere. Just look at the AFL W comp for proof.
images.jpg
images.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Meh Toronto won their first game last night in the 3rd round of the Challenge cup.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: ↑Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:49 am

What rot.

Yeah I know what you mean. The political correctness far left agenda sport is pissing me off.
I am glad most of the nrl clubs said a big f@#k you to journos calling for a ban to cheerleaders in Rugby League.
Russel Crowe was the only soft Banana that bowed to pressure from minorities.

If some codes want to have a gay pride round, good luck to them. But don't go trying to change harmless things that a part of a sports culture.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

rugby365 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:59 am
With a big year of sports underway domestically we are also in for a big year of international sports. So which tournament are you looking forward to most?

1) rugby league World Cup - bringing together the best rugby league players from around world to see which nation is king? Could we hope to see a new team in the finals? Or will it once again be the two powerhouses of rugby league?

2) lions tour - bringing together the best players from the home nations, Scotland, Ireland, wales and England in a quest to do something every nation struggles to do and win a series in the land of the long white cloud!

3) confederations cup - a curtain raiser for the football World Cup, this tournament will see the best 8 teams from their respected confederations. As well as host nation Russia and current World Cup holders Germany do battle with an ever improving Australian team and our cousins from across the ditch.

4) The AFL ummmmmm :-k 8-[ . Can anyone help me out here. Anything interesting happening this year or is it the same suburbian comp? Which is exciting. Love seeing suburbs go toe to toe in a battle of who's got the best looking cousin/wife Collingwood? Or Geelong?
I hope the All Blacks smash the Lions. Looking forward to it. Always a quality match.

I am curious with the Ruby League world cup. Are some interesting countries in the comp like Lebanon and the USA.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:32 pm
rugby365 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:59 am

I hope the All Blacks smash the Lions. Looking forward to it. Always a quality match.

I am curious with the Ruby League world cup. Are some interesting countries in the comp like Lebanon and the USA.
Should be a great series.

The World Cup should be interesting. England and the P.I teams need to step up.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Yeah England will be out to prove themselves in the rlwc.

One thing I don't understand with the super rugby is why no European teams are in it?
Has there ever been talk of including them?
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²

UK Rugby League
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm
Yeah England will be out to prove themselves in the rlwc.

One thing I don't understand with the super rugby is why no European teams are in it?
Has there ever been talk of including them?
Because they have their own competitions. Aviva premiership in England, pro 12 in Scotland, wales, Ireland and Italy (which are looking to include and USA and Canadian team. Top 14 in France. Other countries like Georgia, Russia, Spain, Romania have their own semi/pro competitions.