Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
So tell me stupid .
What is the major sport in QLD .
Lol
That's outside Syd .

You are stupid ,really really stupid .
But you do have some talent .

Deflecting after being caught out lying .
& posting utter rot .

Other than that. Not much .
what has that got to do with what we have spoken about in this thread?
you are obviously rattled to what i posted from LU :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

you put it on there :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by AFLcrap1 »

WTF are you talking about?
You posted a claim that outside Syd RL is a pimple BLAH blah .

I just showed how clueless you are.
& your conspiracy theories are amusing .

But as usual you are wrong .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
WTF are you talking about?
You posted a claim that outside Syd RL is a pimple BLAH blah .

I just showed how clueless you are.
& your conspiracy theories are amusing .

But as usual you are wrong .
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
call me whatever you want! claim what ever you want spazza :thumbleft: :)))
run for the hill back to inbred central! cant hide from the truth :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :)))
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Ummm
Forget the rant .
Get back to your claim .
Or as usual you will avoid talking about your lies .

Lol

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

he history of the NRL is filled with the ghosts of failed expansion teams and historic clubs who were told they were no longer viable. From the Western Reds to the South Queensland Crushers, Australian rugby league’s attempts to expand its national competition have been littered with casualties.
Given that expansion is now back on the NRL’s agenda it would be worthwhile looking at these past failures and asking whether the NRL can legitimately support an expansion of the competition at this time.
With clubs like the Titans and Raiders on life support and others such as Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra and Cronulla receiving financial assistance, not to mention the Knights being outright owned by the NRL, talk of expanding seems premature.
Despite the financial woes of these existing clubs the real issue is that there is simply not enough talent to support expansion of a competition which is already deeply lopsided.
The most recent expansion club, Gold Coast Titans, provides a case study of the difficulties the NRL will face in any attempts at expanding beyond the current 16 teams. Despite three previous failed attempts to establish a permanent presence in the area – RIP the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers – the Titans seemed like a sure thing on paper.
Based in a major metropolitan area in league-mad Queensland, with a state of the art new stadium complex in Robina and a team filled with talent, including the likes of Scott Prince, Mat Rogers and Preston Campbell, the Titans seemed destined for success. Yet coming into their ninth season many are questioning the long-term viability of the club as it continues to struggle financially and fails to find corporate backing.
For the upcoming season the Titans have failed to attract a shirt, lower back and sleeve sponsor and are said to be considering offering the spots to a charity if sponsorship cannot be obtained before the start of the campaign. Given the Titans struggles to establish themselves as a financially viable organisation it seems the NRL would do well to ensure the club’s long-term future before considering expansion or risk losing the area to Aussie rules forever.
Another major impediment to the NRL’s expansion is the available talent and whether the competition could support an additional 50 first grade spots (based on two 25-man rosters). One of the NRL’s greatest strengths is its ability to continually produce first rate talent while simultaneously haemorrhaging stars to rival codes, as the recent loss of Sam Burgess, Jarryd Hayne and Sonny Bill Williams attests.
Yet even if the NRL improved its ability to retain stars like Israel Folau there are simply not enough first-grade calibre players around to support 18 teams. This is particularly true of the skill positions of fullback, halfback and hooker, with several existing clubs already seriously lacking in those areas.
No club has felt the uneven distribution of talent across the league more keenly than Canberra, having been shunned by a string of high profile players from James Tedesco to Josh Mansour. While the Raiders remain financially viable due to their association with the Canberra Raiders Group, the club is unable to attract the talent it needs to compete and struggles to retain the talent it helps develop like Anthony Milford.
The decline of the Raiders’ fortunes from its golden age in the late 1980s to the mid ’90s should give the NRL pause when considering the future of the Melbourne Storm as its golden generation start to age and eventually retire.
The NRL’s 1998 season provides an example of what the competition might look like if the playing talent is stretched too thinly. That season a record 20 clubs fielded teams in the competition in what was meant as a Darwinian battle of survival. It was no coincidence that this was also one of the most lopsided seasons in the competition’s history, as teams like the Chargers and Magpies proved to be weekly whipping boys, regularly getting cricket scores put up against them by stronger teams.
The season’s end saw the Adelaide Rams and Gold Coast Chargers fold, while Illawarra and St George merged as the competition moved toward a 14-team competition.
None of this is to say that expansion couldn’t work, but if we are to see the likes of the West Coast Pirates, Brisbane Bombers or Central Coast Bears in the 2018 season, the NRL needs to seriously consider whether expansion is both financially viable and realistic based on the playing talent available.
My guess is that given the lure of increased TV revenue, the NRL will introduce second Brisbane based and New Zealand based teams. Unfortunately if this happens, teams like the Raiders, Titans and Sharks might become endangered species.

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC
Been liked: 0

Post by AFLsforPussies »

