Rugby league world cup 2017 meaningful or flop?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

Rugby League World Cup 2017

Meaningful
44%
Flop
56%

Total votes: 9

rugby365
Reserves
Reserves
Team: warriors Hurricanes All Blacks
Been liked: 0

Rugby league world cup 2017 meaningful or flop?

Post by rugby365 »

with the 2017 league world cup only months away will we see a new team or two in the final or will it be nz and oz for the 3rd tournament in a row? will we also see a higher attendance then 2013? will it be better than 2013?

judging by the 4 nations it could be close to a different team in the final but most likely it'll be nz and oz again.

attendance wise I don't think it will beat 2013 due to the fact the games are so spread out it'll be hard for supports to travel around to see the games unless you have a bit of $$ to spend.

overall it'll be a nice tournament but nothing special to remember.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Rugby league world cup 2017 meaningful or flop?

Post by Beaussie »

This thread needs a poll. As for the question... flop in my mind. Same old shit with Australia and New Zealand dominating. Boring
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The jealousy is strong in this one
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:19 pm
This thread needs a poll. As for the question... flop in my mind. Same old shit with Australia and New Zealand dominating. Boring
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
The usual from the southern hicks .

Lol
A fan of a sport that has no international professional profile is having a go at another .

& then he says boring

Lol wasn't considered boring the last RLWC

Rugby League rules Wembley thanks to RLWC2013

Rugby League World Cup 2013 has beaten off competition from the FA Cup Final, the Champions League Final, the NFL and several other major sporting and musical events, including The Killers and Bruce Springsteen, to be named Best Wembley Moment of 2013.

New Zealand’s thrilling clash with England, which was decided by Shaun Johnson’s try in the final minute, was nominated for the award, and it won the popular vote from fans and members of the public as the year’s most memorable moment under the arch.

It means that for the first time since the new stadium opened Rugby League will be immortalised in stone on Wembley Way, and forever remember as the venue’s biggest moment of 2013.

RLWC2013 Tournament General Manager Sally Bolton said “Many people have called the England v New Zealand semi-final the best game of Rugby League they’d ever seen.

“However, considering the competition, it’s fantastic to get recognised like this. It’s another feather in the cap for RLWC2013 and a fantastic accolade.”

Roger Maslin, Managing Director of Wembley Stadium, said: “2013 has been an incredible year for Wembley Stadium, not just through the calibre of events hosted, but for the excitement they have provided. We’ve had last-minute winners in both major football finals, World Cup qualification for the England football team and spectacular musical performances from some world-class acts.

However, the drama of the Rugby League World Cup Semi-Final certainly befitted the occasion, so it is right to commemorate the match with a Wembley Way stone.”

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
doesn't matter what it is
RL 9s
SOO
4 Nations
RL World Cup
It's the same insane jealous posts whenever these games roll around .

It really upsets the fumblers
It's comical for us leagies
This thread will be comedy gold once the usual key mashers get on here
Bea has already posted .

🤣
Xman wrote
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Lol
A fan of a sport that has no international professional profile is having a go at another .

& then he says boring

Rugby League World Cup 2013 has beaten off competition from the FA Cup Final, the Champions League Final, the NFL and several other major sporting and musical events, including The Killers and Bruce Springsteen, to be named Best Wembley Moment of 2013.

New Zealand’s thrilling clash with England, which was decided by Shaun Johnson’s try in the final minute, was nominated for the award, and it won the popular vote from fans and members of the public as the year’s most memorable moment under the arch.

It means that for the first time since the new stadium opened Rugby League will be immortalised in stone on Wembley Way, and forever remember as the venue’s biggest moment of 2013.

RLWC2013 Tournament General Manager Sally Bolton said “Many people have called the England v New Zealand semi-final the best game of Rugby League they’d ever seen.

“However, considering the competition, it’s fantastic to get recognised like this. It’s another feather in the cap for RLWC2013 and a fantastic accolade.”

Roger Maslin, Managing Director of Wembley Stadium, said: “2013 has been an incredible year for Wembley Stadium, not just through the calibre of events hosted, but for the excitement they have provided. We’ve had last-minute winners in both major football finals, World Cup qualification for the England football team and spectacular musical performances from some world-class acts.

However, the drama of the Rugby League World Cup Semi-Final certainly befitted the occasion, so it is right to commemorate the match with a Wembley Way stone.”
60k for a double header semi final isn't something to celebrate lol, that's embarrassing considering Ireland vs Romania drew 90k. but hey its ok to celebrate mediocrity :salute:
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

2019 is when the next REAL rugby world cup begins and millions cant wait.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
You ignored the award given to Rl
Why is that .

& pimms old boy ...Rl fans don't profess to be a major international sport .

Ru is well ahead
About as far ahead as RL is of AFl

Me thinks you are on here to make yourself feel good because of the dire state of your sport in this country .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

rugby365 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Lol

& then he says boring

60k for a double header semi final isn't something to celebrate lol, that's embarrassing considering Ireland vs Romania drew 90k. but hey its ok to celebrate mediocrity :salute:

Ok pal....so you start a thread here about the 2017 RL WC and then you dish on it because you're a Union flunky!!! Well I suggest you post a story about how good RU is going in Aus. Good luck with that one loser!!!!!
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

Terry wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:20 pm
rugby365 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Lol

& then he says boring

Ok pal....so you start a thread here about the 2017 RL WC and then you dish on it because you're a Union flunky!!! Well I suggest you post a story about how good RU is going in Aus. Good luck with that one loser!!!!!
gotta love the ''rugby in aus'' line because that's the only line you have. dont worry ill be writing plenty of rugby posts soon, been reading a few posts on this site for a little while now and there seems to be a lot of union bashing but no one to defend it, so I thought ill sign up and even the odds up. making it a more interesting ''fight club''. I can see im getting to you already :<>
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
You seem to deflect a lot

🤣
Xman wrote
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:09 am
Lol
You seem to deflect a lot
not at all, just stating my intentions :D
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

I can predict with 100% accuracy that it will be better than the AFL world cup. :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

The basement dwellers seem to dodge that fact!

Australia and NZ dominate,
Pissweak pathetic regulations where if a nrlol player is to unco to make the Australian and NZ team can pick and choose his next favourite colours and country and play for them! Then if he changes his mind he can play for a different country
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:49 am
I can predict with 100% accuracy that it will be better than the AFL world cup. :rock:
No it can't! Fact!
One is a game of Aussie rules & the other is a game of league!
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.