The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code In Australia

Post by pussycat »

If it was the most watched program than why would Origin 3 be awarded the title for the most watched sports program of 2017?, Tennis Open 2nd, Origin 1 3rd???

Rugby League wages have gone through the roof also. While Cherry Evans may have been the highest paid league player a couple of years ago he wouldn't be today. The leading players also get large bonuses for Origin and tests.

We had 4 of the top 5 highest rating games all over 3.4millon
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:11 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:53 pm
Lol
Some people do live in a bubble

Most watched sport in AUst ..RL
Most valuable tv deal per minute or per hr ..RL
This is having your cake and eating it too. On the one hand you compare the AFL deal to leagues on a minute by minute basis, without actually acknowledging that the AFL rates over a longer period of time, and is likely to be more watched on a per time basis over the year.
HIghest paid footballer in Aust..RL
We know that 2 AFL players were paid "1.2m +" in 2016. We havent yet been told what their 2017 wages weree, I wouldnt celebrate yet. And in any case Manly overpaying some idiot has fuck all bearing on the games popularity.
Highest rating game of the year..RL
I game a year maketh not a season.
I could go on ....
But why should I destroy the bubble you live on

Of fuck it...please do go on it's a laugh a minute .
You should go on. Your trying to fight what you percieve as a bubble with your own.

* highest media deal - AFL (Not per minute, not per game, simply the most money. period.)
* highest crowds - AFL - seriously its more than double
* highest memberships
* highest league revenue - AFL (not "biggest increase" - like theres a fucking most improved trophy or some shit.).
* highest sponsorship revenue - AFL

Incidentally on all the above measurements, the AFL leads all comers in this country, not just Rugby league.

All you have are tv ratings poppet. And even then, they arent the be all and end all league folk claim them to be,
Seriously you have joined the I fail comprehension club that the fumble fans on here seem to Live in .
You're ranting about something I never mentioned .( see highlighted bit above)

Never argued against crowds or sponsorship or revenue . Or membership .

I just corrected some of the blatant crap sprouted by sports bullshitter .
& what the fuck does Player wages have to do with popularity .
It wasn't never mentioned that wages = popularity.

Seriously ..are you channeling swines the Strawman .
Arguing against things that aren't there or haven't been said .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:14 pm
Yep all my points are correct .
Thank you come again
So are mine. Except there's shit loads more of them. And they all refer to the AFL exclusively as a whole competition.
Not like yours.
Three seperate competitions for your ratings. NRL,SOO and whatever the other one is. I seriously don't know.
I literally don't understand your rant with rights. There's only two figures that count, 2.5b and 1.8b.
One player counts for fuck all in the grand scheme. About 1% of tpp
One game counts for fuck all in the grand scheme. And it's only because all the Vic's tune in to see some cockroaches get squished and listen to Gus squirm. Seriously good entertainment!
So please, go on....
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol but but but but

🤣
Xman wrote
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:10 pm
Lol but but but but
You're the Victor of a drop in an AFL ocean.
Must fill you with pride......
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Some interesting stats in the social media rankings for Australian sporting teams below. Four BBL teams, four NRL teams & two AFL teams in the top ten. Interestingly the AFL teams limped in at 9 & 10.

https://digitalsportslabs.com.au/social ... ll-sports/
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

Terry wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:42 pm
Some interesting stats in the social media rankings for Australian sporting teams below. Four BBL teams, four NRL teams & two AFL teams in the top ten. Interestingly the AFL teams limped in at 9 & 10.

How does that translate to interest thou, maybe AFL fans are more interested in visiting their club site. Its really a stat that doesnt tell us much, unless you ask everyone. Aside from which what are you trying to say?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Swans4ever wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:57 pm

How does that translate to interest thou, maybe AFL fans are more interested in visiting their club site. Its really a stat that doesnt tell us much, unless you ask everyone. Aside from which what are you trying to say?
I'm not saying anything pal the stats are! And you writing them off is standard fumbleball deflection. If the stats, like TV ratings, are against AFL you disregard them. If they are for the fumbling game you scream them from the highest mountain.

What it shows is your insecurity in your bubble you little man.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You can write off social media ...lol
It's how the world is these days .
It's what occupies the majority of teens & young adults .
Just look at any young person/ people ..most looking at their phones .
Like it or not social media is a big part of people's lives

But it's nothing if it favours RL
Insignificant if fumbles is not on top .

Talk about living in an alternate reality .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

SportCapital wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:14 pm
Yep all my points are correct .
Thank you come again
So are mine. Except there's shit loads more of them. And they all refer to the AFL exclusively as a whole competition.
Not like yours.
Three seperate competitions for your ratings. NRL,SOO and whatever the other one is. I seriously don't know.
I literally don't understand your rant with rights. There's only two figures that count, 2.5b and 1.8b.
One player counts for fuck all in the grand scheme. About 1% of tpp
One game counts for fuck all in the grand scheme. And it's only because all the Vic's tune in to see some cockroaches get squished and listen to Gus squirm. Seriously good entertainment!
So please, go on....

Our representative players are the best players in the NRL. Just because you don't have that, or only at a pretend or imaginary level hardly means it doesn't exist. It just highlights how stupid you people are.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Terry wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 am

I'm not saying anything pal the stats are! And you writing them off is standard fumbleball deflection. If the stats, like TV ratings, are against AFL you disregard them. If they are for the fumbling game you scream them from the highest mountain.

Where did I say i wrote them off, what I said was unless you have a full picture of ALL stats then cherry picking a particular stat to suit your argument means nothing (like using this particulat stat to claim interest whilst crowds go down). I said you need a complete picture before you can say what it represents. If anyone lives in a bubble it would be the person who needs to make shit up using dubious info to suit their argument.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:59 am

Where did I say i wrote them off, what I said was unless you have a full picture of ALL stats then cherry picking a particular stat to suit your argument means nothing (like using this particulat stat to claim interest whilst crowds go down). I said you need a complete picture before you can say what it represents. If anyone lives in a bubble it would be the person who needs to make shit up using dubious info to suit their argument.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That's gold ..solid gold from the king of Strawman arguments

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:47 am
Swans4ever wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:59 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That's gold ..solid gold from the king of Strawman arguments
A bit like saying the Swans arent the biggest club in Sydney even thou they have the largest crowds, membership and football revenue eh crapper........hypocrite ...hahaha
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Here we go again .
You just started another Strawman argument .
Can you show where I've said why you just claimed

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:34 pm
Here we go again .
You just started another Strawman argument .
Can you show where I've said why you just claimed
And here we go again deflection and taking issue with one aspect but igniring the point. Your arguments are always circular. The point of this article was no more than to say that the Swans year was a success, you then quote your usual BS to insinuate that somehow despite such successs they are failing. When anyone calls into question your argument then its they that are presenting a strawman argument, when pointed out the implication of YOUR conclusions its the usual retreat into show where I said that knowing full well the inference your asking others to draw. How about you just acknowledge the Swans have done well or better yet not comment. After all how is the Swans doingg well affecting your love for RL? It doesnt. But your jeolousy proves your just an insecure small minded person.