the Thuns !!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: the Thuns !!

Post by AFLcrap1 »

English please .

& Looks like khunt in a Suns singlet to me .

Lol .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFL footballers and their party drugs shame exposed

by: Jon Anderson
July 03, 2015 9:00PM

PICTURE an inner-city nightclub, the queue 100 deep while inside enthusiasts grind to the beat of Runaway by Gelantis, when suddenly a group of five very fit and very recognisable men in their early 20s arrives.

Far from joining the madding crowd of “randoms” outside, they are ushered in by musclebound sycophants desperate for their patronage in the knowledge they qualify as celebrities and that means business.

Free drinks aren’t a problem, although the drink-card days of the 1980s and ’90s are old hat, replaced by an assortment of party drugs of which Amy Winehouse would be proud.

And just as Amy did to her ultimate detriment, these young men often indulge.

It normally involves moving away from the riffraff into celebrity booths where cocaine or ecstasy are readily available.

The AFL-friendly environments are said to be considerate enough to provide private rooms for the cutting and consumption of coke, otherwise it will involve a trip to the powder room where like-minded souls will be on hands and knees snorting for their country.

The scene painted above has taken place every week of 2015 in football-mad Melbourne and will continue for the rest of this year and every one afterwards that you and I are lucky enough to witness.

It will reach its zenith from September to October when holiday time begins and on a good night, or Sunday morning at one notorious city haunt, you can witness a drug-taking equivalent of a feeding the penguins moment at Phillip Island, where hunger overcomes shyness and inhibitions are dropped.

Welcome to the social world of some AFL footballers, their bravado matched by their bulging wallets, their fear of exposure minimal courtesy of a drugs code most find laughable.

If unlucky enough to be busted on the average two tests that occur a year, they still have a second chance and then self-reporting as further back-up.

In most cases they will escape without the telltale hangovers that come from a night at the drip tray or the skin-fold problems caused by a dozen pots of Carlton and United Breweries finest product.

At least they’re the lucky ones and not the present-day AFL star said to have recently booked into a rehab centre, something that goes with the territory in the US where you haven’t truly earned your celebrity stripes until becoming acquainted with a clinic named after the wife of a former US president (Betty Ford).

But not something we are used to in a country that remains relatively naive in the ways of party pharmaceuticals.

And it goes far deeper than just the players. Take a lie-detector into an AFL press box tonight and try not to get kicked to death in the stampede.

In fact, while you are at it turn up at AFL House at the start of play Monday morning and you can be assured of some interesting polygraph activity.

It is just the way of the world, the society we now live in, but one where footballers are held to far greater account than the average garden variety citizen.

Why, because they are paid more, because they acquire instant fame when their number is read out on draft night, or because they are so-called role models?

Read all of the above as young men try to escape the ever-suffocating life of an AFL footballer, one that is growing less enjoyable by the seasons as club demands grow along with expectations of those who pay their hard-earned to go and watch their heroes do battle each week.

Speak to Dustin Fletcher, Paul Chapman and Drew Petrie, all with at least 15 seasons to their name, and all three will assure you the game has grown into a sterilised business, one where your every public move is scrutinised.

“Bad luck”, claim many of the public who believe it goes with the territory. You want to get paid heaps for exploiting your God-given talents then learn to live with what comes with it. Fletcher said in an interview with this newspaper recently that the best days of his 400-game career were the early days back in the 1990s.

“When I first started, ‘Bomber’ Thompson lived near me in Greenvale and I used to get a lift in with him. After a game you could have a drink and relax and you would come in and do rehab on a Monday. To be honest, I did enjoy it more back then. You could go about your footy and not have to worry about all the other stuff,” Fletcher, 40, said.

Chapman, 33, and one of the most decorated players in the game over 279 matches, believes the intensity of the AFL world and the length of a season could see players pushing for less rather than more.

