Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred I always laugh at the player numbers thrown around by any afl official
They have form ..lots of it .
& why are we hearing about this just now .
If they had to turn kids away at the beginning of the year then ask yourself why this mob( who love to beat their chest & proclaim loud to everyone who will listen how great fumbles is going in NSW)
Only talked about it now

If it was true they would have been in the media at seasons start ..
Funny how it only comes out now .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by Fred »

So the eastern bulldogs train at two grounds according to the the teams websire ....further adding weight to his comments of having to use two grounds ..... funny that.

What’s it matter when it comes out? I suspect gill had the meeting with club presidents when he came up and made it a news event??? I am sure the presidents have been complaining ongoingly ... you just don’t get a meeting or a message to the head of Australia’s biggest sporting body that easy. I’d say he used his trip to Sydney to meet with them and se the finals at the time as a marketing exercise .... which is reasonable. I am not sure about promoting kids being turned away though as if you were thinking about it you may not bother.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Anyway .... this being stuck in a hospital room and doing nothing has given me an insight into what it is like to sit in a room most of the day googling shit lol. Found that article when google Australian rules in Sydney. So bored. Don’t get me wrong the room is like a suite .... but still.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:57 pm
So the eastern bulldogs train at two grounds according to the the teams websire ....further adding weight to his comments of having to use two grounds ..... funny that.

What’s it matter when it comes out? I suspect gill had the meeting with club presidents when he came up and made it a news event??? I am sure the presidents have been complaining ongoingly ... you just don’t get a meeting or a message to the head of Australia’s biggest sporting body that easy. I’d say he used his trip to Sydney to meet with them and se the finals at the time as a marketing exercise .... which is reasonable. I am not sure about promoting kids being turned away though as if you were thinking about it you may not bother.
Lol what's it matter when it comes out .
Um I explained above why I'm cynical
But as usual whoooooosh .

Why would they wait till the supreme leader is there .
The bosses of AFLQ are often in the media with the feelgood....good news look at us stories .

Look at aflnsw
Lol they like the media feelgood stories too .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You think anything from the afl is dubious. What... based on Birchgrove oval ? I’m not sure.

But surely a club president bemoaning the afl not planning or financing enough ovals can be taken as serious and legitimate ?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Never mentioned that
There's plenty of other bullshit numbers that show a pattern.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So an article highlighting an Australian rules football club president bemoaning the afl for their lack of planning, poor prioritising, and lack of financing enough ovals should not be believed? You think there is a conspiracy from this club president, that he should not be believed ... even as critical of afl ?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol I question his numbers of people they had to turn away .

They probably did .
It happens in a lot of junior sports ..too many kids at one club .
But the number he stated ..I loled

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Really. Why is that? Has he a history of lying? He would have actual figures. You should email him and ask? I mean calling the guy basically a liar it’s the least you could do. You have no evidence to suggest he made up the registers players st his club ? There are a lot of teams at the club and it’s a high number I agree but I have no reason this guy... who is likely a volunteer, should lie.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Um sorry Fred the sport has form
So as,I said yeh they prob did turn away kids ..
That much is true

The numbers he is quoting .
Lol

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol here we go
AFL Suns boss quoting participation numbers for AFL V actual registered club players for RL in QLD .

They sure do love. A little white lie
They sure do love propaganda .

But you mob never seem to have an issue with that

Australian football has a vastly higher participation rate in Queensland with its 180,132 players last year dwarfing rugby league’s 61,828. But it is yet to translate into a significant fan base with the sport still trailing rugby league in members and crowd figures.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/spo ... 06ca8c463b

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay I read this. As said couped up in a room with crap tv. Nice researching afl crap.... I dying to get out and about ... don’t k ow how you do it but all power to you if it’s the case of making the most of a shitty situation. I mean that in all seriousness and not as a dig.

Anyway, I read those figures and are these the usual “participation” numbers that includes school programmes etc. a bit like the Rl experience” the nrl have used?

Anyway, whilst they may lack face validity I am assuming there is something contradicting these numbers? Are the nrl numbers low or Australian rules too high in your opinion. Is there something to refute these numbers?

As an aside, I was curious as to comparing Gold Coast and Brisbane afl to only Brisbane and Townsville ?? No titans? Interesting as now the suns outdo the titans for crowds...give. It was written in 2015.

Also, I think an afl offical quoting offical figures (participation numbers) is different to a volunteer from a Sydney suburban club quoting his clubs registered players.

Also, the aflq now break down participation numbers as wookie posted and I linked to. I will have another look re numbers.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I think it was 2016 ..27 k registered club afl players inQLD .

That wdoesnt suit the afl bullshit narrative when getting numbers in the media so ...we will just post participation numbers.
But make sure we post only registered club players in RL

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don’t think the afl wrote the article and would think that the nrl would have provided the nrl numbers. Don’t nrl used”nrl experience”

Anyway... I do believe the numbers re participation are broken down ... as has been posted which delineates Auskick, school, registered club players etc.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

28000 club participants

http://www.aflq.com.au/2016-participati ... ueensland/

All figures here. Also competition participants are pretty high.
Veni, vidi, vici