Predictions: The next A-League TV deal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Predictions: The next A-League TV deal

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I don't think they'll get anywhere near 80 m
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Gallop* ummmmmmm arggggggg ummmmmm fish we are fishies r.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Post by eelofwest »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
I don't think they'll get anywhere near 80 m
57m from Fox already signed.

-FTA rights ?, socceroos friendly's and the best aleague games on saturday nights x 27 rounds.

-Overseas rights which was 1million a year 5 years ago, maybe 2-3million a year this time around.

-Online rights, Telstra have made it known they will be going for those online rights. AFL 300million over 6 years, NRL 200million over 5 years.

-NZ Sky tv rights currently 800k a year.

-Asian federation tv money distribution for Asians champions league competition.

It will be over 70m, how much over is anybody's guess.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:39 am
except they most likely havent got 57 million a year signed, since theres 15 million tied up in performance benchmarks.
So what are those performance benchmarks?

If you cant tell me then i can just assume they are benchmarks just incase the comps ratings tank like the Super rugby has.

Or it could be benchmarks for increases, who knows.

Until we know its not worth a mention tbh.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Good work Dave umm aghhhh Gallop
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

well this explains a lot.. was trying to figure out why FOX paid overs for this product...

so its pretty much not that much bigger than there previous deal..
and its locked in for a further 6 years.. "ouch"

Geez this should be a walk in for the BIG BASH to eclipse this figure lol
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Football Federation Australia has failed to entice the three commercial free-to-air television networks into bidding for A-League and Socceroos matches, leaving the ABC in the box seat to gain the rights.
Seven West Media, Nine Entertainment, Network Ten and current FTA rights holder SBS are understood to have not lodged an official bid with the FFA by last Thursday's deadline, having baulked at some FFA requirements such as having to pay Fox Sports $2 million in annual production costs.
It is understood and FFA and ABC are in discussions.
Sources have told The Australian Financial Review that there had been "multiple bids" for rights, but that could mean Telstra has also lodged a bid for streaming rights.
The Financial Review revealed tender documents had been recently sent to the market and though FFA and its advisers Adana Partners held discussions with Seven, Nine and Ten, no official bids eventuated.

The big three broadcasters are understood to have tried to broker a deal with the FFA but not for the price or terms the body wanted.
The ABC therefore has emerged as a leading contender to secure the rights, which begin later this year.
The FFA and the national broadcaster declined to comment.
The news comes as the A-League enters its final series this weekend in the last year of what is a $160 million four-year deal with Fox Sports and SBS.

Deal unlikely
The relationship between the FFA and SBS has become fractured over the last four years and the prospect of renewing the deal has always been unlikely.
Before the 2015-16 A-League season, it looked as though SBS might sell the free-to-air rights to Nine, Seven or Ten, but a deal never materialised.
The A-League, which had been moved to SBS's main channel during the second year of the deal, was moved back to SBS2 for the 2015-16 season.
"It's been reasonably well documented that FFA and SBS have explored alternatives," FFA chief executive David Gallop said at the time.
Fox Sports has already signed a record $346 million broadcast deal, but the FFA had hoped to strike a free-to-air deal by May.
In the event the FFA, ABC, or any other free-to-air broadcaster can't work out a deal, the rights revert to Fox Sports for an extra $2 million to $4 million per year.
Fox Sports could still later on-sell the rights to another broadcaster, sources said Ten is in the mix, as it currently does with Nine and Socceroos matches.
Foxtel, which is 50-50 owned by News Corporation and Telstra, owns 14.9 per cent of Ten. Fox Sports is fully owned by News Corp.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/media-and-m ... z4ekUXbfgv
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

post_hoc wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:06 am
eelofwest, don't forget that is without the Socceroos included, I think the FTV will be closer to $7-10 million but for a 12 year old league not a bad deal.

beaussie, you are struggling, you have been shown to be wanting on this thread.
No commercial tv network has appeared very interested thus far. Report today from Fairfax that Channel 7 may be keen for the Saturday night games broadcast on one of their secondary channels, but not willing to pay anything like what the FFA was hoping for.

