What is there next for Australian rules football.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: What is there next for Australian rules football.

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:58 pm
I think it is a mistake for local games such as Australian Rules and to the same extent Rugby League to get too big overseas. Sure, garner some interest however, imagine, if rugby league becomes really popular in England - to the point of saying rivalling soccer or even Rugby Union. What would that mean for rugby league in Australia? Would all the best players go to England as the money would be much better and it would be more lucrative. It may be a poisoned chalice.
Are you trying to compare AFLs presence in England to Rugby Leagues again???

Time to face facts Fred. Unlike Rugby League, AFL has zero presence in England.
No professional teams,
No televised comp there,
No crowds turning up to watch AFL games.

Table tennis would be better known than AFL in the UK.

Rugby League is not an unknown game like AFL in the UK. Show me an AFL video like this played in England?
Otherwise stop talking.
Because at the moment AFL can't even get a team in another country, let alone another nation to take even the slightest interest in their code.

RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:39 pm
I think it is a mistake for local games such as Australian Rules and to the same extent Rugby League to get too big overseas. Sure, garner some interest however, imagine, if rugby league becomes really popular in England - to the point of saying rivalling soccer or even Rugby Union. What would that mean for rugby league in Australia? Would all the best players go to England as the money would be much better and it would be more lucrative. It may be a poisoned chalice.

No professional teams,
No televised comp there,

Rugby League is not an unknown game like AFL in the UK. Show me an AFL video like this played in England?
Otherwise stop talking.
Because at the moment AFL can't even get a team in another country, let alone another nation to take even the slightest interest in their code.

I think you missed the point of my post. Let me make it very clear ... Australian rules football has comparatively no presence internationally. Rugby league has a much bigger presence internationally. Whilst there are some Australian rules played overseas let’s not kid ourselves that this is in anyway at any significant level. Hope that is clear. I think most Australian rules supporters know this.

Now read my post again about what I postulated as a potential worry should Rl grow internatuobally, say in England, where it becomes a major sport.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Well Fredo, you have provided many many dull witted comments on this site but this one truly takes the cake. It is a comment of the raging AFL fanboy trying to explain why it doesn't matter that your mess of a game will forever be confined to Victardia and the little desert states of our fine land.

Anyone with an IQ above single digits knows that international expansion of a sport can only be positive. In fact any growth anywhere is always good.

Have a great day Fredo and stay well.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

What I read into that jealous load of tripe was
Look we have no hope of growing much overseas ..& we are jealous of sports that do
You do & are growing ....so if I try to put a negative spin on it maybe you RL fans will see that going nowhere is a great move .
Lol
In short .
We don't have it but you do ...waaa waaa waaa waaa
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay... well let me be clear again... Australian rules football is not in anyway international. Me personally, I do not care if it is or isn’t. I see no benefit to it really as it is. I’m not sure where I inplied I was jealous of sports that could grow internationally either. I’m not jealous of soccer or union and wish Rl the best of luck should they grow a major international presence. I think the following in the north of England is great.

Secondly, the point raised was actually put to me when overseas by a Rl die hard who dragged me and a few others to a bar to watch The World Cup game France v Australia. He made the point as I put it ... that if Rl was to become hugh in England for instance, whilst it would be good for Rl as a sport it would kill the nrl comp as the day England league would have way more money to entice the best players over. The nrl would end up like the A league. Now this has nothing to do with the afl as there is no chance of that happening.... and in all likelihood it is unlikely to happen in rl ... but if the two ... Rl is best placed to do so. Now you can make it an Australian rules v Rl thing or you could actually discuss what was put forward. I would be genuinely interested in what other Rl people think if possible.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

If if
But but
If if
But but

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Deflection alert ...

How about addressing the question and giving an opinion as suggested. Not saying it is right but thought the arguement was sound but was interested in your and others opinions (with some depth).
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

No deflection
You nutters live in some hypothetical world of what ifs
But what
What if
But .

Get real

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:39 pm

No professional teams,
No televised comp there,

Otherwise stop talking.

I think you missed the point of my post. Let me make it very clear ... Australian rules football has comparatively no presence internationally. Rugby league has a much bigger presence internationally. Whilst there are some Australian rules played overseas let’s not kid ourselves that this is in anyway at any significant level. Hope that is clear. I think most Australian rules supporters know this.

Now read my post again about what I postulated as a potential worry should Rl grow internatuobally, say in England, where it becomes a major sport.
Fred we can all see what your doing. You always do it. What your trying to say is Rugby Leagues international presence is the same as AFLs.
And then when you get called up on your sly diggs of jealousy, you back track like a coward and crawl back under a rock.

Just admit it, rugby league is absolutely flogging AFL at an international level.

Professional clubs in Canada, France, New Zealand.

Rep teams from almost every Pacific Island nation.

A professional comp in the UK thats premiers Wigan Warriors beat Cronulla Sharks in the world club challenge.
22-6.

All these things the one nation AFL has none of.

You can't even field a competitive lower tear overseas team to play AFL like the PNG Hunters in Qld cup. :lol:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay. Show me where I said it was the same. I actually spell it out very clearly that it is in no way the same. In fact I said afl has basically no comparative international presence. Rl does have some international presence. There’s a professional league in England that gets decent crowds for goodness sake. So not sure how you draw inference that I’m saying Rl has none. Rl is flogging afl re international presence as you put it. There’s not even a competition. I’m not jealous and I’m not even interested as afl aren’t even in the race. I think the whole China thing is stupid. I agree with everything you said in your post apart from me being jeoulous as it’s not an issue
The point I bought up was what would happen if Rl became hugh in England ? As big as union or soccer?
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

In the Super League Currently They have a quota (only 5 overseas players per squad)

there is a higher quota for the French side and welsh>

I will answer your question>

if the super league did become a lot stronger..

would it damage the NRL> the answer is No.. the benefits would be huge on many scales>

as long as the quota stays in check it would have no affect on the NRL>>

unless the Super League become a GIANT like the NFL
than Australia would be losing its best 50 players..
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay ... keeping the quota would work to some degree. But 5 per squad across teams is no small amount. I do agree that the super league would have to considerably bigger to entice players from the nrl with massive coin. Can’t see that happening however as the game grows you never know. 50 years down the track? Anyway it was an interesting point I hadn’t considered that was put to me by my knee Rl friend.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:48 pm
Okay ... keeping the quota would work to some degree. But 5 per squad across teams is no small amount. I do agree that the super league would have to considerably bigger to entice players from the nrl with massive coin. Can’t see that happening however as the game grows you never know. 50 years down the track? Anyway it was an interesting point I hadn’t considered that was put to me by my knee Rl friend.
Thanks Fred. Read this post a few times due to it's incoherence but finally grasped it. Basically you are clueless as usual. Don't try to theorise on RL my friend......you are running on empty.......nothing to offer...zero, zilch and nill!!!!!!

Stick to your strengths Fredo, as limited as they may be. Maybe discuss your fumbleball goal post spotting in SE Qld or have a semi literate rant about why RL thrashed the AFL in TV ratings again this year.

All the best Fredo and cheerio for now!!!!! What a dill!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So no response from our dullard friend terry as usual. I’ll try and dumb it down for you in future. Anyway, thanks leeroy for addressing the question appropriately and not deflecting. See Leroy .... be more like Leroy.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:28 am
No deflection
You nutters live in some hypothetical world of what ifs
But what
What if
But .

Get real
Bahahahahahaha
Self irony it’s finest
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.