Predictions: The next A-League TV deal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Re: Predictions: The next A-League TV deal

Post by post_hoc »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
$57 million per year PTV for 6 years, Free to air and digital to follow in the new year. So I think I said $60-$70 million about 6 months ago, so there you have it. Good result
You think wrong .
You were laughed at
& rightly so

Re: Predictions: The next Aleague TV deal
Postby post_hoc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:35 am

At least $80 mil. (ie double) Bidding war between Optus and Foxtel, with foxtel desperate to hold onto the rights (as it is the A League subscribers that boost the rest of the football they offer) With probably Chanel 7 winning the push for the free to air on Saturday night.

Funny how overseas TV manage to find ways to advertise in a football match...........Just saying
My mistake, I have given two predictions the earlier one you have linked to, I believe was made before the news the Socceroos were removed so I may be pretty close to that when they are added into the mix. Won't know until after March
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Beep beep beeeeeeeep. Back it up .
You were all cocky now reality has arrived you have walked it in reverse .
Beep beep
Lol lol lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Any commercial networks expressed any interest thus far? Hmmm
Yep, and you saw the start of it last week and you will see it again on Tuesday night. Channel 9 are showing the Socceroos qualifying rounds.
Um, your point about the Socceroos is? :?>

This will be hilarious. A-League is worth shit without the Socceroos. :(/ :(/ :(/
A-League TV rights to be sold separately from Socceroos
DAVID DAVUTOVIC, Herald Sun
May 9, 2016 7:57pm

THE A-League TV rights will be sold independently for the first time, with FFA blocked from bundling Socceroos rights into one package.

The unprecedented step leaves uncertainty around the A-League’s broadcast value, with the current $40m-a-year TV deal inclusive of the first phase of 2018 World Cup qualifiers and the 2015 Asian Cup.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/footb ... bff774a5fb
LOL Beaussie, you claimed the A-League is worth Shit without the socceroos, well looks like you were made to eat your words. The price has significantly increased yet the socceroos were taken out of the equation.
Soccer is still shit when compared to the AFL and NRL broadcast deals. Shit lol
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Yep, and you saw the start of it last week and you will see it again on Tuesday night. Channel 9 are showing the Socceroos qualifying rounds.

This will be hilarious. A-League is worth shit without the Socceroos. :(/ :(/ :(/

THE A-League TV rights will be sold independently for the first time, with FFA blocked from bundling Socceroos rights into one package.

The unprecedented step leaves uncertainty around the A-League’s broadcast value, with the current $40m-a-year TV deal inclusive of the first phase of 2018 World Cup qualifiers and the 2015 Asian Cup.

LOL Beaussie, you claimed the A-League is worth Shit without the socceroos, well looks like you were made to eat your words. The price has significantly increased yet the socceroos were taken out of the equation.
But not as shit as you predicted pal. Once again you've got egg dripping of ya china ya dill!!!!! You must be punch drunk you've been pounded so much lately.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

The_Wookie wrote:
57 million is better than my first predicitions (40-50 million), although i changed my mind on 442 and predicted 65 - which i still reckon will be close.

In any case, its not a bad deal - but its not great considering it includes EVERYTHING the ffa can sell.
Well we don't know what the FTV will be, nor the digital nor the overseas nor the Socceroos so that's not corr ct they haven't sold everything.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

How fucking pathetic are you. You were so wrong, you can't even admit it, all you do is sit there shouting nah man your shit lol

You are fucking pathetic
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
57 million is better than my first predicitions (40-50 million), although i changed my mind on 442 and predicted 65 - which i still reckon will be close.

In any case, its not a bad deal - but its not great considering it includes EVERYTHING the ffa can sell.
Well we don't know what the FTV will be, nor the digital nor the overseas nor the Socceroos so that's not corr ct they haven't sold everything.
It includes everything they can sell to Fox. Although it apparently does include a clause that would make Fox pay for additional games if the league expands - however it also apparently allows Fox to have some input on when and if expansion takes place.

They dont have additional socceroos rights to sell, they are already owned by Fox or not part of the FFA rights package.
Some digital rights are being held - it hasnt been specified as to what they are - but given Fox have the rights to streaming on foxtel play/go, and Id bet almost certainly mobile through their own app - there wont be much to offer Telstra.