leagueiscrap wrote:
he history of the NRL is filled with the ghosts of failed expansion teams and historic clubs who were told they were no longer viable. From the Western Reds to the South Queensland Crushers, Australian rugby league’s attempts to expand its national competition have been littered with casualties.
Given that expansion is now back on the NRL’s agenda it would be worthwhile looking at these past failures and asking whether the NRL can legitimately support an expansion of the competition at this time.
With clubs like the Titans and Raiders on life support and others such as Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra and Cronulla receiving financial assistance, not to mention the Knights being outright owned by the NRL, talk of expanding seems premature.
Despite the financial woes of these existing clubs the real issue is that there is simply not enough talent to support expansion of a competition which is already deeply lopsided.
The most recent expansion club, Gold Coast Titans, provides a case study of the difficulties the NRL will face in any attempts at expanding beyond the current 16 teams. Despite three previous failed attempts to establish a permanent presence in the area – RIP the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers – the Titans seemed like a sure thing on paper.
Based in a major metropolitan area in league-mad Queensland, with a state of the art new stadium complex in Robina and a team filled with talent, including the likes of Scott Prince, Mat Rogers and Preston Campbell, the Titans seemed destined for success. Yet coming into their ninth season many are questioning the long-term viability of the club as it continues to struggle financially and fails to find corporate backing.
For the upcoming season the Titans have failed to attract a shirt, lower back and sleeve sponsor and are said to be considering offering the spots to a charity if sponsorship cannot be obtained before the start of the campaign. Given the Titans struggles to establish themselves as a financially viable organisation it seems the NRL would do well to ensure the club’s long-term future before considering expansion or risk losing the area to Aussie rules forever.
Another major impediment to the NRL’s expansion is the available talent and whether the competition could support an additional 50 first grade spots (based on two 25-man rosters). One of the NRL’s greatest strengths is its ability to continually produce first rate talent while simultaneously haemorrhaging stars to rival codes, as the recent loss of Sam Burgess, Jarryd Hayne and Sonny Bill Williams attests.
Yet even if the NRL improved its ability to retain stars like Israel Folau there are simply not enough first-grade calibre players around to support 18 teams. This is particularly true of the skill positions of fullback, halfback and hooker, with several existing clubs already seriously lacking in those areas.
No club has felt the uneven distribution of talent across the league more keenly than Canberra, having been shunned by a string of high profile players from James Tedesco to Josh Mansour. While the Raiders remain financially viable due to their association with the Canberra Raiders Group, the club is unable to attract the talent it needs to compete and struggles to retain the talent it helps develop like Anthony Milford.
The decline of the Raiders’ fortunes from its golden age in the late 1980s to the mid ’90s should give the NRL pause when considering the future of the Melbourne Storm as its golden generation start to age and eventually retire.
The NRL’s 1998 season provides an example of what the competition might look like if the playing talent is stretched too thinly. That season a record 20 clubs fielded teams in the competition in what was meant as a Darwinian battle of survival. It was no coincidence that this was also one of the most lopsided seasons in the competition’s history, as teams like the Chargers and Magpies proved to be weekly whipping boys, regularly getting cricket scores put up against them by stronger teams.
The season’s end saw the Adelaide Rams and Gold Coast Chargers fold, while Illawarra and St George merged as the competition moved toward a 14-team competition.
None of this is to say that expansion couldn’t work, but if we are to see the likes of the West Coast Pirates, Brisbane Bombers or Central Coast Bears in the 2018 season, the NRL needs to seriously consider whether expansion is both financially viable and realistic based on the playing talent available.
My guess is that given the lure of increased TV revenue, the NRL will introduce second Brisbane based and New Zealand based teams. Unfortunately if this happens, teams like the Raiders, Titans and Sharks might become endangered species.

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
CAN EVERYONE ELSE SMELL THE FEAR OF THIS GUY KNOWING NRL IS TAKING EXPANSION SERIOUSLY INTO PERTH :)))

All he can do is talk about happenings nearly 20 years ago when Rugby League was in the middle of a court battle between two competions.

AND AFL DOES'NT HAVE A 34 MILLION BANK GAURANTEE ON NEARLY HALF IT'S COMPETION TEAMS TO HELP THEM PAY BILLS???

ST Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne, North Melbourne have all needed financial help from the AFL. Yet AFL still expanded, even in a place nobody gives two shits about AFL... Western Sydney which is just a money drain for your code :cheers:

Perth have strong financial backers as well as good crowds when NRL games are played there, so a team in Perth is very financially viable. They would do a lot better than your flopping giants playing in two cities to get support :lol: :lol:

Central Coast Bears have John Singelton willing to back them. The guy is worth 300 million plus and owns a lot of media businesses. :cheers:

THEN THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER POTENTIAL BIDS WITH GOOD FINANCIAL BACKINGS TOO.

SMELL THE FEAR OF THE AFL PELICAN THAT SUPPORTS ESSENDON BOMB OUTS BOYS!!!!!!!

WHO HAS HAD VFL CLUBS GOING UNDER BECAUSE OF LACK OF SUPPORT IN A HEARTLAND STATE???

YES THAT RIGHT, BENDIGO GOLD JUST TURNED INTO BENDIGO FOLD :(/ :(/

NOT GOOD NEWS FOR AFL LOL :cheers:
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

GREAT YEARS AHEAD FOR THE NRL

SO MUCH TO GAIN!!
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

Why are you shouting?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

In 20 years time the Amatuer League will still not be able to out rate shows like Skippy and Dora the explorer.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Based on your imagination?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

In 20 years time the NRL won't exist

See, I can do that as well
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

post_hoc wrote:
based on what happened this week you stupid ch.u.nt :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

oh LOL league

never change
never change :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

post_hoc wrote:

yes wanker
however parras prediction is quite feasible n believable
I mean
its already happened 8-[
:lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/

while yours is a little pud pulling wet dream
see the diff piss flap :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Raiderdave wrote:
post_hoc wrote:

yes wanker
however parras prediction is quite feasible n believable
I mean
its already happened 8-[
:lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/

while yours is a little pud pulling wet dream
see the diff piss flap :cool:
And lyingdave the dumbest person on the Internet,
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

post_hoc wrote:
Based on Doc Mcstuffin kicking the shit out of the poor widdle lol league .
:))) :))) :)))

🤣
Xman wrote