“I agree with Dustin that the game has lost some of its appeal as a player. The length of the pre-season and the scrutiny you are under just keep growing. Maybe you could see players actually accept less money and in return play a 17-round home and away season with a shorter pre-season, “ he said.

To casual observers, drug-taking in the AFL is hardly a recent phenomenon with the West Coast Eagles playing in two Grand Finals a decade ago despite a drug culture that has sadly taken a few prisoners in the time since.

It remains one of football’s great untold stories despite a Ben Cousins biography that highlighted his addiction to methamphetamine. Back in those days the rumours would float across the Nullabor that Cousins and a handful of other Eagles were serious users.

Everyone seemed to have a story yet the AFL and its drug arm either didn’t want to listen or didn’t target the said participants at the right time.

It didn’t seem that hard, just wait for a Friday night game and hit them at the soonest available time afterwards.

But just like Lance Armstrong the authorities were more Inspector Clouseau than Sherlock Holmes. In fact the AFL under Andrew Demetriou went in the other direction, proudly beating their chests at the lack of evidence to suggest there was a drug culture within.
Star footballer Ben Cousins’ life spiralled out of control as a result of drug abuse.

Star footballer Ben Cousins’ life spiralled out of control as a result of drug abuse.

A lame three-strike policy was introduced, arguably with best intentions (the more cynical would claim it was designed to ensure there weren’t too many positive tests) and hopefully now will be overhauled.

So what happened back in the day, when men such as former Geelong 198-game player and now entertaining media performer Bill Brownless played?

“Our drug was beer. We just didn’t see drugs. And that was over 13 years in the 1980s and ’90s, never anything. But the pressure on them now to come up physically each week and then perform is getting to unrealistic levels,” Brownless said.

“I’m not a drug-taker and would never encourage it but there is a part of me that can see why an AFL player does it. You would need to ask someone who has done both, what is better, a massive hangover or the alternative? I would never see drug use when I went out but now I’m becoming better educated.

“We all need to be better educated, particularly when you have kids. I don’t think three strikes is working because it is an epidemic out there.

“Drug use would have to be the No. 1 worry for club CEOs and club boards. But most of them aren’t in the right age group. You will have clubs appointing people solely for that reason.”

In Brownless’s day, cocaine was something we associated with Columbian drug lords such as the late Pablo Escobar rather than hot nightspots of the time like the Tunnel or Billboard. Marijuana was a chance to appear during a night on the tiles, with speed beginning to raise its ugly head while heroin was viewed as an evil and dumbing substance that required a needle for injection.

In the 1980s you were more likely to find players using performance-enhancing drugs in the form of steroids rather than so-called party drugs.

In a 1990 book titled The Black and White Diaries, written by Brian Taylor and this author, a VFL best and fairest winner in the 1980s was prepared to go on the record about his steroid use, on the proviso that others, including two of the highest-profile players in the game, were also named. His name wasn’t used on legal advice.

Just as is the case today with the unnamed Gold Coast 11 who were lagged to the police by king rat Karmichael Hunt, legal advice ensures some level of anonymity, something that wasn’t available to Harley Bennell when pictorial evidence showed him allegedly snorting speed.

To gain a better insight into drug use from a player’s perspective, the Herald Sun interviewed someone who came through the system, who has partied with the best of them even if his buzz came through a glass rather than a $20 note. As is the case in an AFL world where figures are increasingly jumping at shadows, he spoke under the guise of anonymity.

“Not all but the higher-profile players can get their drugs for free. People like to big note, say ‘Hey, I gave such and such to so and so last night’. It gives them a sick sense of importance,” the player said.

“And while drug use is becoming more prevalent, it isn’t something that is widely spoken about within a club. You don’t want anything getting back to the club so you find two or three like-minded souls, blokes you can trust.

“What percentage of blokes at an AFL club would take drugs? I couldn’t tell you but it’s massive in the off-season, when with all the pressure they just go berserk. She’s right on in October. Mostly cocaine. I don’t think the AFL is too serious about catching them either.

