Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I'm still looking for that article ..I think it was Brisbane times where an afl official stated there were 400 k in Qld .

Lol that was hilarious .

Will keep looking .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 pm
Yes I can see where the numbers could be attributed to the journo
Strange they would put that in after posting what the CEO had to say .
the media as Terry said seem to be very pro afl when comparing codes .
Lol makes one wonder ..do they research any thing or just get their info off whoever is talking.
I take that as as close we will get to you admitting you were wrong. For the record .... no.. it is not a matter of where they “could” be attributed to the journalist ... they were the journalists commentary and you wrongly attributed them to the afl official. :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And yes... lazy journalism which is not surprising these days.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fair enough .
What I don't get is why it is done
It's straight out bullshit
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Just lazy journalism I would guess. The way journalism is done today is that organisations send out nice little sound bites, snap shots, etc. a lot of journalists just take these and use them. Political parties do this all the time knowing journalists are time poor in a 24 hour news cycle knowing they’ll regurgitate what is give . I suspect here the journalist has gone to his afl file (which the afl would have prepared professionally in easy bite sized information) and to the nrl dosier prepared (if the nrl have done so) or gone to the internet and googled. It’s just lazy journalism.

Wookie is right . The nrl need to be more media savvy in promoting their business and presenting it in the most favourable light. It’s just good business pure and simple.

Thing is, the numbers for Australian rules is quite impressive anyway .. even for registered club players. These are broken down from seniors, juniors and afl 9s with the later I believe needing to be taken out. But with what the afl provide you can do that as it really s broken down significantly.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:05 pm
I think it is just poor journalism. Regardless aflcrap states that the afl official quoted numbers for afl and nrl which he clearly did not. Let’s sddress that issue first... I want to see aflcrap admit he was wrong on that. It’s a simple “yep got that wrong” or an excuse or deflection or ignore. We will see which it is. Will he live up to the standards he expects of others ? I think he will admit his error.
Its not just poor journalism, i think theres a shared confusion where media and officials use registered "participants" and "players" like its an interchangeable term in a broad sense, when the specifics are somewhat more convoluted.

This happened to the AFL where NZ figures given as registered players was identical to the figure for registered participants, and suggests that the terminology was confused.
Come on Wookie, you've read the Lawson report. You know 'the perception V reality' story. The AFL purposely sell participation numbers in new markets. Here's what Lawson said,

" There are 6 per cent less junior/youth players in 2012 than in 2009. The perception, however, is that the game is growing well. This perception is supported by masking low junior club numbers with Auskick numbers (Club, School and Community Auskick) and school program numbers.

''This optimistic, bullish perception is needed to market the game. However, this perception urgently needs to be underpinned by committed junior club participants.''

That's an official AFL report. It's black and white. They purposely mask low junior numbers with Auskick numbers and school programs. They do this to market the game. Silly Gilly did it with the NZ numbers when he told the Kiwis they had 30k AFL players in the country. He got laughed out of the place.

It's nothing to do with confusion and all to do with AFL propaganda. Thankfully people are now waking up to it although some lazy or compliant journalists still try it on from time to time.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 am
The_Wookie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:05 pm
I think it is just poor journalism. Regardless aflcrap states that the afl official quoted numbers for afl and nrl which he clearly did not. Let’s sddress that issue first... I want to see aflcrap admit he was wrong on that. It’s a simple “yep got that wrong” or an excuse or deflection or ignore. We will see which it is. Will he live up to the standards he expects of others ? I think he will admit his error.
Its not just poor journalism, i think theres a shared confusion where media and officials use registered "participants" and "players" like its an interchangeable term in a broad sense, when the specifics are somewhat more convoluted.

This happened to the AFL where NZ figures given as registered players was identical to the figure for registered participants, and suggests that the terminology was confused.
Come on Wookie, you've read the Lawson report. You know 'the perception V reality' story. The AFL purposely sell participation numbers in new markets. Here's what Lawson said,

" There are 6 per cent less junior/youth players in 2012 than in 2009. The perception, however, is that the game is growing well. This perception is supported by masking low junior club numbers with Auskick numbers (Club, School and Community Auskick) and school program numbers.

''This optimistic, bullish perception is needed to market the game. However, this perception urgently needs to be underpinned by committed junior club participants.''

That's an official AFL report. It's black and white. They purposely mask low junior numbers with Auskick numbers and school programs. They do this to market the game. Silly Gilly did it with the NZ numbers when he told the Kiwis they had 30k AFL players in the country. He got laughed out of the place.

It's nothing to do with confusion and all to do with AFL propaganda. Thankfully people are now waking up to it although some lazy or compliant journalists still try it on from time to time.
And then nrlol don’t fudge the numbers

That’s why you take into account other 3rd party stats as well.

But you loons don’t like to do that as it shows the nrlll figures are totally BS
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think the afl now break down the numbers where Auskick and other types of participation are highlighted ... including club registered players? Is that right wookie ?

I do agree the afl do try to paint a positive light but that’s their job ... hence “participation” numbers. We saw the nrl do similar, but as per usual, they did so unconvincingly using the term Rl experience .... at least participation numbers appeared more
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am
I think the afl now break down the numbers where Auskick and other types of participation are highlighted ... including club registered players? Is that right wookie ?

I do agree the afl do try to paint a positive light but that’s their job ... hence “participation” numbers. We saw the nrl do similar, but as per usual, they did so unconvincingly using the term Rl experience .... at least participation numbers appeared more
So you now agree that the fumblers BS with their numbers but now it's their job lololololololol. How predictable.

FYI: The AFL now breaks down some of their numbers in their annual report. Since they have been called out they are more careful with what they say but they still try it occasionally.

And yes, since the AFL started with their 'participation numbers' all the other codes have done likewise for the obvious reasons. In fact both the AFL and NRL claim total participation numbers of 1.4m each.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

No. Read carefully as I explain it slowly and simply.

The afl. The afl market their game positively. That’s their and any other businesses job. They used participation numbers to do this as it looks better. It’s not a lie when numbers are factual. What those numbers mean is another thing and they have been called out in it and now break those numbers down... which for the afl in Queensland are quite impressive.
Veni, vidi, vici