Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by Fred »

I thought this was interesting ... likely the afl equivalent to the nrl “Rl experience”

125,048 School Programs

678,781 promotional participants (8.1% increase)
87,185 female participants (22.2% increase)
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Where do you see the 4 footy codes in Australia - League, Soccer, Union & AFL being in 20 years from now.

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I don't get it . What the fuck are you babbling about .
I was having a discussion with Fred about participation & real club registered numbers .
I didn't post a headline
So what the fuck are you on about .
I posted a quote from an AFl official in Qld .
No headline Just about halfway through the story .
Whee he talked about afl having far more participants than RL .
Yet he quoted real registered numbers for Rl & bullshit participation numbers for AFL .

So show me the headline .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:31 pm
I don’t think the afl wrote the article and would think that the nrl would have provided the nrl numbers. Don’t nrl used”nrl experience”

Anyway... I do believe the numbers re participation are broken down ... as has been posted which delineates Auskick, school, registered club players etc.
Not in that's article .
Al,I did was highlight the bullshit & propaganda that afl use .
They were quoting the Suns boss .

Are you drugged up in hospital because you just can't see the propaganda .

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:37 pm
28000 club participants

http://www.aflq.com.au/2016-participati ... ueensland/

All figures here. Also competition participants are pretty high.
So tell me why they have to bullshit in the media .
Why don't they just quote that number instead of comparing the bullshit figure .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Wasn’t it the journalist who reported the numbers. There were no quotation marks so where does it say he got the Rl numbers from the afl official ... it’s a commentary from the journalist .

Australian football has a vastly higher participation rate in Queensland with its 180,132 players last year dwarfing rugby league’s 61,828. But it is yet to translate into a significant fan base with the sport still trailing rugby league in members and crowd figures.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

If the journalist got it wrong that’s not the afl’s fault ? And it doesn’t say the Rl are actual registered players or whether they are participation numbers ?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:18 pm
Lol here we go
AFL Suns boss quoting participation numbers for AFL V actual registered club players for RL in QLD .

They sure do love. A little white lie
They sure do love propaganda .

But you mob never seem to have an issue with that

Australian football has a vastly higher participation rate in Queensland with its 180,132 players last year dwarfing rugby league’s 61,828. But it is yet to translate into a significant fan base with the sport still trailing rugby league in members and crowd figures.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/spo ... 06ca8c463b
I have had another read of this article (this must be a record) and I think you have .... well I want accuse you of lying ... but made a mistake in your comments. Where is “AFL Suns boss quoting participation numbers for AFL V actual registered club players for RL in QLD .”. That is the journalist making a commentary. Hmmmm .... the comments re: white lies .... you know what they say when you point fingers ..... so I want do the same .... I think just an honest mistake.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Here’s the article in full

GOLD Coast Suns CEO ­Andrew Travis says the AFL’s new TV rights deal could finally give the sport the power to challenge rugby league as the premier code in Queensland.

The AFL has been a pillar of strength in nearly every state across Australia but has been unable to wrestle Queensland from the grip of rugby league.

But the $2.5 billion broadcast deal, to begin from 2017, signed recently by the AFL has cast a large shadow over the NRL’s $925 million agreement with the Nine Network.

Travis said the deal could provide the game with a war chest to become the true national game. He said the topic would be a priority when talks begin with AFL headquarters about distribution of the profits.

“We need to broaden the deep connection we have with those that are engaged with the club and the AFL now needs to build a connection with new fans and grow the base of the game in this area,” Travis said.

“It is common sense and we need the resources to invest in plans and it is something we will be talking about.”

The Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys boast a combined 42,830 ­members and average crowd attendance of 48,557.

AFL counterparts Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns have 39,051 members and ave­rage crowd of 33,227.

The new deal will feature games from Thursday to Sunday but Travis said the club was not interested in moving from their schedule dominated by Saturday fixtures.

