Victorian view of Rugby League & State of Origin

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Victorian view of Rugby League & State of Origin

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Beaussie wrote: ↑Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:26 am
LOL
SOO was played at the Sydney Football Stadium, a sporting venue that has been rebadged more times than anyone can count. Imagine "rebadging" the MCG. Imagine a Victorian using a word like "rebadge". Melbourne has institutions. Sydney has developer's potential. It has been that way since the Rum Corps ran the show in Sydney.

SOO is a Rum Corps sort of game. It's not the sort of game free settlers would embrace. That's why 90 per cent of Melbourne Storm's supporters are blow-ins from north of the border.

SOO is violent. There's no getting away from it. Players can do things to each other in SOO games they would never be allowed to do in club games, or anywhere else for that matter. My Melbourne friends find this confusing. Especially the ones I run around a park kicking an AFL ball with. They think SOO is barbaric. That's if they think about it at all, which most of them don't.

While the ubiquity of the AFL in Victoria is astonishing to migrants from across the border like me, the relative anonymity of rugby league results in it being seen as a kind of Neanderthal oddity practiced by descendents of ne're-do-wells.

To put it simply, most of the people I know in Melbourne regard rugby league with undisguised contempt.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-17/m ... in/6552620
This is clearly written by a die hard AFL fan with a biased view again rugby league to start with.
It does prove one point though, he is pretty much admitting what we all already know. That Rugby League is a much tougher sport than AFL. :cool:
Using words like Brutal and Barbaric. Well pretty much any full contact sport looks Brutal and Barbaric compared to AFL. I am sure he would think the same when watching Union, Grid Iron and Ice Hockey too.

Southern Softies lol.. :(/
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:10 am
LOL
SOO was played at the Sydney Football Stadium, a sporting venue that has been rebadged more times than anyone can count. Imagine "rebadging" the MCG. Imagine a Victorian using a word like "rebadge". Melbourne has institutions. Sydney has developer's potential. It has been that way since the Rum Corps ran the show in Sydney.

SOO is a Rum Corps sort of game. It's not the sort of game free settlers would embrace. That's why 90 per cent of Melbourne Storm's supporters are blow-ins from north of the border.

SOO is violent. There's no getting away from it. Players can do things to each other in SOO games they would never be allowed to do in club games, or anywhere else for that matter. My Melbourne friends find this confusing. Especially the ones I run around a park kicking an AFL ball with. They think SOO is barbaric. That's if they think about it at all, which most of them don't.

While the ubiquity of the AFL in Victoria is astonishing to migrants from across the border like me, the relative anonymity of rugby league results in it being seen as a kind of Neanderthal oddity practiced by descendents of ne're-do-wells.

To put it simply, most of the people I know in Melbourne regard rugby league with undisguised contempt.

This is clearly written by a die hard AFL fan with a biased view again rugby league to start with.
It does prove one point though, he is pretty much admitting what we all already know. That Rugby League is a much tougher sport than AFL. :cool:
Using words like Brutal and Barbaric. Well pretty much any full contact sport looks Brutal and Barbaric compared to AFL. I am sure he would think the same when watching Union, Grid Iron and Ice Hockey too.

Southern Softies lol.. :(/
Oh dear, the peice is written by Ned Manning
Ned Manning was born in 1950[1] and grew up on a property in Coonabarabran, New South Wales.[2] He married Bronwyn Bancroft, an Indigenous Australian artist, with whom he had two children, including New South Wales Young Australian of the Year for 2010, Jack Manning Bancroft.[3][4][5] Manning remarried to theatre director Marion Potts, with whom he had two children. In 2010, they relocated from Sydney to Melbourne when she was appointed director of the Malthouse Theatre
He is from NSW your talking shit again.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

A fucking snob unionite, get stuffed.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep if he's not a fumbler he's a Rl hating yawnion lover
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