Overseas is worth about 1 million at the moment. So i wouldnt hang too much of a hat on that.

The fact that FTA is being left on the shelf until after BBL rights are negotiated speaks volumes about its desirability to networks.

Hmmmmm.......so when you said it includes, 'everything the FFA can sell' you were wrong - what a surprise!!! You can join the site owner mopping the egg off ya chin. This deal will get around 70 mill give or take a bit around the edges. No doubt you and your mate will continue to talk it down. Cheers and merry xmas!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote:
It is literally everything the FFA can sell at this point. they cant sell socceroos, they dont have the fucking rights. They wont sell FTA to fox, and they've already flogged digital rights to fox.

finally: Optus paid 63 million a year for the EPL. Fox are paying 57.6 - including contra - to the FFA for the entire Aleague, Wleague, FFA Cup and assorted Socceroos friendlies not covered under the AFC arrangements, and that includes the right to pay tv, and streaming through Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play.
So now you say it's everything they can sell at 'this point'. Why can't you fumblers just talk straight instead of talking everything, other than fumbleball, down and spinning and spinning and spinning. They still have a FTA spot to sell - that will bring in considerably more money and is probably the most important component to them.

In spite of the fact I think you and Bea are dills (although you to a lesser extent).......peace and goodwill!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

The_Wookie wrote:
The fact that FTA is being left on the shelf until after BBL rights are negotiated speaks volumes about its desirability to networks.
Sure does
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
Sure does
Who woulda known.......the two fumbling zealots who run this site talking down the new aleague rights.........lololololololol.....dills!! Who coulda predicted that???? Oh yeah......every sane person here......which means me and about 2 others.....lolololololol.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Just stating the reality FFS. BBL is what the networks really want. Not soccer. Learn to deal with it.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote:
Just stating the reality FFS. BBL is what the networks really want. Not soccer. Learn to deal with it.

Thanks pal. The actual conversation related to your predictions about the money the aleague would get. And of course you were wrong, wrong, fool, wrong. Now you deflect to the BBL - typical fumbling zealot response.When getting pumped talk about something else.....lololololololol.

Go back into your fumbling zealots citadel ya dill, pat each other on the head and nod in unison.....lololololol....I'm sure Wookie is there, Fredo, Lic, .....as well as Santa, the tooth fairy, Bambi, Gilligan and all those fumble 'participants' all around the world...lolololol.

Peace and goodwill to you all!!!!! Dills !!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote:
Terry wrote:

So now you say it's everything they can sell at 'this point'. Why can't you fumblers just talk straight instead of talking everything, other than fumbleball, down and spinning and spinning and spinning.
Why do i have to spell out every fucking sentence? This isnt kindergarden. They werent selling future rights to foxtel today where they you peanut.
Thanks Wookie ...you cashew!!!. So.....if they're not selling future rights are they selling past rights???? Like replay games????? This is very confusing Wookster - just what do you mean pal????

Also: I've always thought that if you have to use the 'F" word you've lost the argument. Just a thought!!

Peace and goodwill.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Wookie, you are wrong about the socceroos, the existing deal with FIFA appointed broadcaster who's name escapes me (they changed names recently) is for later stages of qualifying and obviously world cup. It does not include early rounds and friendlies, these are owned by the FFA and I do not believe they have been bundled into this package.

Having said all of that, I know it is hard for the AFL crowd to understand but the total broadcasting rights is a lot larger than the one mentioned and the FTV and digital to come. Fox also pays to broadcast the socceroos in the World Cup (usually on-sells as well) SBS have paid to broadcast the Confederations Cup in Russia, Fox also pays every year to broadcast the Asian Champions League etc etc. Optus has also paid to broadcast the confederations and world and women's world cups

All of these rights etc do find their way back to the FFA for instance the last world cup the FFA earned $8 million, they will get a share of the rights from the confederations cup etc etc.

I know it is hard for you AFL guys to understand, but the $57 million is not the whole story and far from it.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Beaussie wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
Sure does
Actually it is just smart business, all codes do it, they make sure they don't align so they get the best outcome.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685