“I got tested twice in a year, both times on Fridays. I said to the testers why are you testing me now? Once you got tested you knew you were free to get on for the weekend as Ben Cousins would say. Party time. So why wouldn’t you test on Mondays? I reckon the AFL does it for the stats although I will say do they do target the same blokes who they reckon would be using. But even then they are still testing them on a Thursday-Friday, so they aren’t having a real go.

“Some people do it every now and then and some can’t have a good night without it. What I will say is the club I was at, some of the blokes doing it were big names. But you know what? They were good people and I learnt from that you can’t judge just say because they take drugs they are a bad person.”

So how do you prevent “good people” from going down a path which is both illegal and potentially life-threatening? The above player in question, who now plays suburban football, says it comes down to education. And early education.

“You can do all the education you want but that’s not going to stop those who are already doing it. You have to get them early, the TAC Cup and AIS kids, get to them before they have done it. Once they have done it you won’t stop them. There are players on it who consistently surprise you and they take it because they pull up better after a big night.”

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

50 point winners last night! Suppose not as a big as a mess that RL posters are suggesting! How's the Titans and their drug cheating, cocaine habit and their 35 mil of debt??? Talk about hypocrites!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.32 KiB) Viewed 1008 times

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

But fresh viewership data shows the NRL has swamped the rival codes in Queensland, leveraging the tidal wave of interest created by the Broncos and Cowboys’ historic grand-final showdown in October.

In a remarkable sign of rugby league’s popularity, almost 49 million fans watched the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans on free-to-air and pay TV broadcasts last season.

Incredibly, the Broncos accounted for half the viewership with a record 24.8 million figure. Their rivals in three other codes — rugby’s Reds, football’s Roar and AFL’s Suns and Lions — totalled 15,234,000 collectively, underlining the pulling power of the Broncos for TV network bosses.

The Broncos’ proliferation of free-to-air games on Channel Nine gives the club a distinct broadcasting advantage.

But their home gates have also soared to an average of 36,097, dwarfing NRL premiers the Cowboys (16,649), while the Reds’ mark has dropped to 21,780, a 36 per cent plunge.

Brisbane chief executive Paul White lauded Brisbane’s viewership strength as the club looks to continue its market dominance by breaking a 10-year title drought next season.

“We’ve set a benchmark and we don’t want to go backwards,” White said.

“Our crowds are getting more and more vocal and embracing game day. I know our players appreciate the support for the club and we want to build on that next year.”

It is a measure of rugby league’s strength in Queensland that even the lowly Titans, a club so strife-torn the NRL took over their licence in February, had greater TV appeal than the Reds.

The Titans attracted 7.7 million viewers, almost six million more than the Reds (1.85m).

In the key Gold Coast market, they out-rated AFL’s Suns by an average 80,273 viewers per game.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...story-comments

An excerpt from a Peter Badel story in the Courier Mail

🤣
Xman wrote
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Nice.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

It'd definitely surprise many a present and past member who've spouted the GC and QLD is afl homeland. Even the site's administrator beaussie has suggested the opposite of the above findings on many an occasion. Sheesh wook, hows about getting in touch with your membership eh? You been here long enough to know better ya know ;)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Will surprise dumbo .
He thinks the Titans are behind the thuns on the coast .
Well if you can dechiper his drunken rants that is what he seems to say .
But won't surprise me if he goes into a ratings box rant .

