Sokka Hooligans at it again.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: Sokka Hooligans at it again.

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:04 am
I had my 6 year old at the game, usually have my 10 year old, guess what, my 6 year old didn't even see the banner, as he was watching the game, I didn't even see the banner, I reckon most people didn't see it until it was on the news/social media afterwards. It can't have been up for long.

So this comment 'think of the children' is a bit weird, was it wrong, yep, was it offensive, yep.

But don't cry 'think of the children' when hardly anyone actually saw it.
Just because you and your child didnt see it doesnt mean other children could or even did. This is offensive no question abd if you cant get that, its the reason soccer goes one step forward and two steps back in this country.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:44 pm
Swans4ever wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:42 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Hate to say it. But am I the only one who finds this banner really funny. I know it was the wrong thing to do.
But you can't deny it gave a lot of people a laugh.
Reminds me of something you would see on a mad Monday.
Only you NFI only you. Its disgusting and childish, wouldn't make me want to take my 5 yr old daughter to a WSW game.
Ah lighten up man. Would have been comedy gold for heaps of people.
When I saw that sign, I could not stop laughing. :(/

The pic looked nothing like the actual fc coach either... so I don't know how people thought it was him straight away.
You really have double standards - if this happened in AFL you couldnt condemn it enough, you would be first in line to lead the protest. Just hypocritical!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

Swans4ever wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:53 am
I had my 6 year old at the game, usually have my 10 year old, guess what, my 6 year old didn't even see the banner, as he was watching the game, I didn't even see the banner, I reckon most people didn't see it until it was on the news/social media afterwards. It can't have been up for long.

So this comment 'think of the children' is a bit weird, was it wrong, yep, was it offensive, yep.

Just because you and your child didnt see it doesnt mean other children could or even did. This is offensive no question abd if you cant get that, its the reason soccer goes one step forward and two steps back in this country.
settle down dude, don't put words into my mouth. Read what i actually said. This was in response to you claiming you wouldn't take your children. I was simply saying what I did and what i saw (or didn't see)

I suspect you wouldn't take your children to a football match because you don't like football, but hey use what ever excuse you want.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:07 am

settle down dude, don't put words into my mouth. Read what i actually said. This was in response to you claiming you wouldn't take your children. I was simply saying what I did and what i saw (or didn't see)

I suspect you wouldn't take your children to a football match because you don't like football, but hey use what ever excuse you want.
Not true have taken my son to Victory matches generally like the crowd atmospher but you just have to accept its things like these that doesnt encourage parents with kids to attend, WSW fans just seem to be that step over the line from being funny and cheeky to being offensive and assholes. Thats my point.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Swans4ever wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 am
Swans4ever wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:42 am

Only you NFI only you. Its disgusting and childish, wouldn't make me want to take my 5 yr old daughter to a WSW game.

The pic looked nothing like the actual fc coach either... so I don't know how people thought it was him straight away.
You really have double standards - if this happened in AFL you couldnt condemn it enough, you would be first in line to lead the protest. Just hypocritical!
Funny that eh? Hypocritical indeed.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Swans4ever wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:44 pm
post_hoc wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:07 am

Not true have taken my son to Victory matches generally like the crowd atmospher but you just have to accept its things like these that doesnt encourage parents with kids to attend, WSW fans just seem to be that step over the line from being funny and cheeky to being offensive and assholes. Thats my point.

The following sums it up and appears to be in line with your point.
What kind of people think it would be acceptable — let alone an actively good idea — to spend many hours creating a moving banner designed to show Graham Arnold engaged in a sex act, and unfurl it in the midst of a football match on national television?

Let’s be honest, the banner was clearly meant to be Arnie, as the embodiment of Sydney FC, and if we were in any doubt, the message was reinforced on Sunday by the RBB’s Twitter account posting a quote from the Sydney coach along with a picture of their banner.

This is something that has no place in society, let alone at a football match. It’s homophobic, lewd, sexually explicit and deeply offensive.

Arnie has three daughters old enough to know exactly what the banner meant. They might have hoped that by Monday lunchtime, some sort of apology was forthcoming to their father from the club in whose name that banner was constructed.

On Sunday Western Sydney said they “didn’t condone” it. Is that really the best they can do, the strongest thing they can think of to say? If so it shows a lack of responsibility, a refusal to address this problem associated with their club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 16ba77da43
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:52 am

No I would laugh at it in any sport. League and AFL included. :mrgreen:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:47 am
Beaussie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:52 am

No I would laugh at it in any sport. League and AFL included. :mrgreen:
You are full of shit
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

My Sydney FC mate has just told me about 20 Melbourne Victory fans (casuals they’re apparently known as) attacked him and two other Sydney FC fans on Bourke St Melbourne last night. Kicking him in the head until he was unconscious and then stealing his bag and Sydney FC flags. Seriously, what the fuck is it with soccer and it’s wannabe thugs mentality.

Mate says after leaving hospital today he reported it to Victoria Police who apparently said they have to deal with this shit every time there is a soccer game on in Melbourne.

Fucked up totally i say. Any wonder why the game has never really been embraced by Australians?