Travis said the timeslot catered for a unique Gold Coast community that hosts fans from other states looking for a weekend holiday location that incorporates their own team.

“We believe Saturday is the preferred day for our games, predominantly twilight,” Travis said.

“It performs best for us and that is where we get our biggest games.”

Travis said the club would also be open to a Friday night QClash game between the Gold Coast and Brisbane Lions.
Veni, vidi, vici
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles
Been liked: 0

Post by Buzz »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm
Oh dear .
Who can live with the sound of a continually disappointed feminist?

:[]
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Shoo. shoo now. You annoying little prat.
Veni, vidi, vici
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

Fred wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:13 pm
Shoo. shoo now. You annoying little prat.
Been inactive on this forum for some weeks now, come back and see this buzz guy making a fool of himself with 200 plus facepalm worthy posts within a month.
EST. 1870
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 pm
Here’s the article in full

GOLD Coast Suns CEO ­Andrew Travis says the AFL’s new TV rights deal could finally give the sport the power to challenge rugby league as the premier code in Queensland.

The AFL has been a pillar of strength in nearly every state across Australia but has been unable to wrestle Queensland from the grip of rugby league.

But the $2.5 billion broadcast deal, to begin from 2017, signed recently by the AFL has cast a large shadow over the NRL’s $925 million agreement with the Nine Network.

Travis said the deal could provide the game with a war chest to become the true national game. He said the topic would be a priority when talks begin with AFL headquarters about distribution of the profits.

“We need to broaden the deep connection we have with those that are engaged with the club and the AFL now needs to build a connection with new fans and grow the base of the game in this area,” Travis said.

“It is common sense and we need the resources to invest in plans and it is something we will be talking about.”

The Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys boast a combined 42,830 ­members and average crowd attendance of 48,557.

AFL counterparts Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns have 39,051 members and ave­rage crowd of 33,227.

The new deal will feature games from Thursday to Sunday but Travis said the club was not interested in moving from their schedule dominated by Saturday fixtures.

Travis said the timeslot catered for a unique Gold Coast community that hosts fans from other states looking for a weekend holiday location that incorporates their own team.

“We believe Saturday is the preferred day for our games, predominantly twilight,” Travis said.

“It performs best for us and that is where we get our biggest games.”

Travis said the club would also be open to a Friday night QClash game between the Gold Coast and Brisbane Lions.
Well Fredo this is one of those very suspicious pro AFL articles that seem to appear on a regular basis. Is it the fault of AFL propaganda or an incompetent or compliant journalist? Who knows. I suspect a bit of both.

For a start the article compares the two codes broadcast deals. Strangely it quotes the full AFL deal and only half the RL deal. Only a halfwit wouldn't know that.

It then compares AFL "participation" numbers V RL registered weekend/club player numbers in Qld as crapper has pointed out. The AFL annual report shows Qld had 71k 'competition participants' and 219k 'participants' in total. The RL equivalent from a few years ago shows 71k registered players and 190k participants. The participant number would be much higher now as Touch is now affiliated with the NRL.

I would still question the AFL 'competition' numbers as I believe a large part are still school numbers whilst RL's is all weekend/club stuff. In any case the claim's made in the article are totally wrong, biased and misleading. The author is either a first class dill or an AFL fanboy.

The NRL should have someone in the media dept. searching for articles like this and immediately issuing a press release stating the true facts.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think it is just poor journalism. Regardless aflcrap states that the afl official quoted numbers for afl and nrl which he clearly did not. Let’s sddress that issue first... I want to see aflcrap admit he was wrong on that. It’s a simple “yep got that wrong” or an excuse or deflection or ignore. We will see which it is. Will he live up to the standards he expects of others ? I think he will admit his error.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yes I can see where the numbers could be attributed to the journo
Strange they would put that in after posting what the CEO had to say .
the media as Terry said seem to be very pro afl when comparing codes .
Lol makes one wonder ..do they research any thing or just get their info off whoever is talking.

🤣
Xman wrote