It's pretty funny how you tin foil hat loons automatically assume if people aren't league fans you class them as haters of league

easy to say that by far the majority of Victorians & 3 quarters of Australia purely don't give a crap about league or view the game summed up by this picture
IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG (35.26 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I note the courier mail has advertised on its banner "all the codes fixtures". You would never get the herald sun doing this in years gone by and wonder if they do so now?
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: ↑Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:23 am
I note the courier mail has advertised on its banner "all the codes fixtures". You would never get the herald sun doing this in years gone by and wonder if they do so now?
when news corp owned the storm, they regularly had purple colored banners advertising for the storm
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes they did push the storm a lot agree
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Storm still get as much press as before. Most AFL people dont hate the Storm like RL people in Sydney hate the Swans or GWS. I guess there just less insecure about their code.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bhaaaaa
Jesus h Christ you talk shit

Go read BF
Go READ the roar
Read some of the insane rants on here by afl posters .

The funny thing is RL folk ain't that insecure that we have to continually post lies .
That would be most of the insecure fumble folk on here.

There's just as many afl fans that hate R, as there are RL fans that hate afl .
But not in whatever bizarro world you live in .

🀣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 pm
Bhaaaaa
Jesus h Christ you talk shit

Go read BF
Go READ the roar
Read some of the insane rants on here by afl posters .

The funny thing is RL folk ain't that insecure that we have to continually post lies .
That would be most of the insecure fumble folk on here.

There's just as many afl fans that hate R, as there are RL fans that hate afl .
But not in whatever bizarro world you live in .
I dont give a fats rats what other forums do, you do nothing but spilt hairs and call other liars, if you care to look at the point of my original post it was no put down to league - you interpreted it that way because you can either understand anothers point of view or accept that ey have a right to their opinion. You are insecure otherwise you wouldnt hate a gamethe way you do. Again I didnt lie and I have explained this many times but your too ignorant and stupid to understand. A lie is a deliberate untruth, if you believe in what your saying it cant be a lie either your wrong in your opinion or misinformed. I posted my reference and again you dont understand because you are either A suffer from aspergers or B your pathetic narcacistic ego wont let you admit you were wrong (as it seems is your usual tactic). Thats why you cant leave an argument and you clog up threads , lastly you do the same as wht you accuse another poster on here of doing which also makes you a hypocrite. FFS just fuck off!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
You been caught out too many times sarge .

You say your post was to not put down league .
Then say
storm still get as much press as before. Most AFL people dont hate the Storm like RL people in Sydney hate the Swans or GWS. I guess there just less insecure about their code.

Lol & you don't care what other forums say
Lol
Why is that ....it shows what you just posted is crap

See that's why you get shown up as moronic . Say oNe thing when you posted the opposite

& yes you lie .

Seeing as I'm not supposed to dig up old bullshit I will just generalise .
You have previously accused me of posting stuff
I asked for proof .
You couldn't provide
In fact I reposted a few of my own posts that were the complete opposite of what you claimed .
They showed that what you claimed as 100 % bullshit
You're the strawman argument king on here .

Which brings me back to the question I've asked over & over ..& fumblers can't answer .
If afl is so good ..so popular ..so far ahead of other sports ..etc etc .
Why the need for fans to continually lie about it & its rivals .

Shouldn't you mob be secure enough that you don't have to resort to bullshit to argue the merits of your sport.

:_<> :_<> :_<>

🀣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

For what it is worth i dont hate rl ... indifferent maybr. I am certainly not going to google stuff on rl or nrl lol to find negative articles lol
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

LOL

Rugby League rates better in Melbourne than AFL in Sydney.

SOO got one of Melbourne biggest crowd . Matter of fact it was larger than any other AFL crowd bar that years grand final.

But Hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: ↑Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 am
LOL

Rugby League rates better in Melbourne than AFL in Sydney.

SOO got one of Melbourne biggest crowd . Matter of fact it was larger than any other AFL crowd bar that years grand final.

But Hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
facts pissy cat
Sydney swans biggest team in Sydney
Minnowbourne storm most minnow irrelevant so called professional football team in Melbourne

all these people watch SOO, yet no one watches the storm :wave:

so again proves my point SOO is a gimmick all these people are league fans for a game, then move along to with their usual life and have next to no interest in league soo, an excuse for a mid week piss up, get together with friends or work mates (not that you loons know anything about that)

game in game out, year in year out my point is proven correct :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys