AFL buy Etihad stadium

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: AFL buy Etihad stadium

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote:
Fred wrote:
It had retractable seats to make it rectangular.
Sounds like a smaller version of the current ANZ except with a retractable roof.
far better viewing as well.
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Never liked it. Ground too small for 1. And cold and clinical cement box. But a lot do love it but not me.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote:
Never liked it. Ground too small for 1. And cold and clinical cement box. But a lot do love it but not me.
you getting your grounds mixed up, how is a trip to etihad any colder than the MCG. on a cold winters night its awsome with the roof on
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

the best thing is the AFL now own it and can do with it what they want. What a great position to be in
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Fred wrote:
you getting your grounds mixed up, how is a trip to etihad any colder than the MCG. on a cold winters night its awsome with the roof on

No ... Don't like it. The whole of dock lands is a wind blown waste land imo
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
Fred wrote:

the docklands is next to the bay and the port so the blustery winds are only to be expected.
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NlolRL wrote:
the best thing is the AFL now own it and can do with it what they want. What a great position to be in
Great to be the new landlords. Up the price for any soccer or rugby codes that want to use the stadium I say. :<>
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

Docklands great stadium. Great news
EST. 1870
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Never even heard of the stadium lol
Well they played SOO, a RL test match, A-League, NRL matches, RU Tests, Cricket one dayers and BB - you obviously don't get around much do you!
well he is a NRL fan!
so its pretty self explanatory
lol State of Origin was last played at the MCG in Melbourne and I am imagining this Etihad not being such a good ground for rectangular codes if AFL is buying it.
You have NFI do you!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

victory are tied into using it till 2022 or some shit i think?

if there was ever a capability to upgrade aami park to ~40k then sooner rather than later would be great
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

sydneyfc wrote:

if there was ever a capability to upgrade aami park to ~40k then sooner rather than later would be great
have the victory got any games scheduled this season?

id imagine the AFL would still let the Victory play games there under their ownership, if the venue is available, they would be mad not to.

the building of AAMI park is a wierd one, the foundations of the ground were over engineered so the capacity of the stadium could of been 50k but for the possibility of the venue to be even up graded the whole roof structure covering the seats would have to be completely redone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne ... ar_Stadium

IMO the venue should of been built to a 40k capacity in the first place, a possible more internationals would be held there & teams like the Victory have a decent sized fan base. Melbourne has always had a good soccer following.

it would of been even more funny to see the minnowbourne storm playing in front of their 12k sized crowds in a larger venue as well :mrgreen:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

sydneyfc wrote:

Won't happen - Edihad has a capacity of 50+. The AFL and the A League won't care who ownes it only who uses it - but I do see the A League re negotiating the stadium contract.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

id imagine the AFL would still let the Victory play games there under their ownership, if the venue is available, they would be mad not to.

the building of AAMI park is a wierd one, the foundations of the ground were over engineered so the capacity of the stadium could of been 50k but for the possibility of the venue to be even up graded the whole roof structure covering the seats would have to be completely redone

IMO the venue should of been built to a 40k capacity in the first place, a possible more internationals would be held there & teams like the Victory have a decent sized fan base. Melbourne has always had a good soccer following.

it would of been even more funny to see the minnowbourne storm playing in front of their 12k sized crowds in a larger venue as well :mrgreen:
Is it possible to post something factual

Storms home crowd average was 14,963 .

Just another lie to add to your ever growing list
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

leagueiscrap wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

completely agree

although i believe originally etihad blocked the initial plans to make it 40k and capped it at 30k due to a clause they had in the contract that no other stadium in melbourne can be built with a capacity over 30k. wook might know more about this

i dunno the specifics but i believe victorys deal with etihad is financially beneficial for the victory, its just a pain for the fans more than anything else because of the shape. but when the stadium is full and the roof is closed, its a pretty cool place if u ask me. i think they have to play all derby games there and 1/3rd of the rest of their home games at etihad
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Fred wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
Fred wrote:

Fred I think your wrong docklands is actually one of the booming areas of Melb and is still growing that's why the council they wanted to buy Edihad and tear it down to build more apartments