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Will surprise dumbo .
lol so where are all these titans fans, that caused the club to end up $30 odd million dollars in debt,forced them to leave their training and admin venue to be training at the local high school & have their admin facilities located in the local council shutting stands in their specialty designed titans stadium?

oh but but but TV ratings :)))
where are all those fans spazza, in what is apparently in NRLOL heart land
keep relying on those 4800 TV rating boxes that represents 23 million people!
the gold coast is one of those places as well where there is known double counting on those rating boxes :)))
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Will surprise dumbo .
lol so where are all these titans fans, that caused the club to end up $30 odd million dollars in debt,forced them to leave their training and admin venue to be training at the local high school & have their admin facilities located in the local council shutting stands in their specialty designed titans stadium?

oh but but but TV ratings :)))
where are all those fans spazza, in what is apparently in NRLOL heart land
keep relying on those 4800 TV rating boxes that represents 23 million people!
the gold coast is one of those places as well where there is known double counting on those rating boxes :)))
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Picked it in One

:_<> :_<> :_<>

Come on dumbo ...into the ratings box theory thread I started for you .
We can discuss your loony conspiracy theories .
You keep avoiding it .
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You there dumbo .
How come you rant about ratings boxes everywhere except up in the thread I started for you

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

AFL great Leigh Matthews says Queensland should only have one team in the league

AFL great Leigh Matthews believes there is no point persisting with two teams in Queensland.

Matthews coached Brisbane to three consecutive premierships and is currently the deputy chairman at the Lions.

He was sceptical when Gold Coast joined the league in 2011 and reiterated his view on Monday night that there is not enough demand to warrant two sides in southeast Queensland.

"I thought that from the very beginning," Matthews told the Seven Network.

"Nothing will change that. The Suns might win premierships, that's not the issue.

"I don't think there is a demand for two teams in this part of the world."

The Suns and Lions have struggled in recent years, both on and off the field.

Recent crowds have been modest at the Gabba and Carrara.

The Suns have crashed after a bright start to the season, while fellow expansion side Greater Western Sydney is on track to achieve their maiden finals berth.

The Lions have enjoyed one win this year, over Gold Coast.

Matthews doubted whether the league would seriously look at changing the status quo.

"The people who made that decision are still running the AFL," he said.

"While those people are running the AFL, I don't think anytime soon will there not be two teams in southeast Queensland."

🤣
Xman wrote
Xman
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

Same could be said for the NRL in the region too
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

AFL great Leigh Matthews says Queensland should only have one team in the league

AFL great Leigh Matthews believes there is no point persisting with two teams in Queensland.

Matthews coached Brisbane to three consecutive premierships and is currently the deputy chairman at the Lions.

He was sceptical when Gold Coast joined the league in 2011 and reiterated his view on Monday night that there is not enough demand to warrant two sides in southeast Queensland.

"I thought that from the very beginning," Matthews told the Seven Network.

"Nothing will change that. The Suns might win premierships, that's not the issue.

"I don't think there is a demand for two teams in this part of the world."

The Suns and Lions have struggled in recent years, both on and off the field.

Recent crowds have been modest at the Gabba and Carrara.

The Suns have crashed after a bright start to the season, while fellow expansion side Greater Western Sydney is on track to achieve their maiden finals berth.

The Lions have enjoyed one win this year, over Gold Coast.

Matthews doubted whether the league would seriously look at changing the status quo.

"The people who made that decision are still running the AFL," he said.

"While those people are running the AFL, I don't think anytime soon will there not be two teams in southeast Queensland."
it costs twice as much to run an AFL club $40 million plus
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t.1127695/
good discussion on it here

most NRLOL clubs run on budgets of $15 to $20 million, a few million in sponsorship, memberships & gate reciepts, $9 odd million from the broadcast distribution money there you have enough to run an NRLOL club

take the moral high ground spazza, but on the GC its a known grave yard for sporting teams & the titans proved this, the NRLOL cannot afford to keep them so they have them up for sale, thats after they save the titans from being closed down by ASIC after racking up $40 odd million of debt! the titans couldnt even pay rent & were training at a local high school & had its administration set up at the council building! :)))

so as per usual spazza your a fucken hypocrite with no fucken idea
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

How am I taking the moral high ground?
You really have no concept or grasp of the English language .

Go read this thread .
See you fumblers continually raving how great Aflol was going on the GC .

We tried to tell you .

🤣
Xman wrote