Seven originally only offered mostly contra. Oh dear, you still confident with your predictions throughout this thread post_hoc? lol
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

you mean how my [predictions thought we would get less than we did? and in fact it has grown well above what the last deal was? No I'm not happy I'd like to adjust my predictions up LOL. Sorry Beaussie once again you shot yourself in the foot
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

A-League broadcast deal: Channel Ten, Fox Sports to take Australian football to more fans than ever

NETWORK Ten will broadcast A-League and Socceroos matches in a deal agreed with Football Federation Australia and Fox Sports to deliver Australian football to more fans than ever before.
A Saturday night A-League match and all finals clashes will be shown on Network Ten from the start of the 2017-2018 season, as well as Socceroos games once this World Cup Qualifying cycle has ended.
Network Ten’s ‘One’ channel will take a live simulcast of Fox Sports’ 7.30pm Saturday night match next season, meaning the code’s best commentary team featuring the likes of Mark Bosnich, Robbie Slater, Simon Hill, Adam Peacock, Andy Harper and Tara Rushton will deliver their coverage to more fans than in the game’s history.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a- ... a6333a57d4
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Beaussie wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 am
post_hoc wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:06 am
eelofwest, don't forget that is without the Socceroos included, I think the FTV will be closer to $7-10 million but for a 12 year old league not a bad deal.

beaussie, you are struggling, you have been shown to be wanting on this thread.
No commercial tv network has appeared very interested thus far. Report today from Fairfax that Channel 7 may be keen for the Saturday night games broadcast on one of their secondary channels, but not willing to pay anything like what the FFA was hoping for.

Seven originally only offered mostly contra. Oh dear, you still confident with your predictions throughout this thread post_hoc? lol
Looks like you blew your load too early beaussie, is that a common problem for you?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:13 am
A-League broadcast deal: Channel Ten, Fox Sports to take Australian football to more fans than ever

NETWORK Ten will broadcast A-League and Socceroos matches in a deal agreed with Football Federation Australia and Fox Sports to deliver Australian football to more fans than ever before.
A Saturday night A-League match and all finals clashes will be shown on Network Ten from the start of the 2017-2018 season, as well as Socceroos games once this World Cup Qualifying cycle has ended.
Network Ten’s ‘One’ channel will take a live simulcast of Fox Sports’ 7.30pm Saturday night match next season, meaning the code’s best commentary team featuring the likes of Mark Bosnich, Robbie Slater, Simon Hill, Adam Peacock, Andy Harper and Tara Rushton will deliver their coverage to more fans than in the game’s history.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a- ... a6333a57d4
Leeroy

Thanks for posting that, it's a good summary. mind you a bit nervous about a Facebook post in which some wag dared Channel 10 to hire that Aron Chen bloke who was pathetic on the ABC coverage of Sydney FC v Liverpool, and Channel 10 came back and said get 10,000 likes and we will talk. NIGHTMARES lol
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

no prob's

surly they couldn't employ this guy to the soccer coverage
embarrassing let alone stupid! lol

(best possible thing A League could of done getting on FTA)
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:17 am
post_hoc wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:38 pm
Looks like you blew your load too early beaussie, is that a common problem for you?
lol you can wank yourself over this all you like.

Ten are taking it because 1) Foxsports owners have an interest in Ten and 2) Foxtel and Ten have an advertising partnership. Oh and they most likely cant afford to bid for the BBL.

Now Ten arent doing any production work of their own, and are taking a direct Foxtel feed - including commentary and advertising, and sticking it on One because no advertising revenue for ten will keep it off Ten itself.
Only one appearing to blow their load was Beaussie, but hey you seem happy to join him. You two make a lovely couple
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685